BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 'Some you running his mout' Assaulted by Colin Kazim-Richards?

ALLEGEDLY Kazim has assaulted a 16 year old Rovers fan at today's game, I was there but never saw anything so I'm trying to reserve judgement but if this is true it's absolutely pathetic, some footballers think their pay packet makes them untouchable...
This is what Kazim had to say for himself on Twitter.

Listen I would do the same again you can have your footballing opinion no problem you have that right 100% but to abuse me#nochance

@colin_kazim08

If your 16 don't act like your 20 odd know your limits..

@ashleeflyboi: @colin_kazim08 wot happen bro” some yout running his mout had to fix man up #dizzeerascalfixuplooksharp

@colin_kazim08

1st of all I didn't know how old he was cause the way he spoke was like he was a big grown man.. 2ndly he didn't stop running his mouth.

Bothered..

If anyone saw this would you mind shedding some light on what this teenager has allegedly said to him? From where I'm standing it doesn't look good and seems pretty unjustifiable from a professional footballer AND his attitude stinks.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

without knowing the ins and outs of it we shouldn't presume CKR is the one in the wrong

Think we should hold back on judgement until we know more.

Do you know what was said to him?

I'm not the most vocally unpleasant person at matches but some of the reactions from our "fans" at matches does make me think a lot of the abuse and boos are unwarranted.

I know and no idea what was said, especially considering we won- I was hoping to find out here.

But when he's bragging on twitter saying things like "some yout running his mout had to fix man up #dizzeerascalfixuplooksharp" bearing in mind he's talking about a 16 year old fan is @#/? irritating.

But yeah, I don't want to jump to conclusions so hopefully someone can shed some light on what actually happened.

From what i gathered on twitter some scruffy little local mongo called richards a "bellend"(hardly the most offensive insult), ive no problem with richards or anybody else in any walk of life putting some little gobshyte in there place(in fact id say well-done to him) BUT then to just go brag about it on effin twitter hes lowered himself to the kids level!!!doh!!!

• Backroom

Most 16 year olds are keaners so the kid probably had it coming to him. Impossible to judge either way, though, without knowing the full story.

Kinda surprising he's talking about it on twitter though.

Sounds to me the 16 year old had it coming and is being a drama queen about it. If you run your mouth you should also be prepared to face the consequences. CKR is a passionate footballer, and after 90 odds minutes there's still a lot of adrenaline cooking - still, he didn't do much by the sounds of it.

Sounds to me the 16 year old had it coming and is being a drama queen about it. If you run your mouth you should also be prepared to face the consequences. CKR is a passionate footballer, and after 90 odds minutes there's still a lot of adrenaline cooking - still, he didn't do much by the sounds of it.

Oh he had a right ding dong personal battle with the Bristol defenders all afternoon!

Kaz should try working in a youth club, been called far worse than a bell end if that's what it was. Sometimes you want to throttle the 16 year olds as they should know better but you just kick them out as your at work.

If it was in the street though and some randomer came up and hurled abuse at me. Then its only human to knock the guy out.

I have seen a lot of fans abuse him on twitter, especially when he nicked the ball off JR and missed that pen.

it's cringeworthy watching 'fans' abuse players be it online or at games, especially when said player and team are performing so well.

the little big man might think before abusing a player next time.

Very easy to say walk away from abuse and not react to it. Until we're in that situation ourselves. Although not right for a player - or anybody else to assault another person, regardless of age - if this is what has happened. But it is just as wrong to go up to another person and start giving them abuse for no reason. We all react to provocation different as we all have different tolerance levels.

Where did said incident occur? All I saw at the end was CKR throwing his shirt into the riverside, he seemed happy at that point?

Also heard him before the game on radio rovers and he came across well and specifically made a point that this club will always belong to the fans and we have every right to voice opinions if things aren't going well.

I can't see why some little clown would be abusing him after he'd had a decent game either? If he'd had a shocker then its slightly understandable.

There was also some real simpletons knocking about yesterday. On my way in an elderly chap was having his bag searched and a group of 3 horrendous looking scruffy lads were shouting "search him man he's git loads of drugs he's a right bubble head innit". I cringed, a lot.

Then another lot sat behind me constantly saying tripe like "Rhodes is f*ckng sh*t man he's the worst striker in the league" all game, they had to be told to shut their traps eventually after biting my tongue long enough.

It's absolutely pathetic if Richards' behaviour is correct and he should be fined the maximum penalty and drummed out of the club.

As a highly paid professional, you should, and have to, be able to take a bit of stick, however unpleasant. It simply comes with the territory.

Historically, I've seen wind-up merchants from the terraces/stands disarmed and left speechless by either a cheeky smile or wink from the player concerned.

Once a crowd know that the stick gets to you, it will come on even harder.

Absolutely no excuses for such behaviour in the game. If Richards did this, he could be facing a charge of assault despite any provacation.

Very difficult to comment as all the facts are not known.

I was serving an apprenticeship at 16 and I was taught 'not to be lippy' and RESPECT my elders, in many ways!

If the lad has called him, he has to understand that he is the one who started it.

Look at the 'bellends' who went on the rampage in our citys last summer......what age were they.

Some of us should look back to when we were that age and ask ourselves would we expect to get away with it!!!

This is a society problem due to lack of discipline in their formative years.

Respect works both ways.

Very easy to say walk away from abuse and not react to it.
Having to cock a deaf ear to abuse is surely "Professional Football 101".

It doesn't mean it's right but they have to let the footballing authorities or PFA deal with it.

Goodness knows what happened but CKR tweeted the following last night:

'You have to remember we are human before footballers have some respect.. You can't go around calling people b*** **** and think its kool'

The guy that gave him stick is a fella called marcusriley7 on Twitter. He and CKR had some exchanges on Twitter last night.

He reckons CKR gripped him around the neck and threatened to 'smash his face in'.

Based on that, I don't think we can say anyone was assaulted. Looks like CKR was standing up for himself and went as far as he could legally.

Whether that's wrong or right, is down to personal opinion.

Goodness knows what happened but CKR tweeted the following last night:

'You have to remember we are human before footballers have some respect.. You can't go around calling people b*** **** and think its kool'

The guy that gave him stick is a fella called marcusriley7 on Twitter. He and CKR had some exchanges on Twitter last night.

He reckons CKR gripped him around the neck and threatened to 'smash his face in'.

Based on that, I don't think we can say anyone was assaulted. Looks like CKR was standing up for himself and went as far as he could legally.

Whether that's wrong or right, is down to personal opinion.

IF, correct, there are a number of legal charges Richards could face.

Could be in serious trouble if the lad presses charges.

Who gives a toss, if you abuse someone be ready to face the consequences, little scrote.

Why the hell would you call your own players by the way? he puts in the effort, we won?

I don't get it?

Archived