BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradley Orr's Tweet

MrT

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I said at the time when Orr left, that I believe the reason Orr left was due to a certain Global Advisor interfering with team selections.

Shebby Singh has to leave our club immediately and as I have stated several times, we will hate this man more than Steve Kean.

It has already been established by people working in the club, MG Road, etc, even Henning Berg himself, that Shebby Singh had never interfered with team selections.

I'm not advocating that he should stay, but the poor guy is being vilified for stuff he didn't do. The stupid stuff he did and said should be more than enough to flame him with, let's not add imaginary charges to that mountain, shall we?

It has already been established by people working in the club, MG Road, etc, even Henning Berg himself, that Shebby Singh had never interfered with team selections.

I'm not advocating that he should stay, but the poor guy is being vilified for stuff he didn't do. The stupid stuff he did and said should be more than enough to flame him with, let's not add imaginary charges to that mountain, shall we?

Spot on.

How is buying a coach load of Portugese no-marks without the manager's approval NOT interfering with team matters?

MG ... Must be true them

How is buying a coach load of Portugese no-marks without the manager's approval NOT interfering with team matters?

I was referring to team selection, Henning Berg said he had control of everything football. Maybe that's why Steve Kean quitted, ha ha ha! But when Henning Berg came in, Shebby Singh disappeared into the shadows. Despite that, he was accused of choosing Adam Henley over Bradley Orr and throwing the latter into Ipswich?

MG ... Must be true them

You forgot Henning Berg. Even if you think MG is unreliable, I think everyone knows how honest Berg is.

Maybe SS didn't pick the team, but there's considerable reason to believe that Venky's have restricted who can and who can't play.

Seeing that most of the players who couldn't play when they should have (Simon Vukvenic, Rochina, Michael Salgado, Jason Roberts, Ryan Nelsen), etc happened under Steve Kean, and after he left they began coming into prominence under Henning Berg and now Gary Bowyer (the ones who haven't left the club, I mean), I suspect it was more a Kean problem than a Venkys problem. And with Kean you can be sure Jerome Anderson has some influence to a certain extent.

• Backroom

I'm surprised we still see Shebby apologists after all that has gone on but the again Black Burn you have defended him in the past solely based on where he comes from

I'm surprised we still see Shebby apologists after all that has gone on but the again Black Burn you have defended him in the past solely based on where he comes from

I am not defending him......

There are plenty of stuff to beat Shebby Singh up on, no point making up false accusations and getting into trouble when we can focus on the real problems he has been causing the club.

Well I'm certainly not an apologist for Singh, but I've heard several people on here (and in the ground) suggest that he has interfered in team selections and tactics, taken first team training etc, when in fact he hasn't. The man is a first class plonker and an embarrassment to our football club without question, and I want him and his paymasters out if possible but let's not get carried away with conspiracy theories yet again.

Seeing that most of the players who couldn't play when they should have (Simon Vukvenic, Rochina, Michael Salgado, Jason Roberts, Ryan Nelsen), etc happened under Steve Kean, and after he left they began coming into prominence under Henning Berg and now Gary Bowyer (the ones who haven't left the club, I mean), I suspect it was more a Kean problem than a Venkys problem. And with Kean you can be sure Jerome Anderson has some influence to a certain extent.

It wasn't Kean who stopped Salgado, Nelsen and Roberts playing. Salgado said himself that it was because of contractual reasons. So it was the owners then responsible for that and who's not to say they're not imposing similar restrictions now?

At KGH, we heard Shebby talking down only two players, Dunn and Pedersen - incidentally two of the highest earners. Since then we've hardly seen Pedersen - and have seen nothing at all of Dunn.

I'm far from convinced that Singh is having no influence over who's available and who isn't.

At KGH, we heard Shebby talking down only two players, Dunn and Pedersen - incidentally two of the highest earners. Since then we've hardly seen Pedersen - and have seen nothing at all of Dunn.

I'm far from convinced that Singh is having no influence over who's available and who isn't.

Can't argue with that. Then again, with Pedersen's current form, and Dunn looking unfit, it could be just that they were replaced with better players like Rochina, Murphy (all right, that probably is questionable), Simon, King, etc. At least it isn't like Kean's time when we were left wondering, hey, what happened to Simon?

King is taking Pedersen's place at left wing, right? Given King's current form, maybe that's why. But we did see Pedersen play quite a fair bit against Bristol City, so it's not as if he's been frozen out by Shebby Singh or something.

Admittedly I'm wondering why did the dude brought in Rosado, Edinho Junior and all the other Portuguese players. They haven't exactly set Ewood on fire. Stupid thing to do, and a total waste of money.

I was receptive to Berg thanks to Puffsan, but we all know how that worked out in the end (sorry, Puffsan, not a dig at you, but I think Berg would have succeeded if given time), so it's probably a good thing no one is listening to Shebby Singh on hiring the new manager (after his debacle with Berg), if the whispers from Brockhall are to be believed.

I am not defending him......

There are plenty of stuff to beat Shebby Singh up on, no point making up false accusations and getting into trouble when we can focus on the real problems he has been causing the club.

So you know it's all false? HOW exactly ?

• Backroom

I must admit I still believe Shebby has interfered with team selection

So far as well he hasn't earnt any trust so I remain sceptical no matter what is said

So you know it's all false? HOW exactly ?

So you know it's all true? How exactly?

What I do know is true: The guy brought in Henning Berg, and that proved to be a disaster. He wasted money on useless Portugese players, most of whom never even played a minute of game time. He talks too much. He probably shouldn't be trusted. He caused the split in the boardroom with his politics (though Agnew and Shaw are also responsible for that). He insulted Pedersen. He says stupid stuff.

What people are accusing him of: intervening in team selection and tactics despite Henning Berg publicly saying it isn't so. Maybe Shebby Singh is a lying snake or whatever you want to call him, but I don't think Henning Berg is. Maybe everyone is right and he did intervene in team selection, I'm not going to change your beliefs if you suspect that this is the case, but I'm more inclined to trust Henning Berg and other people over it, I guess.

You are not correct. Pedersen played a lot at the start of the season when youknowwho was still in charge. He hardly got any playing time under berg but that was no surprise as berg has critized peds in the norwegian media, basically said he was finished at top level when he didn't get called up for norways international squad as an example.

As for Henley, everyone except youknowwho would use him ahead of orr

IMO there where no suspicious team selections under berg, and there are no suspicious selections under bowyer.

You are not correct. Pedersen played a lot at the start of the season when youknowwho was still in charge. He hardly got any playing time under berg but that was no surprise as berg has critized peds in the norwegian media, basically said he was finished at top level when he didn't get called up for norways international squad as an example.

As for Henley, everyone except youknowwho would use him ahead of orr

IMO there where no suspicious team selections under berg, and there are no suspicious selections under bowyer.

Henley? Dunn.

Let me just clarify a bit.

Do I think the Raos came into the club for reasons of asset stripping? No.

Do I think they would asset strip if they knew the game was up and they wanted to sell? Yes.

Do I think SS has been picking the team? No.

Do I think that the Raos would put pressure on the squad selection because of contractual conditions with certain players, via Singh? Yes, absolutely. They've done it before.

Are they doing it? Who knows.

Archived