BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves vs Rovers

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When a defender plants his leg like that he is inviting he the attacker to make contact with it. The fault was wit.h the defensive player not the attacker. I'd have been furious if it hadn't been given. The commentary was disgracefully one sided - I thought we'd be rid of that sort of bias having been relegated, but alas....

Rovers error was not getting, or striving for a sevond goal.

Dean Saunders agreed with you.

About the defender - not the WWTV commentary team.

Anybody want tonights lottery numbers?

Are you a lottery millionaire now?

Let's be honest, it if that penalty had been given against us we'd have been spitting feathers. Rochina conned the referee and we all know it.

Their defender was stationary when Rochina tripped over his leg. It reminded me of Sheringham tripping over Nils Eric Johannson's leg in the 2002 League Cup final. On that day the ref waved play-on. But Rochina's looked more a pen to me than Teddy's. We'll take every pen we can get because we've had many worse pen decisions given against us in the past e.g. Samba vs Everton(H) and Nzonzi vs Norwich (A).

Let's be honest, it if that penalty had been given against us we'd have been spitting feathers. Rochina conned the referee and we all know it.

Clean those specs jimbo, Rochina was clipped then went down like he'd been shot, but the facts are he was clipped in the box, PENALTY!

I've never heard Sam say that - please provide evidence - and I've never heard anyone in the professional game say the same.

The defender only made contact because Rochina left a trailing leg in there for him to trip.

It was a clever con but a con all the same. Why not be honest about it ?

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/yes-diouf-dives-admits-allardyce-7248201.html

'Everybody does it' 'I am defending my player'

Virtually every manager on the planet will not criticise their player and more often than not condone it as its part of the game. Contact is contact, so it was a penalty.

• Backroom

I don't even see it as arguable

The defender stuck a leg out, didn't touch the ball - touched Rochina and he made the most of it. Definite penalty.

He tricked the defender into committing a foul but he didn't conn the officials who made the right decision

HAve to disagree, Rochina was probably fortunate the defender did not get both legs. That said he did embellish it a little but I've seen softer given against us. Penalty by the letter of the law.

As for the Wolves goal, my finger points at Ollsen not Dann, MO stopped tracking his man then tried to make up ground, if he had gone with him he could have at least put in a challenge, I think Dann expected Ollsen to be there.

There is some truth in this. Johnson came in from the left where Olsson was meant to be.

There is some truth in this. Johnson came in from the left where Olsson was meant to be.

Olsson left him but they had a man over and olsson should not be on johnson. Also ball travelled a very long way and header was scored on edge of six yard box. Says to me that keeper probably should have claimed it.

Linesmen don't give penalties. They can, however, call the center's attention to the conduct who might then make the call.

Thats what I meant Steve it was a penalty as soft as it was. Though the worst one over here was Rodrigues of Southamptons pen, now that was a con the ref moment and never a penalty.

When a defender plants his leg like that he is inviting he the attacker to make contact with it. The fault was wit.h the defensive player not the attacker. I'd have been furious if it hadn't been given. The commentary was disgracefully one sided - I thought we'd be rid of that sort of bias having been relegated, but alas....

Rovers error was not getting, or striving for a sevond goal.

Completely agree. Wasn't the pundit Don Goodman? Ex-Wolves player and does a lot of punditry for Sky. Don't know why though cause he's rubbish and if he can't maintain neutrality in games involving his former teams, he shouldn't be used for them.

Talked one-sided garbage on a lot of other incidents during the game as well.

That's only true from open play, on set pieces it is totally different. There is no way Olsson should be picking up Johnson. Very unfair to blame Olsson for the goal.

That's only true from open play, on set pieces it is totally different. There is no way Olsson should be picking up Johnson. Very unfair to blame Olsson for the goal.

I've got to agree with that , you don't normally match up a centre half with a left back. Pre- match you weigh up the set piece threats and match your best header with their best header etc. Johnson is an outstanding threat, one of our better headers of the ball should have been with him not Olsson.

I don't even see it as arguable

The defender stuck a leg out, didn't touch the ball - touched Rochina and he made the most of it. Definite penalty.

He tricked the defender into committing a foul but he didn't conn the officials who made the right decision

Penalty every time, the defenders know it as well, the ones to stamp out are the efforts of Jay Rodrigues and his ilk (see Southampton Villa game last Sat) who are on their way down before they even reach the defender's outstretched leg. Somehow a system needs to be devised that can penalise that type of simulation - who'd want to be a defender??

Archived