BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Forest - match thread

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems MGP is off the hook.... for now and Jason Lowe is well and truly on it!

Twas ever thus at EP.

Dont want to get drawn into the merits of Jason Lowe its not his fault but whoever has plugged him so much recently needs to be reigned in.

Just hope 'scouse' isnt behind the bullshit.

Dont want to get drawn into the merits of Jason Lowe its not his fault but whoever has plugged him so much recently needs to be reigned in.

You haven't had any sun for a while have you, always putting people/players down, i told a few in the Blackburn end to sod off yesterday, sick to death of continually moaning if it wasn't Lowe it was Murphy or it was Henley for not running fast enough then Dan for being, well just there, and then Christ when pedders came on they were giving him stick before he kicked a ball. thing is dont go, support someone else.

You haven't had any sun for a while have you, always putting people/players down, i told a few in the Blackburn end to sod off yesterday, sick to death of continually moaning if it wasn't Lowe it was Murphy or it was Henley for not running fast enough then Dan for being, well just there, and then Christ when pedders came on they were giving him stick before he kicked a ball. thing is dont go, support someone else.

Ewood's always had miserable buggers around. I remember being next to some guy moaning on for 90 minutes when we beat United 1-0 about ten years ago!! I sometimes wonder what people expect when they watch us!

At this moment in time - Lowe is a good player for this division. He works hard, has reasonable pace, reasonable in the air, and not afraid to put a tackle in. It was very noticeable how it was invariably Lowe that was putting Forest players under pressure in midfield. Passing wise he is limited - though not as bad as some seem to make out - for some reason we seem to expect our players to always pass faultlessly - it doesn't happen in this division, and in truth even in the Premiership.

Made a pleasant change that after a dire 1st half we actually came out a different side in 2nd and looked dangerous. Speaks volumes for Bowyer and for the difference a goal makes when you're low in confidence. Motivation and man management are what we need more than anything else just now as this league is pretty mediocre and that can make all the diffeerence in most games.

It is on LT as breaking news. 2 1/2 yr deal.

On Lowe, if he is allowed to do the savage role, he will do just fine. Needs to continue to break up play and give it to the play maker.

Reason for shaky play until we scored is the awful home record and a complete lack of confidence. Once the first went in, it was like a weight had been lifted and players started to look for the ball and space.

+100 I would think that is correct, confidence can only come from results and performances, when things are going wrong, everything goes wrong!

you must be in front of us,I saw heated argument.

Yep Second half a guy i know from Darwen wasn't too happy when fans in front were constantly complaining so he gave them a mouth full and when half a dozen started giving him some stick back i gave them a gob full, silly really, getting too old for that kind of thing. Row 17 block No1 B burn end.

For those slagging Lowe off, don't overlook the fact he was pretty much playing on his own in CM yesterday.

Murphy was absolute toilet.

You must have gone by the time Murphy prevented Forest from scoring then

Do think there needs to be a bit more positivity now. In my opinion fans were barking up the wrong tree blaming the players instead of Berg, Berg was the problem and results since then are indicating that. Berg has gone, the quality of the players is showing through again and with the way they're playing they deserve proper support. Spending half the time chanting in complaint about the sacking of a guy who needed to be sacked is a bit nonsensical if you ask me.

• Backroom
Do think there needs to be a bit more positivity now. In my opinion fans were barking up the wrong tree blaming the players instead of Berg, Berg was the problem and results since then are indicating that. Berg has gone, the quality of the players is showing through again and with the way they're playing they deserve proper support. Spending half the time chanting in complaint about the sacking of a guy who needed to be sacked is a bit nonsensical if you ask me.

But we don't chant pro-Berg, we chant anti-Singh (and Berg's sacking plays no part in that). Shebby Singh IS a keaner :)

An assesment of out squad:

Goalies:

Kean

Usai

Sendomierski

Robinson can leave

Defenders:

R.Hanley

Adam Henley

Grant Hanley

Scott Dann

Martin Olsson

Ryan Edwards

Josh Morris.

N.Henrique

Bradley Orr can leave

Givet can leave as he wants out

Bruno can leave

Bring in a defender from Premier League on loan.

Midfelders:

Simon Vukcevic

Jason Lowe

Gamst Pedersen

Rosado

Nunes
Formica

H.Fernandez

A.Linganzi

Paulo Jorge

Sell or Release or loan out

Murphy

Etuhu

Dunn

Markus Olsson

Bring in a good midfelder from the premier league (Wilson Palacios??!)

Strikers/Attacking midfelders

Ruben Rochina

Jordan Rhodes

David Goodwillie

Josh King

Colin Kazim-Richards

Leon Best

Jordan Slew

Nuno Gomes

The squad is quite big, isn't it.

No need to sign any striker.

So Dunn, Murphy, Orr, Robinson, Markus Olsson, Bruno and Gael Givet off. Old money grabbers except Markus then.

Bring in a really good central midfelder on loan from Premier League.

A good defender is also a priority but use this year to groom the squad. After all madness around the club.

Yep Second half a guy i know from Darwen wasn't too happy when fans in front were constantly complaining so he gave them a mouth full and when half a dozen started giving him some stick back i gave them a gob full, silly really, getting too old for that kind of thing. Row 17 block No1 B burn end.

Same thing happened in the Darwen End concourse at half time and I hope the bloke that I chastised for slagging off our young keeper feels a right mug now, after his second half performance. And if you are reading this and do recognise yourself, I'm the bloke that also offended you by stating that "Venkys make themselves easy targets"...which you somehow interpreted as support for them???!!!

I dare say every club has their share of gobby know-nowts, but when the crowds are lower, they seem to stand out more.

Back to the game, it was an odd one which we could easily have lost 3-0 had Forest enjoyed similar fortune and got the first goal, but the rising levels of confidence and commitment second half were a joy to watch and made the trip back to Glasgow an enjoyable one.

But we don't chant pro-Berg, we chant anti-Singh (and Berg's sacking plays no part in that). Shebby Singh IS a keaner

I agree but he's a Keaner because he hired Berg, not because he sacked him. So why wasn't everyone kicking off 10 games ago but they're kicking off now? Presumably because they didn't want to undermine Berg by being negative. Well to me the same should apply to the players now then. Things could well have just changed for the better, and yet the reaction of many seems to be that they've changed for the worse. I don't get it at all.

philipi I agree that we have a real box predator in Jordan Rhodes who can score goals out of nothing I just hope we can hang on to him also as parson blue said in his excellent report it was good to see MGP back on the pitch his premiership experience and selfless commitment to the Rovers cause are much needed at present.

Archived