BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Are the Rao's really this stupid?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Baz, I really think that the asset stripping theory needs to be binned ( only my opinion) and we need to move on from that.

Truly look at the facts with eyes wide open.

Who's been sold in the past 2 years and for how much? What were their salaries?

On the other side, who's been bought, for how much and what are their salaries?

If you were a hard nosed asset stripper, would you have sold all the 'crown jewels', weighed absolutely everything in and then chucked the keys back having made a handsome profit? not happened has it?

You certainly wouldn't have reinvested in not only transfer fees but multimillion pound contracts that you would then have to cover financially on an ongoing basis. If you consider current income versus expenditure, it's £2million per month.

Asset strippers no in my opinion, until proven different, definitely stupid unless we are all missing a trick.

I wasnt backing the asset stripping idea just pointing out that there has been little of the Raos money invested into BRFC since they bought the club. Id be willing to bet the Raos are not putting £2m a month of their own money into Rovers.

Naive definitely, stupid probably, crooked possibly.

Could it be time to move on?

I like many other posters on here come from an era prior to Jack Walker's involvement where promotion to the top table was what we always strove for. Nearly achieved it 3 times and then Uncle Jack had a vision and a few quid and gave us 'a leg up'. The next 4 or 5 years were beyond my wildest dreams but to quote the poem ' the beauty of Jack Walkers dream was that we got an invite too'. The next 15 years or so we've bobbed around waiting for the inevitable to happen

There will never ever be the like of Jack Walker again, the bridge is too large to gap.

I think the Raos are probably decent people but have been duped big time. IMO they are far from being alone in a game where the top 2 tables are awash with cash, unintelligent players and sharks constantly circling waiting to take advantage.

Let's hope they have learned their lesson the hard way and we can have their financial backing, a Board who manage the club properly (changes may need to be made), managers who manage and players who work in harmony for the good of the Club and a set of fans united who only want to support the Club.

I for one just want to get back to how things should be and getting back to enjoying following my beloved Rovers. Here's hoping....!

Have you been asleep for the last 2 years???

They've destroyed almost everything that Jack did in his crusade to make us a top flight club and self sufficient.

Jack bult rovers a better house did everything he could to ensure it would stand long after he was gone and in less than 18 months these 'decent' people have knocked the whole lot down. We didn't need another JW what we needed was what they promised, stability a bit of finance nothing more.

I doubt they'll ever be forgiven and rightly so.

Have you been asleep for the last 2 years???

They've destroyed almost everything that Jack did in his crusade to make us a top flight club and self sufficient.

Jack bult rovers a better house did everything he could to ensure it would stand long after he was gone and in less than 18 months these 'decent' people have knocked the whole lot down. We didn't need another JW what we needed was what they promised, stability a bit of finance nothing more.

I doubt they'll ever be forgiven and rightly so.

Living the same nightmare as you Majiball!

I never mentioned forgiveness either, just a hope (perhaps in desperation) we can move on.

I'm not prepared to move on, the monkies can move instead. I have done my version of moving on and it was simple, I have not and will not go to Ewood, spend a penny on anything rovers until they deliver on their promises or leave (VENKYS), many others have followed suit. Moving on, forgiveness how ever you wish to term it, will not be considered until they put the house back together again or leave. Alas it's akin to hoping 100 monkies will eventually invent the perfect cup of coffee.

Feel free to move on yourself chap you're obviously far more forgiving than me, but don't expect everyone to agree when they've screwed with something so close to peoples hearts.

I'm not prepared to move on, the monkies can move instead. I have done my version of moving on and it was simple, I have not and will not go to Ewood, spend a penny on anything rovers until they deliver on their promises or leave (VENKYS), many others have followed suit. Moving on, forgiveness how ever you wish to term it, will not be considered until they put the house back together again or leave. Alas it's akin to hoping 100 monkies will eventually invent the perfect cup of coffee.

Feel free to move on yourself chap you're obviously far more forgiving than me, but don't expect everyone to agree when they've screwed with something so close to peoples hearts.

I guess that's your prerogative chap.

I respectfully suggest that some of the wordings of your posts may give us all an inkling of where some of our 'fans' issues lie if you are representative.

Let others be the judge of that, I'm just solely concerned with BRFC and disappointed that you cannot see the spirit in which my posts have been written.

Unbelievable!

And that's exactly how I feel about your posts. Just as some look at a picasso and smile others weep.

I don't think supporting their regime finacially will benefit rovers long term and it will be the best way of forcing them out as even the seriously negative press previously delivered hasn't.

Anyone who gives money to the club has no right to complain, imo.

Not a popular opinion but it's just common sense.

And that's exactly how I feel about your posts. Just as some look at a picasso and smile others weep.

I don't think supporting their regime finacially will benefit rovers long term and it will be the best way of forcing them out as even the seriously negative press previously delivered hasn't.

I wasn't referring to financials, however as you've mentioned it, I don't think they are an issue as far as our support is concerned, to think that would be deluded on our part. As an example, I understand we took £22k on the gate at home against Cardiff over and above season ticket holders. Another 5000 at £15 per ticket making the gate almost 20,000 would have brought in 'only' an additional £75k. What's The players wage bill per week? If you think your non attendance is having a financial impact on the status quo then that's up to you if it makes you feel better.

That's it as far as I'm concerned and I unequivocally stand by everything else I have previously said.

Other than financial. I won't go (personally and this applies just to me) because I think attending is an endorsement of the owners scatter gun approach to running a football club. It's saying "yes it's ok to employ and sack a string of nomarks"

Other than financial. I won't go because I think attending is an endorsement of the owners scatter gun approach to running a football club. It's saying "yes it's ok to employ and sack a string of nomarks"

Sorry but I go cause I'm a Rovers fan. Nothing else.

Those from pre 1992 era will generally know where I'm coming from cause we were the 7,000!

What case?

Never meant to patronise nor appear condescending, if that's how it appears then I apologise. I wear my heart on my sleeve that's all.

I also fully understand and share everyone's annoyance and frustration but surely if The Raos aren't this stupid there must be an end game to when we can just be supporters again.....

Archived