BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sporting Intelligence - Venky's "the worst owners in English football"

DE.

Professional players have jobs to do. If Kean told them "right boys, we are going to defend at all costs today, lets keep the score down" it could lead to a nil in the goals for column.

I too find it hard to believe that the instruction was no shots and the bet was no shots. You'd have to have at least half the players involved and even then it's a bet that could easily fall over.

It would have needed all players to have been involved. A hefty punt upfield from Robbo could have caught a gust and ended on target, or any misplaced pass from anywhere else. I can't make up my mind if this or the Scottish gangland ownership is the dafter theory.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Professional players have jobs to do. If Kean told them "right boys, we are going to defend at all costs today, lets keep the score down" it could lead to a nil in the goals for column.

I too find it hard to believe that the instruction was no shots and the bet was no shots. You'd have to have at least half the players involved and even then it's a bet that could easily fall over.

Stuart I think your first paragraph to be feasible.

Much like you can never be certain a horse is going to win but it can be guaranteed that it isn't.

Knowledge being the important factor.

Actually the no shots on target is rubbish because most of our shooting is so woeful that a cross could easily turn into a shot on target! And whoever posted the braintumour analogy is dead right. I went to the doctor with a problem and he told me that the tests and treatment might be uncomfortable and embarrassing. So what's the alternative - death? I asked. I know which one I'll take. I did and 3 or 4 years on, whilst it's a recurring problem and i have to be careful, I'm here and well. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.

But when it comes out and it all crashes down around us, who is going to be happy to sit in the gutter, having been pi55ed on by Venky's, SEM, Steve Kean and then the FA, and happily accept the consequences? There will be the usual band of gloaters who will happily accept the clubs downfall as long as they can say 'i told you so', but what about the rest of us? I'm sorry, i want Venky's gone as much as the next man. But if it comes about by putting the clubs entire existance on the line then i'll take no satisfaction from it.

I see articles like this as a big problem. I really fear that if we, BRAG or Nick Harris keep prodding this Hornets nest we will end up regretting it. Venky's may suffer in the process, but Rovers and the Rovers fans will suffer more. If the undoubted wrong doing is proven and exposed what will the FA do? They will have to act and the only thing in their duristiction is to hit Blackburn Rovers. Very hard. Venky's could be long gone and escape with the finacial loss and head back to India to lick their wounds. But barring a very sympathetic billionaire pitying our plight, we'll be ruined. Gone. As much as i want Venky's to leave, that want is outweighed by my fear of what they'll actually leave when all is said and done.

This is very, very defeatist stuff. Do it and you will watch the Club die. Has to be short-term loss for long-term gain.

We will NEVER prosper under Venkys.

The problem is that it will be long term loss. If we are going to look at analogies, we have diabetes. Change our habits or take a punt on an unknown cure that has a 75%chance of killing you?

The article is a rehash and read carefully is more about Straw getting off because the FA didn't reply.

The recent investigation by channel 4 showed that around 60% of football ownership in the Championship needs to be clarified.

Clear that agencies have been at work at Rovers but in terms of ownership structure who are the real owners and where is the money coming from and going to? We may never find out.

The recent investigation by channel 4 showed that around 60% of football ownership in the Championship needs to be clarified.

Clear they agencies have been at work at Rovers but in terms of ownership structure who are the real owners and where is the money coming from and going to? We may never find out.

That's quite likely. When the authorities tried to discover who owns Leeds they literally couldn't.

However I repeat we will never prosper under Venkys.

It would have needed all players to have been involved. A hefty punt upfield from Robbo could have caught a gust and ended on target, or any misplaced pass from anywhere else. I can't make up my mind if this or the Scottish gangland ownership is the dafter theory.

It wouldn't need all involved Normally around 5 are the core of a fixed game and the obvious one the keeper isn't involved making it harder to prove...read the book The Fix it proves how it's done and continues to be done its been common place at times in Italy

We had no shots either on or off target.

First time a PL team had "achieved" that in a game for 15 years.

Also for a team supposedly fighting to stay up strangely not one booking and at 1-0 down our leading goal scorer subbed uninjured.....no wonder it was suspicious even the pundits in the sky studio picked up on it

I've mentioned this before but I'll never forget Kean's demeanour on TV last March after we put a run together and went 6 points clear of the relegation zone - he looked very worried about something and it was not the normal reaction of a manager whose team was playing well and after a season in the bottom 3 looked capable of avoiding the drop.

I've mentioned this before but I'll never forget Kean's demeanour on TV last March after we put a run together and went 6 points clear of the relegation zone - he looked very worried about something and it was not the normal reaction of a manager whose team was playing well and after a season in the bottom 3 looked capable of avoiding the drop.

when was this???

after which game???

Perhaps he is a just a very humble man who didn't like blowing his own trumpet, I did notice he seemed genuinely pleased at full time shaking hands wth the opposition manager after helping his stable mate out in the two games against notlob last season, in the knowledge he was safe whatever happened . All round nice guy happy to help out his mates

Perhaps he is a just a very humble man who didn't like blowing his own trumpet, I did notice he seemed genuinely pleased at full time shaking hands wth the opposition manager after helping his stable mate out in the two games against notlob last season. All round nice guy happy to help out his mates

Tbh, he was probably just shell-shocked to have actually won a game - let alone at OT.

Would have thought by now that the FA would secretly be wanting government intervention into what can only be seen as an industry running out of control. Especially after hearing Sullivan (West Ham owner) saying that he'd received threats of violence towards him from so called football agents and Harry's outburst about the whole transfer window.

Would have thought by now that the FA would secretly be wanting government intervention into what can only be seen as an industry running out of control. Especially after hearing Sullivan (West Ham owner) saying that he'd received threats of violence towards him from so called football agents and Harry's outburst about the whole transfer window.

Crooks worldwide be it drug dealers or pimps are in it for money & power. The premier league is awash with Sky Tv money. Its a ready source of easy money for those of a deceptive nature.

The problem lies with self regulation. Those with most to loose policing the industry, from where they are paid themselves.

None of them will want this looking at too deeply. If the banks can opperate illegally, damned right any industry can do the same.

Ive spoken to Glen recently. To me he is a genuine person with genuine motives. IMO he and BRAG are scratching the surface of a serious problem.

I have said that BRAG should release all info. It would put to bed the speculation.

I hope all this comes to a head soon. I would like answers to the speculation. Then the information can be acted on and hopefully we can get some semblance of normality back at Rovers.

But of course, the players who wouldnt have gone along with it had all left, Salgado, Nelsen, Samba, Emerton etc, good honest pro's - we were left with quite a number of foreign players and we dont know too much about them!!

Archived