BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Are the Rao's really this stupid?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When will they leave, that is the question we would all like answered. Yet there's absolutely no inkling of when that might be, if at all.

It's a question of how long the losses can be sustained versus the marketing pay-off I guess.

I really can't see any point in them carrying on if we are still in this division in 2 or 3 years' time. But clearly these pluckers are as thick as two short planks and who knows what they will do next. They're about as consistent as a noodle dangling in a hurricane.

They've completely distorted my relationship to the club, and I hate them beyond measure and will never forgive them, I am just waiting for them to go now.

When will they leave, that is the question we would all like answered. Yet there's absolutely no inkling of when that might be, if at all.

It's a question of how long the losses can be sustained versus the marketing pay-off I guess.

I really can't see any point in them carrying on if we are still in this division in 2 or 3 years' time. But clearly these pluckers are as thick as two short planks and who knows what they will do next. They're about as consistent as a noodle dangling in a hurricane.

They've completely distorted my relationship to the club, and I hate them beyond measure and will never forgive them, I am just waiting for them to go now.

Ditto me Bryan.

Unfortunately there are 2 scenarios as I see it

We are too far into it and we need their brass now or they chuck the keys in and pray someone is willing to pick up the pieces.

I don't think there's any telling where and when this will end up. We're dealing with morons who clearly make up their strategy as they go along.

Maybe they will cling onto us for fear of skeletons falling out of the closet if we were to be sold. That would mean we would be run into the ground and slip down the leagues.

It's absolutely tragic, and I feel the lion's share of the blame in this sorry saga should be levelled at the Walker's Trust.

I don't think there's any telling where and when this will end up. We're dealing with morons who clearly make up their strategy as they go along.

Maybe they will cling onto us for fear of skeletons falling out of the closet if we were to be sold. That would mean we would be run into the ground and slip down the leagues.

It's absolutely tragic, and I feel the lion's share of the blame in this sorry saga should be levelled at the Walker's Trust.

I agree on the whole.

The Walkers Trust were left a poisoned chalice, other than Jack, none of the rest of the family had nothing but a passive interest in Rovers. In terms of securing the great mans wishes perhaps they had a morale obligation, nothing more. It was a boil on their backside and they moved it on in a financial way that best suited their purpose. The true legacy would have been for JW to entrust it to the supporters I guess and WW and The Rovers Trust formed 10 years earlier. Ain't hindsight a wonderful thing! In short I guess I do blame the Trust but understand nonetheless.

They sold to Raos and guess breathed a sigh of relief. The rest that has transpired since we are all too familiar with.

Indecision, false promises, lack of communication, ludicrous football decisions and lack of knowledge have left the Raos fair game for a feeding frenzy from the football sharks and they must now be full to bursting.

Hopefully lessons have been learned and we can move on, which is why I started the thread

Guest Norbert

All I can add to this sorry tale is that our energy problems would be sorted if we rigged a dynamo to Jack Walker's grave, as the great man would be spinning so much.

It was fun whilst it lasted, but it is a shame this hangover just will not go.

• 3 years later...

We have endured 25 months of Venky's ownership and everything has been debated to death from conspiracy theories to alleged betting scandals etc. Some may yet be proved or disproved, who knows.

All that said, Venkys still own the club and we have a scenario to be resolved that is hardly rocket science to anyone with a modicum of football knowledge not to mention the basic principles of running any business.

We have:

1. Owners who clearly don't know what they are doing, apparently unable to make any correct decisions nor condescend to communicate directly and honestly with their customer base.

2. An appointed 'minister without portfolio' who wreaks havoc, demotivates all and sundry, makes a complete idiot of himself, the club and his employers in the national media and undermines the 'working board of Directors' to the point that they become dysfunctional.

3. A Board of Directors who the customer base never hear from, who are derided by the customer base but are either too scared, aloof or arrogant to openly fight their corner. Apparently can't make any form of executive decision of note without approval from Balaji et al.

Prove us all wrong Rao's cause to a man, we all think you are idiots but with just cause.

If it's not you but who you appointed then for Christ's sake, sack the lot and start afresh.

Ewood needs cleansing, FFS get on with it so we can move on!

the wheels on the bus go round and round

#venkhogday

The most worrying thing is that we have no clear view as to when this nightmare will end.

Why so many apologists go on looking for positives amongst the debris of humiliation that is heaped around Ewood is beyond me.

The RAOs are clearly the most inept, most despicable, most unwanted and most stupid family in the history of sports ownership. A chimpanzee would be better at making decisions than this bunch.

The sooner they fleck off back to their backyard, farming chickens and poisoning their customers, the better. Stupid is too kind a term for these feckless fools.

I've come to the conclusion that people REALLY CAN BE THAT STUPID.

I wouldn't say I'm a genius - but over the years there has been numerous situations in life where I've felt like a genius amongst retards (and this includes the people 'at the top' making the decisions').

So yeah, nothing surprises me THEY REALLY ARE THAT STUPID.

This thread could be renamed, do the Rao's think the fans are that stupid? We are allegedly £105 Million is debt. I have tried a couple of times, but add up the money that have brought in from sales and add a further £150 Million in TV and premier league money. The last count I did was up to about £300 Million. Add to that £105 Million for the debt and that's over £400 million gone through the club and we are third favourites for relegation to the third tier. The new man appointed to PR and the current manager are given a remit to tell us everything is ok.

Do they think we are that stupid. Like others I have had enough and I won't be spending a penny on the club.

On the gormless scale of 1-10, buying the club to relegate us and subsequently lose circa 100 million over 5 years is pretty impressive indeed. Must be very close to a perfect 10. To also spend circa 300 million whilst losing the extra 100 million takes some doing as well.

So many people made extremely wealthy on the backs of the Rovers plight with the club having little or no return for any monies spent. Hence why we now have a very poor quality squad, with a new manager with a lot to prove, managed and governed by a token board, with absent owners, playing in front of only half our crowd.

No wonder Lambert walked away. Sadly, any decent manager with an ounce of pride and respect would not happily pull wages from the club with little to no chance of lasting success. Leaving us with those who will manage happily under those circumstances.

No point listing the catalogue of errors involved since day one, but it all stems back to sacking the seemingly soon to be appointed England manager.

nah it started the moment they walked on the pitch like a pair of scruffy winoes and the owd hag didn't have the decency to go onto the pitch instead cowering around her cauldron up the tunnel.

That didn't affect our results. Sacking the best manager available to us at the time clearly did.

Many celebrated their arrival. Many celebrated the sacking of Sam. Many dreamed of the Champions League. Many have learnt tough lessons watching the club disintegrates.

The moment they sacked Sam the downward spiral began. Keeping Sam, Williams and Finn were the key decisions that needed to be made and they got all three wrong and have continued to make the wrong decisions ever since. I'm sticking with it not because I believe Venky's will suddenly start making the right decisions but because I believe - rightly or wrongly - that we will come through this period eventually and there has to be some foundation on which to rebuild. Admittedly, that day may be a long way off.

No foundation will be laid under this ownership and that's a nailed on fact. They've been in position to be on the right track for this then turn it upside down again. I'm afraid in another 5 years of this lot there is going to be an awful lot of 'we told you so' going around.

Much as it grates we need a dingle type model where buy they sell their best player every now and again as well but reinvest in a capable replacement. When they take a young loan with a view to buy then if he cuts it they actually buy him.

Not this lot it'll never happen we are now what we were intended to be via on takeover, a vehicle driven by agents for agents and %.

The reasons they gave for buying the club in the first place no longer apply because we are now a struggling championship club.

Why are they still here?

Are they pocketing cash from player sales and lumping excess running costs onto the debt. It seems that way to me.

I can't think of another logical reason they are still here.

Hopefully people will enjoy dishing out the 'told you so's' much less than they seem to be these days.

Sad thing is there were people on here telling us what they thought would happen as soon as the V regime really set to work creating a 10 million pound + black hole in something like the first 6 months.

They ain't even here telling us they told us so, they don't need to. No one wants it but it's happening.

The moment they sacked Sam the downward spiral began. Keeping Sam, Williams and Finn were the key decisions that needed to be made and they got all three wrong and have continued to make the wrong decisions ever since. I'm sticking with it not because I believe Venky's will suddenly start making the right decisions but because I believe - rightly or wrongly - that we will come through this period eventually and there has to be some foundation on which to rebuild. Admittedly, that day may be a long way off.

The only way that happens is when (if) Venkys leave. How do we help that along?

The only way that happens is when (if) Venkys leave. How do we help that along?

You don't Stuart. Venky's will leave only when they feel it is in their interests to leave and only when they can make a sale that meets their demands. Clearly, finance doesn't come into it. A few thousand less season tickets sold has little impact on them in financial terms. As they have no business interests in this country bad publicity will have no impact on them. Whilst I can understand that protests may make fans feel better, in the grand scale of things it will have no impact on the owners. Looking around the Academy this week, the pitches are in immaculate condition - so clearly they have money for some things. Talking to Preston fans this week down at Brockhall and it's clear their Academy structure is not on the same level, indeed they don't run an Under-21 team in competitive League games. That's the bit that is puzzling, in that the Academy and Under-21 structure is actually carrying on much as before but it's obvious that they have decided that investing heavily in the first team is not something that they are prepared to do anymore. Perhaps they see it as too much of a gamble with no guarantees of success at the end. They seem to have opted for trying to make the club self sufficient - something which Jack tried and quickly realised that it was a futile quest. The money from player sales is clearly going to support running costs and some is probably going back to the Bank of India.

Archived