BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

Northern Rover@Northern_Rover

@thesage001 @reluctantnicko Shaw could've gone for anyone (within reason) and owners would've backed him. He chose Appleton.

Despite my misgivings if Appleton is appointed I will fully support him and will judge him on results with Rovers.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10151377.Rovers_make_approach_for_Blackpool_s_Appleton/?ref=twt

Andrew Cryer@CryerRovers

@stu_mulrooney the interest was obvious, it was whether shaw and agnew wd win power struggle. They have

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is, if it's not him which other mug are we going to give the job too.

Im off to the barber's tomorrow to get a number one all over.

ALAN MYERS@ALANMYERS1

No response as yet from Blackpool Q: why would Blackpool allow the Manager they've only recently appointed a few months ago to move?

I've heard a lot of gd things about appleton tbf and hope he does well if appointed. Just wish rovers acted properly

Charlie Adam@Charlie26Adam

What a blow that would be to Blackpool to lose Micheal Appleton. speaking to the lads they think he is a top coach

Why! Why! Why! Are these Keaning idiots still carrying on like this.

The club will not be safe until Venkys & this current set of @#/? board members do one.

Got my half season ticket Saturday.

I'm at Ewood to support the team.

Try to stop me chanting Venkys are kuntz!

Charlie Adam@Charlie26Adam

What a blow that would be to Blackpool to lose Micheal Appleton. speaking to the lads they think he is a top coach

Well the lads are never wrong so great!! Lets wheel Bradley Orr into Appleton's opening press conference and he can give us a sermon on the great Steve Kean before performing a jig of celebration at the 2nd coming of jesus arriving at Rovers. Then we'll get Woy in the action to hail the greatest apprentice he's ever worked with, that surgeon to say what a plucky character he is, his mrs to say how diligently and meticulously he polishes his head each morning and finally Derek Shaw to say how a being clueless t***** with no talent, money or ability to attract a decent manager to this club has resulted in him having dredging up the only joker he could get to come to Rovers, his old mate from a ****hole club called Preston.

Northern Rover@Northern_Rover

Despite my misgivings if Appleton is appointed I will fully support him and will judge him on results with Rovers.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10151377.Rovers_make_approach_for_Blackpool_s_Appleton/?ref=twt

Andrew Cryer@CryerRovers

@stu_mulrooney the interest was obvious, it was whether shaw and agnew wd win power struggle. They have

Incredible party line from Kamy. He must surely be as gutted as the rest of us.

Amazing turn of events though...

- Team Kean lose their leader

- Weeks of indecision pass

- 'They all agree' on Berg - although it's no-ones first choice, not even the fans

- Berg lasts just 10 games amid talk of background interference and a highly publicised non-event which could have instead had a positive spin (with the right PR)

- Singh takes the rap for the 'mistake'

- Shagnew head off to Pune

- Singh says no manager til the end of Jan

- The gauntlet is thrown down with speculation rising daily

- Shaw advertises an approach for a manager none of the fans want on the official club website

- No-one else knows about it

At best, unprofessional.

At worst...

Tell you what though. If Singh leaves at this moment in time, Kean may as well not have and we could well be about to repeat history.

Speechless.

What is the point of Venky's?

We are owned and managed by retarded bumming numb-skull witless clumsy ignorant hopeless incurable confused careless arrogant unknowing turd-breath backwards incapable unequalled disastrous unforgivable insane deranged doolally clueless enraging garrulous incompetent demented buck-toothed @#/? wits.

Is appleton going to be the one to turn off the lights?

Appleton highly rated, just look at his results as manager...

Obviously comes with a large dose of dignity as well.

Would love to know

1) Is he coming on the 6 month deal or has that changed?

2) Does he have a backroom team?

3) If he is coming in this week (before the stated "end of Jan"), will he be backed in the transfer market?

I have serious misgivings about Appleton, we need a experienced manager, not another gamble. But if he is appointed then will support him and judge him on results, like every other manager.

This one is totally a team Shaw choice. Shebby is sidelined on this one, but I can't see him just accepting this. As I said few weeks ago best way forward is for Shaw, Shebby and Agnew to be removed.

Archived