BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Forest - match thread

I was all for handing my half ST back, thrilled by the win on Sat ( doesn't take much these days) I have thought twice and will be at Ewood tomorrow for the unveiling. Have I made the right decision, time will tell. SS, The Shadow and The Shelving Salesman can go rot in the proverbial, but my curiousity and 35 years of love for our club (not theirs!) has got the better of me. God forbid they get it wrong again!

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant help but watch those 90's videos without a near tear in the eye...OH HAPPY DAYS INDEED!

1-1

Remember it like it was yesterday, one off match sponsorship by Coors beer and Crosley throwing the ball into his own net, happy days SG.

With all the talk on the manager thread, and the thoroughly underwhelming noises about our next super attempt at managerial suicide, my "comeback" at "give them three points at Ewood" could be my last (feel like Francis Albert Sinatra). A ceremonial burning of the half ST could be on at half-time!!

• Backroom
cheers Niall - great days.................

Can't see the video but was it the game when their keeper (Beasant was it) threw a Colin hendry header into his own net?

I remember the Blackburn end penalty area being a bit of a mess

Last time we played Forest on New Year's Day we lost 3-1. Terry Alcock who was on loan scored. In the Darwen end it was.

Mind you they got promoted that season and were champions the season after so not a bad result on reflection. That's what good managers do for you.

God that was 36 years ago now. Ask Shebby if he remembers that one!

I wasn't at the 1992 game, I was only about 10 months old! Tomorrow means a lot to me in terms of bragging rights though, as the lad I usually meet at the pub to watch football while at Uni is a massive Forest fan. Going for 2-1 Rovers, real attendance ~10,000 (Forest to bring atleast 1,000)

My best memory of Rovers v Forest was when my lad was mascot, had his picture taken with Alan Shearer, stood alongside Stuart Pierce for the toss up and came up to Pierce's knees. Rovers had Coors as sponsors that day for some reason. I think we won 4-1, how times have changed.

No expectations but we will be there

The 4-1 was great ... the 7-1 even better ... but my favourite Forest memory at Ewood was when Tony Parkes stuck in a last minute equaliser in a League Cup game against the then reigning European Champions. Pandemonium at Ewood.

Can't see the video but was it the game when their keeper (Beasant was it) threw a Colin hendry header into his own net?

I remember the Blackburn end penalty area being a bit of a mess

That's the one Tom

Not forgetting this amazing day also in 1995.

7 nil to rovers!!

Forgot about the wonder goal from le saux!http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdfl6v_blackburn-vs-nottm-forest-nov-95_sport'>http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdfl6v_blackburn-vs-nottm-forest-nov-95_sport

Absolute heaven! What a bloody good team we had then......

Archived