BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sporting Intelligence - Venky's "the worst owners in English football"

DE.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I notice Burnley fans fit the script entirely!

Voted their own club as best run, and no fan of a different team did, and voted Rovers as being the worst run

Can't argue too much about their vote for us but do they realise that you can turn off the M65?

Yes Dingles, there is a big world out there and you won't fall off a cliff by trying to get out more!

Can't expect anything else really from the self styled best and hardest fans in world football.

Talk about clutching at straws.

Pre the Venky's who would all Rovers fans have voted for? It must be galling that over all we are happy with our owners, all of them Burnley fans. We may never have had Jacks spending power or the excellent guidance of Williams but we do have a board who somehow manage to keep us afloat in these shark infested waters. Such a shame that you prefer to focus on us rather than on the fact that your owners were voted the worst by fans of 26 different clubs - and you call us insular!

Well Chelsea and United came 2nd and 3rd.

Abrahovich is perceived as a bit too trigger-happy and the Glazers built up massive amounts of debt.

Sadly, the big-club fascination that exists throughout football meant a lot of people ignored, or were unaware of, Leeds and Bates, Birmingham's and Portsmouth's owners and see Chelsea and United's as worse.

Talk about clutching at straws.

Pre the Venky's who would all Rovers fans have voted for? It must be galling that over all we are happy with our owners, all of them Burnley fans. We may never have had Jacks spending power or the excellent guidance of Williams but we do have a board who somehow manage to keep us afloat in these shark infested waters. Such a shame that you prefer to focus on us rather than on the fact that your owners were voted the worst by fans of 26 different clubs - and you call us insular!

Don't get so touchy Mr L it's banter. A brief distraction from howling at our own club although i'd be careful after recent rumours of foreign takeover interest at Burnley. I seriously wouldn't even wish it on you lot !

Do you not think that they will be chuckling over their cornflakes seeing their aquisition heading a table in which Chelsea and Man U are 2nd and 3rd respectively?

Don't get so touchy Mr L it's banter. A brief distraction from howling at our own club although i'd be careful after recent rumours of foreign takeover interest at Burnley. I seriously wouldn't even wish it on you lot !

I can't say I'd be massively overjoyed having seen the debacle at your place, Portsmouth etc - plus a few situations that seem to be developing to me.

I was probably just fishing for a bite - after all the whole thing is a bit of a joke

I can't say I'd be massively overjoyed having seen the debacle at your place, Portsmouth etc - plus a few situations that seem to be developing to me.

I was probably just fishing for a bite - after all the whole thing is a bit of a joke

Yeah...hilarious.

I wouldn't wish it on anybody. And I detest a fair few clubs/sets of fans.

If you haven't already I'd recommend reading Rovers, Agents and Cricket Loving Owners. In fact all supporters should read it, its a salient tale.

(and no, I'm not M. Blackburn or anyone with an interest in the sales of the book)

• 4 weeks later...

If you haven't already I'd recommend reading Rovers, Agents and Cricket Loving Owners. In fact all supporters should read it, its a salient tale.

(and no, I'm not M. Blackburn or anyone with an interest in the sales of the book)

Mr Blackburn posts on here as rovertakenmb.

Guest Norbert

Just adds to the list of reasons that the FA is not fit for purpose, cannot manage to open a bag of crisps and should be flushed away with the rest of the s__t. Why would they want to look too deep into the involvement of the umbrella organisation that helps with the England games and other commercial stuff? (who do you thik helped sort out England vs. Brazil in Doha a while ago?). Football is so corrupt it makes Nigeria seem legit.

well done to Nick Harris for writing the article but wat is in those documents that the fa have.

anything much or just more rumours n no hard evidence.

maybe BRFC action group should make public wats in those documents???

Its a fair point, that why should the FA answer a document that people are not prepared to publicise.

Archived