BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves vs Rovers

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He doesn't seem to have done too badly at Doncaster but wasnt he regarded as the overlord of all evil on here when things were going tits up under Souness and he was the assistant?

(Before Paul Ince and subsequently Steve Kean fulfilled that particular role far more effectively of course.)

Very weird choice. Perhaps Morgan and Moxey are looking to save on the electric bill!

I feel a bit more confident about Friday night now.

Its expensive for Wolves, first getting Saunders who doesn't have much experience, just in the lower leagues and then. They had to compensate Doncaster, his record for doncaster isn't that impressive.

Weird choice, what would Rovers fans thought of us gettingh him?

Just a one year rolling contract....

• Backroom

I would have been bitterly disappointed if we'd hired Dean Saunders.

The Wolves forums make for interesting reading. General concensus seems to be that the players are mostly to blame. Solbakken seems generally well liked and there's a lot of sympathy there for him. Quite a sharp contrast to the reaction here when Berg was sacked.

Wolves don't have a particularly good squad, regardless of a new manager I think Rovers should be taking the game to them. hopefully the new found confidence within the team will help, it is just what this group of players needed...they have never had a run of convincing wins.

2-1 to Rovers for this one, a hard fought win.

but wasnt he regarded as the overlord of all evil on here when things were going tits up under Souness and he was the assistant?

He most certainly was Rev. I think we were struggling to pin point someone to blame for something or other, it might have been the football, but I'm pretty sure Saunders (The Overlord of all Evil ) had a hand in a couple of wars and a famine. A right wrong 'un.

Listening to Saunders, he does not, IMO, come across as the sharpest knife in the drawer. I remember him as coach under Souness where my personal recollection of him each match, when things were tight, was Saunders constantly pointing to the opposition's corner flag with 5 minutes of normal time to play - seemed his only contribution !

Maybe I am being harsh, however, irrespective of what his managerial talents are really like, I would think for his first match in charge, Wolves will find an extra 20% from somewhere and our task is going to be that much more difficult now.

• Backroom

People go on about the new manager lift....hardly worked for us with Berg or Forrest w/ McLeish did it? And given that Saunders is a nutter, I reckon they may get a BIT of a lift, but not enough to suddenly become a great team. I'll go for a draw.

I think the wolves board could give venkys a run for thier money when it comes to disappointing appointments.

Solebakken (sp) was a bad move, sacking McCarthey and leaving his O'Connor in charge to relegate them was a bad move, and Dean Saunders doesnt strike me as the sort to change that run of poor appointments.

I think the wolves board could give venkys a run for thier money when it comes to disappointing appointments.

Solebakken (sp) was a bad move, sacking McCarthey and leaving his O'Connor in charge to relegate them was a bad move, and Dean Saunders doesnt strike me as the sort to change that run of poor appointments.

It's spookily similar to our situation as well...

• Sack a well respected and previously successful manager
  • Promote coach who subsequently relegates the club.
  • Replace him with a manager from the Scandanavian leagues
  • Sack new manager after short period of poor results

Current situations are different as Wolves have acted swiftly whereas we're dithering again. However, I'd rather dither with Bowyer than appoint Dean Saunders so maybe we can get one up on Wolves...

Unless he interviews exceptionally well, I can't see what Dean Saunders brings to Wolves. At all.

I'd certainly rather stick with what's currently working for the time being than rushing into an appointment like this.

Archived