BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Are the Rao's really this stupid?

How many of the squad they inherited are still here?

How many where sold and those funds reinvested in the playing squad?

£8m on Rhodes a a few £ in wages for murphy nowhere near covers it.

Baz, I really think that the asset stripping theory needs to be binned ( only my opinion) and we need to move on from that.

Truly look at the facts with eyes wide open.

Who's been sold in the past 2 years and for how much? What were their salaries?

On the other side, who's been bought, for how much and what are their salaries?

If you were a hard nosed asset stripper, would you have sold all the 'crown jewels', weighed absolutely everything in and then chucked the keys back having made a handsome profit? not happened has it?

You certainly wouldn't have reinvested in not only transfer fees but multimillion pound contracts that you would then have to cover financially on an ongoing basis. If you consider current income versus expenditure, it's £2million per month.

Asset strippers no in my opinion, until proven different, definitely stupid unless we are all missing a trick.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The strange thing is that they have been offered help aloong the way from people who care about the club and couldve helped. What they have done is ignore everyone who was genuinely trying to help and listened to people who were advising for their own self interest.

For this to happen consistently since they took over leads me to believe there is more too it to stupidity.

Maybe, just maybe there is mileage in the asset stripping theory and the Raos have been both incredibly stupid and clever at the same time.

Either way, they now have in place a management structure that a) cannot work as they continually fight for supremacy and B) won't work as the incumbents are incapable of coming close to being management material.

Personally I would like them all to be sacked or to stand down so that a suitable management team can be put in place but see that the raos don't have the capacity for something as sensible. So individually, Singh, a man who thinks a club of our standing needs an out of work coach and an under 15's coach of a local youth club as a footballing management team! Is this the ideals of a sane man? I do not think so.

Agnew, an incompetent who has cynically manipulated a situation to feather his own nest. This leaves shaw and silk...

No one knows what silk does and shaw is a thoroughly nice chap but no md of a multi million pound business.

Taking all points in to consideration, the raos must be stupid to allow these people to rape our club and slowly destroy it.

The strange thing is that they have been offered help aloong the way from people who care about the club and couldve helped. What they have done is ignore everyone who was genuinely trying to help and listened to people who were advising for their own self interest.

For this to happen consistently since they took over leads me to believe there is more too it to stupidity.

OJ, agree with your sentiments but you may wish to edit your grammar and spelling so as our more educated don't take the proverbial and hijack the thread. I'm sure Mr Mullan would vouch for that.

Still not convinced there isn't some foul play going on - lot of journos have smelt something fishy but have been unable to sufficiently prove it.

Even the authorities cannot validate the true owners of something like 50% of clubs in the top 2 divisions.

There are trails of payments allegedly going to odd bank accounts based in odd locations. One thing is for sure, when an agency can have a fundamental influence in the running of a football club, you know decisions will be made with financial gain as the ultimate motive.

Still not convinced there isn't some foul play going on - lot of journos have smelt something fishy but have been unable to sufficiently prove it.

Even the authorities cannot validate the true owners of something like 50% of clubs in the top 2 divisions.

There are trails of payments allegedly going to odd bank accounts based in odd locations. One thing is for sure, when an agency can have a fundamental influence in the running of a football club, you know decisions will be made with financial gain as the ultimate motive.

I'm in total agreement with you John, perhaps if that is the case The Raos have suffered more than anyone?! If so, positively stupidly.

John, just because journals have failed to uncover foul play does not mean it is not going on. If it looks like , smells like then it most probably is 'fishy'

However this idea would leave us to accept that the raos are very very clever, not something borne out by the facts of the last 24 months.

No sane person could do this many incompetent actions.

John, just because journals have failed to uncover foul play does not mean it is not going on. If it looks like , smells like then it most probably is 'fishy' However this idea would leave us to accept that the raos are very very clever, not something borne out by the facts of the last 24 months. No sane person could do this many incompetent actions.

Perhaps they were willing partners who have been left to carry the can now its gone t*** up / the heat got too much ?

Think regarding the FA , Prem its probably more of a case of not willing to investigate as who knows what a can of worms it might open with regards to who they do business with.

Of course they're stupid.

They've taken the advice of people whose business model is to relieve football club owners of as much money as possible.

The reality is that a quick google or a couple of hours with John Williams or Alex Ferguson ( whose thoughts are well documented) would have told them all they needed to know and given them the opportunity to make a real go of their investment.

When the gang of chancers met the Raos, they must have struggled to hide their joy about the patsies that had fallen into their hands.

The fact that chancers still roam the corridors of Ewood Park is further proof of the idiocy emanating from Pune.

A couple of years ago someone wrote in this board that the Raos were basically a trio of spoilt, thick, rich kids with a new toy.

Nothing since has dispelled this theory.

Free cap for Venkys customers.

I've got one of them monstrosities in my house from when my brother was coaching when we was in HK!! Dunno where it is, hopefully it's already been lobbed in tip!

Perhaps they were willing partners who have been left to carry the can now its gone t*** up / the heat got too much ?

Think regarding the FA , Prem its probably more of a case of not willing to investigate as who knows what a can of worms it might open with regards to who they do business with.

Very wise observation.

Was swinging back to giving them the benefit of the doubt then there was the alleged back story to how Peter Taylor came about as Balaji's pick.

At the end of the day Taylor did not come.

Are they evil, stupid, both??? I don't know.

Are there evil people and stupid people around them? By the bucket load.

Are there good people around them? Yes but they get sidelined and ignored all too often.

All I know for certain is they have wrecked Blackburn Rovers and for thousands of people, hopes and dreams have been smashed. And I am 90% sure it has not simply happened out of sheer stupidity alone.

Unused stock from an original, pre-Steve Kean marketing plan?

Bald managers new cap!

Venkys dish these out to customers (deli, cafe, take-aways). I was surprised to see Rovers halves feature prominently in the marketing. Maybe they are not stupid.

• Moderation Lead
Very wise observation.

Was swinging back to giving them the benefit of the doubt then there was the alleged back story to how Peter Taylor came about as Balaji's pick.

At the end of the day Taylor did not come.

Are they evil, stupid, both??? I don't know.

Are there evil people and stupid people around them? By the bucket load.

Are there good people around them? Yes but they get sidelined and ignored all too often.

All I know for certain is they have wrecked Blackburn Rovers and for thousands of people, hopes and dreams have been smashed. And I am 90% sure it has not simply happened out of sheer stupidity alone.

For once, I completely agree.

Thanks bypass, I had not seen that and it tends to suggest we are just part of a larger commercial venture. This still does not explain why we have the 3 stooges running the club over here. Surely business people who are wise enough to see that a football club is a good advertising bus, are wise enough to see Singh is a clueless buffoon, Agnew is a fraud as he does not do what he was employed to do, and finally, Shaw is just not up to the task and is there for the ride and whatever comes his way.

Surely the raos can see we need leadership.

Guest Norbert

The thing is, if these family of keanwits had a brain cell between them, it could have really worked out. If they left Williams, Sam et al to run the club, provide a bit more support than the Trust, then the Venky's brand would have been respected. Then, in time they could have used their links to our club to make football popular in India etc. Theoretically, they could have been good.

Instead, they sacked all the people who could have done this, listened to certain people with vested interests and hired a series of idiots and snakes to mismanage the club and run it into the ground at great expense. And they still keep with these morons who are more busy fighting each other than running the club.

So to summarise, yes the Raos are complete and utter fools, who've been taken for a ride, and are sure to take the worst decisions.

Guest Norbert

I'd say it's probably a bit more like Trading Places SAR, but with a difference.

Instead of finding a tramp to run the club, they went to some Indian loony bin and got three patients released from some disgusting hole where they keep the most insane and easily manipulated and told them they were related, and they owned a big poultry business. The 'sister' is traumatised into doing nothing by her experiences, one 'brother' ends up going crazy with the money and buys loads of bling, a football club etc., and the other brother just looks scruffy, out of place and slightly haunted.

I'd say it's probably a bit more like Trading Places SAR, but with a difference.

Instead of finding a tramp to run the club, they went to some Indian loony bin and got three patients released from some disgusting hole where they keep the most insane and easily manipulated and told them they were related, and they owned a big poultry business. The 'sister' is traumatised into doing nothing by her experiences, one 'brother' ends up going crazy with the money and buys loads of bling, a football club etc., and the other brother just looks scruffy, out of place and slightly haunted.

:)

Whatever else this lot are doing, winning promotion is clearly not part of the plan.

Got to agree , posted this in another thread regarding Appleton rumours,

"Depending what the plan is could be a good move , experience of working under a transfer embargo, off loading players , managing a club through administration, combined with Shaw's experience of running club finances to the point of begging money to fight off winding up from the HMRC could be a masterstroke by Venky's and at least we will see what the direction of the club is"

Nob End Rovers coming sooner than you think

Archived