BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves vs Rovers

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's spookily similar to our situation as well...
  • Sack a well respected and previously successful manager
  • Promote coach who subsequently relegates the club.
  • Replace him with a manager from the Scandanavian leagues
  • Sack new manager after short period of poor results

Current situations are different as Wolves have acted swiftly whereas we're dithering again. However, I'd rather dither with Bowyer than appoint Dean Saunders so maybe we can get one up on Wolves...

Agreed, for me this suggestion of a manager on a six month contract is a bad idea.

Would much rather keep Bowyer until May and make a proper decision then, maybe the board should sanction Bowyer with bringing in someone to help him out on the coaching staff short term because he must be finding the lack of staff a huge strain right now.

I not sure we'll get into the play offs with him in charge but, for now, I dont think we will drop into the relegation places either.

We've all said it before a million times (seems like it anyway) but the next appointment just has to be the right one.

As for the Wolves match, despite the change of "manager" at Wolves I think we will run out winners on Friday.

Hopefully confidence will be starting to build in the team now following some wins and that should mean we can start to play with a little less fear.

Henley is out for around a month or so, and Orr is unlikely to return (according to the LET) Lowe will most likely cover for Henley at right back but with Etuhu being injured (and gash) chances are it will be Murphy and Peds in CM against Wolves.

With Bowyer knowing the younger lads well, do we have any CM's or RB's we could bring through? I noticed Tim Payne was being deployed as a CM for New Zealand or Robbie Cotton (The next Stevie G)

Ryan Edwards is supposedly being involved with the firsts after his loan spell with Rochdale ended and we have rejected the offer of extending that loan.

Any of these (or any others) good enough for first team duty?

Highly probably that Martin Olsson won't feature either. I suspect the West Ham deal will be closer by then (if it hasn't already), so he'll not play for risk of injury (or just not being in the right frame of mind).

Kean

Lowe Hanley Dann Ms. Olsson

CKR Murphy Pedersen King

Rochina Rhodes

Does look very lightweight in midfield....whatever happened to Paulo Jorge, wasn't he meant to be a tough tackling midfielder? Could Linganzi do a job?

Does look very lightweight in midfield....whatever happened to Paulo Jorge, wasn't he meant to be a tough tackling midfielder? Could Linganzi do a job?

I also wonder how Jorge has been doing in the reserves. Saw him pre-season against Fleetwood - looked a tidy player with potential - but nothing special at that moment in time. Be interested to hear if he has progressed at all.

Why didn't Wolves go for O'Driscoll? Better record and a lifelong Wolves fan to boot. Mystifying.

I think the first goal is key. Their fans will get restless if we score early, and will hopefully mean a confident display. Rochina's goal v Forest was testament to this; once we scored, the whole team looked more comfortable and confident on the ball.

Think 3-1 wolves Rhodes consolation with first touch of ball in 73rd min.

Our midfield is a constant source of worry. Also they'll have the buzz of a new manager. And think bowyer will start to find it difficult now the players have gone from viewing him as just the caretaker manager to the guy thats here for the long hall.

Tony Parkes also had this problem, phenomenal caretaker after at least 4 managers but as soon as he got a crack at it long term after kidd and before souness he flopped.

Hope I'm wrong...

Highly probably that Martin Olsson won't feature either. I suspect the West Ham deal will be closer by then (if it hasn't already), so he'll not play for risk of injury (or just not being in the right frame of mind).

Kean

Lowe Hanley Dann Ms. Olsson

CKR Murphy Pedersen King

Rochina Rhodes

Probably my team. Lots of good attacking players. All over the place defensively. Hmmm. I guess the other option is to fit Henrique in there somewhere... Maybe he can do a job at right back?

Isnt he an ex Liverpool player playing for a chairmen who used to be an Anfield regular.

Morgan wanted to buy Liverpool but was outbid by the Americans. He didn't have to much for a long time. McCarthy a Sir Jack Hayward signing, got them into the prem and worked miracles to keep them there. It was largely a side of Championship players play the style to fit their ability. Hoofball. Realistically, Mick McCarthy should have gone the last day of the season, when you beat them. Morgan rarely goes to the games, went to the Liverpool game at the custard bowl with friends and family, he was humiliated when they lost. He went into the dressing room afterwards, and, blew his top, thus undermining McCarthy. Then the BCD happened where we annihilated them 5-1 at the bowl. They hit the panic button sacking McCarthy and it's been farce and freefall ever since.

They wanted to change style to freeflowing under Solbakken but didn't have the quality of player or the patience to back him. But it'll be okay now because saunders played for his beloved Liverpool :lol::lol::lol:

Morgan wanted to buy Liverpool but was outbid by the Americans. He didn't have to much for a long time. McCarthy a Sir Jack Hayward signing, got them into the prem and worked miracles to keep them there. It was largely a side of Championship players play the style to fit their ability. Hoofball. Realistically, Mick McCarthy should have gone the last day of the season, when you beat them. Morgan rarely goes to the games, went to the Liverpool game at the custard bowl with friends and family, he was humiliated when they lost. He went into the dressing room afterwards, and, blew his top, thus undermining McCarthy. Then the BCD happened where we annihilated them 5-1 at the bowl. They hit the panic button sacking McCarthy and it's been farce and freefall ever since.

They wanted to change style to freeflowing under Solbakken but didn't have the quality of player or the patience to back him. But it'll be okay now because saunders played for his beloved Liverpool :lol::lol::lol:

BCD?

Probably my team. Lots of good attacking players. All over the place defensively. Hmmm. I guess the other option is to fit Henrique in there somewhere... Maybe he can do a job at right back?

Vukcevic in for Pedersen, imo. We'll need his work-rate in midfield if Lowe's out. Think Pedersen makes for a better impact player at this level, if anything.

I have read across this board that people would be if not ecstatic fairly happy with Bowyer / Phillips instead of other rumoued applicants.

We have been protrayed as demons lately when we have been turning on our manager.

What about twisting this and actually praising giving all - out support for Bowyer and Co which sway them to continue with them in charge.

• Backroom

I'd genuinely prefer Bowyer to EVERY candidate that hasn't at least won promotion from this league, simply because he seems to be getting the players to stick to a system instead of a free-for-all. And funnily enough, it's getting us results!

If Bowyer can get a result it may add weight to the growing opinion that he should stay in charge, rather than appoint a 'big name'.

The longer he continues to get results, the more fans, and all the muppets running our club, will warm to this idea.

Come on Gary, get a win at Wolves and give us someone to get behind.

I have a bad feeling about the wolves game tomorrow. All this off field drama, appleton appointment, BRAG protests may lead to players being distracted, also players wondering whether its bowyers last game in charge and who the next manager will be, will for sure affect performance on field.

I actually feel that it would if anything spur the players on to "do it for Gary" at least thats what I'll be hoping for.

I have a bad feeling about the wolves game tomorrow. All this off field drama, appleton appointment, BRAG protests may lead to players being distracted, also players wondering whether its bowyers last game in charge and who the next manager will be, will for sure affect performance on field.

Definitely ! certainly want to revise my previous upbeat opinion on this game. What with the loss of Henley and now quite possibly Olsson the signs arent looking good.

Archived