BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Martin Olson

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And as an aside Den the plan can work well. You don't have to spend big bucks as long as you have a good structure in place. Norwich and Swansea are two good examples. Our downfall is that we are an absolute shambles behind the scenes.

If you want to win promotion you don't sell your best players. Rovers should tell West Ham he can leave at the end of the season.

You've been saying this for years Ricky. The plan's working well isn't it.

It can work well in principle though.

Look at Swansea - sold their best two players (Allen and Sinclair) for big money, then bought several players for less that have improved them as a team overall (Michu, Ki, Hernandez, de Guzman, Chico).

We did the same succesfully in the past as well. Of course, you need managers and a scouting system that can find these players...but for argument's sake, I think we could be stronger with a £2 million left back and £2 million central midfielder if they were chosen well than with Olsson.

Look at Swansea - sold their best two players (Allen and Sinclair) for big money, then bought several players for less that have improved them as a team overall (Michu, Ki, Hernandez, de Guzman, Chico).

We did the same succesfully in the past as well. Of course, you need managers and a scouting system that can find these players...but for argument's sake, I think we could be stronger with a £2 million left back and £2 million central midfielder if they were chosen well than with Olsson.

The above may be true, BUT we don't have that scouting system anymore, i dread to think who will allowed to buy anyone, if at all. Just as i said in the opening post this tells me as a supporter sorry pal we ain't going for promotion, and what message does this tell the other two or three that could make the PL, will they want to jump ship at the earliest opportunity, yet more BS from the Venky's who keep saying our best players are not for sale. I bet Mikey Delap is having a heart attack poor lad.

£15K and you get Martin Olsson for £3.5m? :)

Can i ask why exactly the club had to pay anything to Sam any way in this case if i worked in tescos and my supervisor got sacked i got the job got drunk and called him a crook would tesco's have to pay him?

Can i ask why exactly the club had to pay anything to Sam any way in this case if i worked in tescos and my supervisor got sacked i got the job got drunk and called him a crook would tesco's have to pay him?

Kean implicated the club in believing Sam was a crook and more over stated that was the reason why the club sacked him.

Of course if Kean were lying about this, the club would have dismissed him without compensation....

If you want to weaken the squad LeC, then sell your best players. If you want to strengthen, then sell your weakest players. Don't see any of the top clubs around the world selling their best players willingly - or as part of a strengthening plan. The top clubs buy the best players, they don't sell 'em. Yes, I know they can afford to, but the key word here is "willingly".

Oh, and bottom line is, we're where we are because we've sold every one of our best players.

Den, you've completely ignored the example given. Swansea DID sell their 2 best players this summer.

They had little option Ricky. Good luck to Swansea, but if they continue to sell their best players they'll finish back where they came from. You're advocating selling our best players as part of a plan and that's a whole lot different. We've been doing that for two years now and that's why we were relegated.

I'm not advocating it, I'm accepting it. Huge difference.

He wants to go, he made that clear in the summer. The point I made is that if he wants to go we need to use the money to plug the holes in our team.

"And as an aside Den the plan can work well." Sounds like you were Ricky.

Anyway, glad it didn't take long for you to fall in line with my way of thinking. :P

Would definitely sell for anything above £5m. Time for Marcus Olsson to change positions, he's probably even more erratic than his twin brother though - but could become a useful left back in the Champ.

Have you seen Marcus play?

They had little option Ricky. Good luck to Swansea, but if they continue to sell their best players they'll finish back where they came from. You're advocating selling our best players as part of a plan and that's a whole lot different. We've been doing that for two years now and that's why we were relegated.

We've sold our best players for a lot longer than two years.

Problem now is we buy @#/? to replace them and have employed crap managers to develop them.

7m for Olsson is truly astounding. If true, the Indians have pulled another one out of the bag after Kalinic. Thing is, why do they have this ability to get good fees, but no nous whatsoever in all other aspects of running the club?!

We've sold our best players for a lot longer than two years.

Problem now is we buy @#/? to replace them and have employed crap managers to develop them.

We've sold them as long as I've been watching us. That's why we spent so many years in the old second and third divisions. It's also the reason why we're in this league.

Some of you guys will never learn.

Do you genuinely believe that Kean would have kept us up if we kept Samba, Phil Jones and our other "best players".

Even though he almost relegated us with the very same players.....with a massive headstart over Blackpool etc.

Kean/Venky's relegated us because even if we bought more quality players to add to Samba etc, we still would have gone down.

Archived