BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 2 - With Poll

Next Rovers Manager  

547 members have voted

1. 1. Which, if any of the following would be acceptable as the new manager to you?

• Sven Goran Erikkson
    • Mark Bowen
    • Peter Taylor
    • Billy Davies
    • Gary Bowyer
    • Judan Ali/Kevin MacDonald Combi
    • Shebby Singh
    • Phil Brown
    • None of the above

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/bowyer-and-mcphillips-to-continue-576164.aspx

Bowyer and McPhillips to continue until end of January !

Classic Shebby/Venky's move. I wonder why this is? Not enough interest in the job? Want to ensure the transfer window is closed so the new manager doesn't spend anything?

This club becomes more of a farce every single day.

its fair dues giving Bowyer & McPhilips the job - i cant see any issues with that

but if you are going to give it to them then it should be till the end of the season ....

this end of jan lark, is just a joke, and as somebody else said, it could be shebby-boys way of getting his own back on all..

we obviously aint gonna spend any money, so we will be alighter squad with more going out...

what happens to the reserves & youths in the meantime is my bigger concern...

perhaps the milkman will come in an do a shift on his way out..?....

the quicker Venkys, Shabby, Shaw and Agnew all do one the better for us all.......

We might sell/loan a few players but Shebby has already said that we're not bringing in anybody new in this window, regardless of who's manager.

Singh says a lot of things MG, like we'd appoint an experienced manager on New Year's Day, then 24 hours later that we want a manager on a 6 month contract, then he said "you know Gary" quite a bit. So the point I'm making is that it's kind of hard to believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

Good luck to Gary and Terry though, two wins out of two, I think Kean managed that maybe twice in 20 months? Looking at the shitlist above we may have dodged a bullet or two. It's no way to run a football club though is it?

To be honest I am relieved. Such is my lack of confidence in the ability of the current warring clowns to make a good appointment.

At least we are going to give an unexpectedly winning formula a chance to see if they can continue in the same mode.

It makes Shebby interview last night even more ludicrous. The highlights are already proven untruths.

Shebby must deservedly be on the point of being removed.

For what it's worth I don't believe that no money will be made available for transfers this window either. I think that is at best a white lie but I shudder to think who will do the buying, what the agent fees will be and how stupid the wages will be.

So what happens if Rovers lose the next game or two? It's entirely possible, I am far from convinced that Rovers have turned the corner under Bowyer. When players come and out and says they really like him and he is one of the lads it has danger signs written all over it. This is especially the case when there is clear evidence that the players have been managed far too softly over the past few years.

Will Shebby and co change their mind again? I've never seen such flip flopping and indecision at a football club.

We might sell/loan a few players but Shebby has already said that we're not bringing in anybody new in this window, regardless of who's manager.

You posted a few days ago that whoever took the Rovers job would have to job share with Shebby.

Is this just a personal view?

What does Balaji think of this?

How do the Rao family feel Shebby is doing?

Can you give us any feedback from Shaw's meeting with the family in Pune?

this is an absolute joke the amount of times the statement from this clown change....the best thing venky's could do is give him the boot and actually get someone in who knows what he is talking about......or......sell the club so we can start getting sponsorships that benefit the club, decisions that benefit the club and players and coaches that benefit the club

This poll is a bit like trying to vote on " Mmmm, would I prefer death by ......."

a) Hanging

B) Cyanide

c) Stoning

d) Guillotine

e) None of the above.

Personally, I'd go for E and hope I got lucky.

Bit like this poll really.

Now that's FUNNY!

Unfortunately, I think the death bell is tolling for our club.

IMO, what we are seeing is Venky's bankers tightening the credit facility and saying enough is enough.

Our owners are now hoping beyond hope that Bowyer can wave a magic wand and get us up.

If and when it becomes clear that promotion is beyond us, I will really fear for our future.

Jesus, I literally LOL'd when I read that club statement. Just what in feck's name is going on?

The whole debacle becomes more and more hilarious by the day. Immediate appointment, delayed appointment, no appointment. Won't submit bowyer/McPhillips to the treatment other managers have had, gives them until the end of Jan. Denies any more transfer market business. Kentaro/SEM clients being linked again. More rumours about who is recommending managers.

What an absolute farce.

Still, while GB/TM are doing a decent job, let's see how it pans out.

Personally I think one of the aforementioned names was likely to be signed up until the likes of this messageboard went into meltdown and everything was put on hold. Probably Taylor, Shebby and his drones saw the reaction on here, then vehemently denied any contact. We all heard him on the radio saying how fans didn't know who we wanted as manger, sounds to me like he's backtracking after very nearly putting pen to paper with someone.

If that's the case, why did the bookies think he was a nailed on cert out of the blue, when there were no media reports suggesting he was in the running? I hope someone lost a LOT of money on that..

IMO, what we are seeing is Venky's bankers tightening the credit facility and saying enough is enough.

Our owners are now hoping beyond hope that Bowyer can wave a magic wand and get us up.

If and when it becomes clear that promotion is beyond us, I now really fear for our future.

You could be right there matey. It looks like they're clutching at straws now.

If and when it becomes clear that promotion is beyond us, I now really fear for our future.

My Great Nan always said "If there's a bullet with your name on it, it will find you."

Sadly for us there is a whole arsenal of ammunition with our name on and Venky's and Shebby keep reloading!

I won't bowyer to get the job for one reason only

The players have shown a lot more respect for him than I ever saw them show under kean, black or berg. They looked more of a unit and showing team spirit.

Sensible decision to take their time while we are doing well and not rush the appointment.

Not sensible to put a specific time period on it.

What happens if the right manager becomes available next week? Wait? Like the manager to be unveiled on New Year´s Day pronouncement, they would have done much better to remain silent.

However, how would they get them in the papers?

It sometimes feels we are being run just for publicity value rather than anything else.

let's hope the old up in appointing a new manager is that the venkys are trying to sell us and don't want to spend any more money (I bloody wish). The club is one big circus, we will be getting less then 10000 at Ewood soon i reckon. LIE AFTER LIE, SCREW YOU VENKYS!!

Archived