BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradley Orr's Tweet

MrT

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My heart sank when I saw this bellend was going to be recalled. Was hoping he'd be left at Ipswich for the whole season.
http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/blackburn_rovers_set_to_renege_on_bradley_orr_loan_extension_1_1796318

Under normal circumstances, it'd be right for the new manager to recall a loanee when we are short in a position (it'd even be right for a new manager to make banal platitudes about the "owner's ambitions").

But these aren't normal circumstances. We need some honesty and some sense that we are moving forward.

I fear Appleton has misjudged the ill feeling towards Orr and is taking us backwards.

A couple of things already have got my heckles up. Let's hope, for their sake and ours, Orr and Appleton both deliver.

Let's start with an apology from Orr for 'misjudging the mood with his ill-advised comments'...

Guest Norbert

So a football player who was up Kean's bum is recalled, and it's 'strike 1'? Good lord. Who cares what some barely literate tool said on some website? It's not like Bradley is posting dodgy pictures of 10 year olds or anything.

What I'm trying to say is yes, Orr has said some stupid things, but let the new manager have a look at him training and see if he can help cover a position we have a problem with.

So a football player who was up Kean's bum is recalled, and it's 'strike 1'? Good lord. Who cares what some barely literate tool said on some website? It's not like Bradley is posting dodgy pictures of 10 year olds or anything.

What I'm trying to say is yes, Orr has said some stupid things, but let the new manager have a look at him training and see if he can help cover a position we have a problem with.

This isn't just about a couple of tweets. For me, this is about the way he stuck the boot in, in front of the Sky cameras on our last night in the top flight.

Fans don't expect loyalty from footballers but we should be able to expect their respect.

Some players even show contempt for the fans now that the Sky money, and not our hard-earned, pays their wages. Orr epitomises that contempt as far as I'm concerned.

How is buying a coach load of Portugese no-marks without the manager's approval NOT interfering with team matters?

Shot in the dark but I would imagine that the clueless Venkymob had finally bubbled Kean and his Overlord skimming every deal and preferred a total amateur to bring players in. Shebby no doubt persuaded them that he knew what he was doing. I stress that is a guess but if I were the owners I'd rather trust my cheque book with Ronnie Biggs than those two ggb's.

It is better for all concerned that Bradley Orr stays out on loan or is released. I for one would not welcome him back in the team even if he was an outstanding player (which he is not).

His comments towards the fans were ill advised and unacceptable, and I don't recall making any apology. Even if he were to apologise now it would be too little, too late.

I must admit I still believe Shebby has interfered with team selection

So far as well he hasn't earnt any trust so I remain sceptical no matter what is said

Quite simply I see it as the big earners being shown the exit door. Make no mistake Dunn is as fit as he has been over the past half dozen years. All very sensible but where that leaves Murphy I don't know. I'd wager if any of em ripped up their Prermier league contracts and accepted the current going rate for Championship players they'd be back on the scene.

If Singh was keeping Orr out of the team that's a job we'll done in my book, he was rubbish first of all and secondly a Kean apologist.

Glad we got shut.

I can't argue with that. Orr was dreadful.

Archived