BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 'Some you running his mout' Assaulted by Colin Kazim-Richards?

First of all i apologised to him over twitter about me calling him a bellend. I called him that as some young kids where waiting outside for pictures an stuff an he refused to give it them. In the heat of the moment i called him a bellend as i thought it was disrespectful at what he did. I realise that he gives his all for blackburn rovers and I'm not proud of what i said but his reaction was out of order and he shouldn't have done what he did either. I will not be pressing charges as some people have mentioned as it will disrupt the club and the players. I now hope that people will realise that i know i was out of order and will stop with the abuse I've been getting.

OK, we'll jump on the racially motivated comments about the population of Blackburn then ;)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First of all i apologised to him over twitter about me calling him a bellend. I called him that as some young kids where waiting outside for pictures an stuff an he refused to give it them. In the heat of the moment i called him a bellend as i thought it was disrespectful at what he did. I realise that he gives his all for blackburn rovers and I'm not proud of what i said but his reaction was out of order and he shouldn't have done what he did either. I will not be pressing charges as some people have mentioned as it will disrupt the club and the players. I now hope that people will realise that i know i was out of order and will stop with the abuse I've been getting.

It's probably best to let sleeping dogs lie, so to speak, but if this is what happened I think it's bang out of order that a player of our club who's on more money in a week than we're likely to earn in a year can react in that manner and go as far as to brag about it like he's just KO'd Tyson...

A lot of things can get misconstrued, from the all of a sudden racial element which came from nowhere, and the stereotypical "16 year old's deserve a clout".

None of us was there, including myself, but what annoyed me more than anything as to why I started this topic was the way CKR seemed to brag over twitter about the way he handled the situation. The lad's 16 for Christ sake. I've worked in bars before and been called a lot worst things for ALOT less money and still acted professionally. Why hasn't he done the same? If it was out of work then yes, we probably all would stick up for ourselves differently, but at the end of the day he should know better and be more responsible. That's my opinion anyway.

How can anyone comment one way or the other if they wernt there?

So you're only qualified to comment on anything if you witnessed it first hand?!

That doesn't make sense, especially considering in this instance, supporting 'Tweets' from both parties.

The one posted on page 2 from the little scrote shows what kind of person he is and deserves abuse from that alone.

That said, CKR is a paid professional and should know what verbals are part of his job.

A police officer gets more than that every hour of their working day, yet (the vast majority) remain professional and deal with it properly.

• Backroom
It's probably best to let sleeping dogs lie, so to speak, but if this is what happened I think it's bang out of order that a player of our club who's on more money in a week than we're likely to earn in a year can react in that manner and go as far as to brag about it like he's just KO'd Tyson...

A lot of things can get misconstrued, from the all of a sudden racial element which came from nowhere, and the stereotypical "16 year old's deserve a clout".

None of us was there, including myself, but what annoyed me more than anything as to why I started this topic was the way CKR seemed to brag over twitter about the way he handled the situation. The lad's 16 for Christ sake. I've worked in bars before and been called a lot worst things for ALOT less money and still acted professionally. Why hasn't he done the same? If it was out of work then yes, we probably all would stick up for ourselves differently, but at the end of the day he should know better and be more responsible. That's my opinion anyway.

Hardly 'came from nowhere', given that the lad slates Blackburn for being 'full of Pakis'. 'Only 16' when it comes to that doesn't wash with me. I knew in Reception Year at primary not to treat people differently due to skin colour.

Fair play to him
From what i gathered on twitter some scruffy little local mongo called richards a "bellend"(hardly the most offensive insult), ive no problem with richards or anybody else in any walk of life putting some little gobshyte in there place(in fact id say well-done to him) BUT then to just go brag about it on effin twitter hes lowered himself to the kids level!!!doh!!!
Most 16 year olds are keaners so the kid probably had it coming to him. Impossible to judge either way, though, without knowing the full story.

Kinda surprising he's talking about it on twitter though.

Sounds to me the 16 year old had it coming and is being a drama queen about it. If you run your mouth you should also be prepared to face the consequences. CKR is a passionate footballer, and after 90 odds minutes there's still a lot of adrenaline cooking - still, he didn't do much by the sounds of it.
fair play to him if true, he gets payed to play football not take abuse of the local plastic gangsters.
Very easy to say walk away from abuse and not react to it. Until we're in that situation ourselves. Although not right for a player - or anybody else to assault another person, regardless of age - if this is what has happened. But it is just as wrong to go up to another person and start giving them abuse for no reason. We all react to provocation different as we all have different tolerance levels.

A selection of people saying he was right - did you take the same view when Cantona reacted? I'm sure you'll claim you did but I bet most of you didn't.

A selection of people saying he was right - did you take the same view when Cantona reacted? I'm sure you'll claim you did but I bet most of you didn't.

That was brilliant at the time. Also: won Blackburn the title.

That was brilliant at the time. Also: won Blackburn the title.

I seem to remember some UTD fans argung that as well. I think facts proved that they actually got more points per game without Cantona in the team, than when he was.

eeeer yes and I thought Cantonas reaction was pish funny to boo, the gobjobby that day didnt even have the excuse of being a naive 16 year old from what I remember.

eeeer yes and I thought Cantonas reaction was pish funny to boo, the gobjobby that day didnt even have the excuse of being a naive 16 year old from what I remember.

That's why I'm posting this topic, but from what he's said on Twitter he sounds like a right nob!

I could have told you that without the assistance of his Twitter. He appears to have the 'nobody likes me everybody hates me' 'me against the world' type attitude anyway.

He's as thick as they come.

Lol I suppose you also have to consider the difference between Cantona executing a flying kick and punches into the lad and CKR simply puting his hand on the guy. The reason CKR engaged the topic on twitter was because numerous witnesses to the incident that saw it in its entirety offered their apologies to CKR and said the lad was out of order. Funny thing though the young lad has amended his twitter by changing his profile and deleting the racist comments. Initially his profile said something to the effect of "I like starting trouble" and sitting back and watching it take off.

I seem to remember some UTD fans argung that as well. I think facts proved that they actually got more points per game without Cantona in the team, than when he was.

Facts, schmacts.

Their points per game with / without Cantona is entirely in keeping with their traditional "better in the second half of the season" vibe, so nothing unusual there.

I suspect they would have beaten West Ham in the last game of the season if they'd had their best and most influential player available. No way would he have allowed them to draw.

Cantona kicked and punched a fan. CKR allegedly grabbed him by the collar. There is a difference. Besides, I dont think we've actually heard an independent witness actually corroborate what the child has said.

I make no judgement but lets be honest about this. But for the best efforts of Solicitor and Man Utd director Maurice Watkins LLB, LLM and the influential MU PR Dept calling in every possible favour and then some from the press and media Eric Cantona should have been banged up for GBH. That assault was seriously dangerous and intended to cause serious physical damage to Matthew Simmonds.

Lol I suppose you also have to consider the difference between Cantona executing a flying kick and punches into the lad and CKR simply puting his hand on the guy. The reason CKR engaged the topic on twitter was because numerous witnesses to the incident that saw it in its entirety offered their apologies to CKR and said the lad was out of order. Funny thing though the young lad has amended his twitter by changing his profile and deleting the racist comments. Initially his profile said something to the effect of "I like starting trouble" and sitting back and watching it take off.

"I like starting trouble" sitting back and watching it take off nice to see fans make stuff up about my twitter if you dont like me fair enough but dont make stuff up about me!

"I like starting trouble" sitting back and watching it take off nice to see fans make stuff up about my twitter if you dont like me fair enough but dont make stuff up about me!

you really need to wind your neck in and do some thinking(and growing up), before you get yourself in real trouble.

• Backroom

If you don't want to be known as a racist, don't post racist things on your publicly accessible twitter account pal. It isn't a difficult concept to grasp. Or do you not consider the statement "Embarrassed to live in Blackburn full of Pakis!!!" racist? Just because you've deleted your account doesn't mean that isn't archived, btw. Nothing is ever completely erased on the internet, you'd do well to remember that.

If you don't want to be known as a racist, don't post racist things on your publicly accessible twitter account pal. It isn't a difficult concept to grasp. Or do you not consider the statement "Embarrassed to live in Blackburn full of Pakis!!!" racist? Just because you've deleted your account doesn't mean that isn't archived, btw. Nothing is ever completely erased on the internet, you'd do well to remember that.

Screen grabs of that comment have already been posted all over the place(and i'm sure CKR's people will have it stored, just in case:), and you havnt even seen fit to apologise or try and justify that comment in any way other than saying something along the lines of"its just a fact".

That might be deemed offensive to some, it's certainly inaccurate but is it actually a criminal offence? If it is deemed to be so instead of just an immature rant then the country has gone mad...... (see my sig).

Archived