BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Josh king

Glad the lad has signed, however I would never have offered him that long of a deal. Personally, I would have extended his loan deal at the end of the season and assess the situation then.

If, and I know this is a big one, we do go up to the Premier League, I don't think the lad is PL quality. He would struggle to get into any of the PL sides and therefore we should not have committed ourselves to 2 years if we plan on going up.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad the lad has signed, however I would never have offered him that long of a deal. Personally, I would have extended his loan deal at the end of the season and assess the situation then.

If, and I know this is a big one, we do go up to the Premier League, I don't think the lad is PL quality. He would struggle to get into any of the PL sides and therefore we should not have committed ourselves to 2 years if we plan on going up.

We're not in a position to sign ready made PL quality players, so that's a very unrealistic way of looking at it. If he was good enough for the PL and within financial reach of a Championship club then PL clubs would be all over the deal.

He's got the potential to be a PL player if he works on his consistency and final ball.

We're not in a position to sign ready made PL quality players, so that's a very unrealistic way of looking at it. If he was good enough for the PL and within financial reach of a Championship club then PL clubs would be all over the deal.

He's got the potential to be a PL player if he works on his consistency and final ball.

I'm not saying we need to sign PL players, however if the target is to get promoted, then we should not be offering contracts to players that in my opinion, will not cut it in the PL.

• Backroom

Very pleased with that, with a bit of development he will be a real talent

The second goal yesterday highlights how dangerous he can be, no other player in our squad has a burst of pace anything like that, from nothing he went from a defensive situation past two players in a flash and created an attack

If he uses that right then he's unplayable for most defenders especially in this league

Worrying if true. Shows who's making the signings.

Not 100% correct on this one - when we signed him on loan it was reported it was already set up to become permanent when window re-opened

As for the "We should have extended his loan" - no chance - he is out of contract in summer and United aint daft, its clear this deal was set up when he first came in, probably with a sell on fee inserted, no way would we have negotiated this deal so quickly with our current management set up and the current manager topic being the hot potatoe.

Good signing good youth prospect and plus if it takes them 5weeks again to hire another manager the window will be shut. waiting for a managers opinion is pointless and plus it's going to take the new manager time to assess the situation before he makes any approach to other clubs for players to fill the gaps in, at least he's signed up eager to go and none of this fussing about that seems to happen over every decision made by the club these days

He adds pace to the side, something that we desperately needed. Any manger will appreciate that and even if the new man doesn't want to use him regularly, he has all of the necessary attributes to be a useful impact player. On a cheap deal it is a sensible move.

Wow, some good news for a change :xmas:

Agree, nice feeling to have a win and a good signing confirmed the day after, forgot what that felt like , anyway back to type Agnew out! Venky's out! ;0

Now if only King's agent could persuade one of his manager clients to come in , that would be a good day

Archived