BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 2 - With Poll

Next Rovers Manager  

547 members have voted

1. 1. Which, if any of the following would be acceptable as the new manager to you?

• Sven Goran Erikkson
    • Mark Bowen
    • Peter Taylor
    • Billy Davies
    • Gary Bowyer
    • Judan Ali/Kevin MacDonald Combi
    • Shebby Singh
    • Phil Brown
    • None of the above

I fully expect our better experienced players to be on their way in January with no replacements. At least it will make some space for the young Portuguese talent to shine warm the bench.

Goodbye Robbo, Givet, Martin Olsson, Pedersen, Dunn, possibly Dann, possibly even Rhodes.

Singh's two disastrous radio shows and the closing of the January window (inbound) almost as soon as it opened, it looks as though Singh has spat his dummy out and is lashing out at the fans.

Not much point either in a 6-month-contract-manager after January, either. He'll only need 4 until the end of the season and who's going to come under those terms? Answer no-one.

I can't believe after Tuesday that we are back here again. Someone is obviously benefiting from the negativity being generated. And it ain't the fans.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Two successive wins doesn't mean he deserves the job. No doubt you'll change your mind again after we lose at Wolves.

Yes Jim, I'm known for changing my mind regularly so you can be sure that will happen.

I'm absolutley fine with these two taking over. Two very good footballing men. YES out owners, directors are all pillocks. And Shebby Singh is the biggest embarrasment of all time. The players seem to like Bowyer..... I say good look to them!!!!!

Yes except Bowyer is a genuine person with the clubs best interests at heart. Bit of a difference really!

Bowyer is good. Players love him. Sensible decision to give him a go until the end of January. If we had kept Black in charge a while longer instead of panicking and appointing Berg then we'd be in a far better position than we are in now.

The owners don't know which way to turn or who to listen to at them moment. It seems they just don't trust Singh anymore after he messed up by appointing Berg.

• Backroom
I fully expect our better experienced players to be on their way in January with no replacements. At least it will make some space for the young Portuguese talent to shine warm the bench.

Goodbye Robbo, Givet, Martin Olsson, Pedersen, Dunn, possibly Dann, possibly even Rhodes.

TBF of those lot we'd only miss Olsson and Rhodes.

Venky's flogged our great pros some time ago.

• Backroom
Yes except Bowyer is a genuine person with the clubs best interests at heart. Bit of a difference really!

I mean in the way its happened

Kean was caretaker manager and then until a certain time then permanent

For me either give him the job and let him start building a staff or don't set timescales like this and just get on with it

Bowyer is good. Players love him. Sensible decision to give him a go until the end of January. If we had kept Black in charge a while longer instead of panicking and appointing Berg then we'd be in a far better position than we are in now.

The owners don't know which way to turn or who to listen to at them moment. It seems they just don't trust Singh anymore after he messed up by appointing Berg.

I agree, think need to resolve the backroom at Ewood otherwise get bust, Shebby, Agnew and Shaw must get rid.

Why not get Sven Goran Eriksson in as a Director of Football, doing the football business?

I agree, think need to resolve the backroom at Ewood otherwise get bust, Shebby, Agnew and Shaw must get rid.

Why not get Sven Goran Eriksson in as a Director of Football, doing the football business?

I have a feeling we'll be seeing Boardroom changes before we get a new manager. I expect some departures before the end of January in that area.

• Backroom
I have a feeling we'll be seeing Boardroom changes before we get a new manager. I expect some departures before the end of January in that area.

I'd say sack the lot of them, but knowing Venky's they'll give those jobs to Bowyer and McPhillips as well.

Having won the 2012 award for 'Worst Owners in British Football', Venkys are already making a case for the 2013 award.

Do they really think this is how best to run a football club?

Its getting almost comical. Just when you think we've hit rock bottom, it gets worse.

Fit and proper test could be passed by a 2 year-old.

Until after the transfer window closes? Really?

I'm clinging on to some faint hope that's it's just so media/fans back-off with questions and that we'll still appoint somebody well before that.

They really are taking the P***

Having won the 2012 award for 'Worst Owners in British Football', Venkys are already making a case for the 2013 award. Do they really think this is how best to run a football club? Its getting almost comical. Just when you think we've hit rock bottom, it gets worse. Fit and proper test could be passed by a 2 year-old.

:D

We might sell/loan a few players but Shebby has already said that we're not bringing in anybody new in this window, regardless of who's manager.

Singh's two disastrous radio shows and the closing of the January window (inbound) almost as soon as it opened, it looks as though Singh has spat his dummy out and is lashing out at the fans.

Not much point either in a 6-month-contract-manager after January, either. He'll only need 4 until the end of the season and who's going to come under those terms? Answer no-one.

I can't believe after Tuesday that we are back here again. Someone is obviously benefiting from the negativity being generated. And it ain't the fans.

There is no need to worry about losing Rhodes despite the shambles behind the scenes. He has already played for 2 clubs this season so nobody is gonna pay millions for him to sit on the sidelines for the rest of the season. That is the one ray of light at the moment - at least we have our goalscorer for the rest of the season and, for once, we can go through a transfer window without worrying about losing our main man.

Can't believe nor understand going through a whole transfer window without a manager in charge though. So they now expect a manager to come in for 4 months without having a chance to stamp his mark on the squad? Might as well just put Mr Motivator in charge...

Archived