BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Martin Olson

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11685/8398070/Sam-Allardyce-plays-down-speculation-linking-Mohamed-Diame-with-Arsenal

Allardyce is also hoping to bring in more new players during January, with Blackburn left-back Martin Olssonspacer.gif on his list.

But after an initial enquiry, Allardyce revealed: "We have not made any further bids for Martin Olsson."

Is it only me who thinks that Ollson has been very poor this season? King looks far more dangerous down the left. There seems to be no final ball from Ollson and he is not a defender.

Just my opinion.

He's been playing a little within himself, but he's still been better than most left backs in this league and remains a Sweden international.

This will come down to one of two things, we'll refuse to sell point blank, or we'll sell and get rinsed because there's no way we're going to get £5 million+ for a Championship full back.

• Backroom
He's been playing a little within himself, but he's still been better than most left backs in this league and remains a Sweden international.

This will come down to one of two things, we'll refuse to sell point blank, or we'll sell and get rinsed because there's no way we're going to get £5 million+ for a Championship full back.

TBF can you name another Swedish left back? Isn't exactly a position that has high competition.

Olsson is Swedish, and while it *can* be spelled with one s, it very very rarely is. As a general rule, a Swedish -son name will end in -sson. If in doubt, use two s. If they were Danish/Norwegian, they'd likely be Martin and Markus Olsen. I appreciate that everyone might not know Swedish names all that well and that's fine, but it's a 6 letter name that's been on the team sheet most weeks for years. These days it's often on there twice.

Gomez is pretty bad. Especially as it's not at all pronounced the same way as, say, Mario Gomez. Gomes is more of a "sh" at the end, a longer softer s.

I can live with spelling mistakes in hastily written posts (Unless it's not knowing the difference between they're/their/there, and using would/could/should of instead of 'have'. Those drive me nuts), but I just think it's common courtesy to try and get people's name right. Even if it's someone you might not ever meet, and only talk about.

Just gotta point out though, that I think 'Bert', as in Bert Mk II, is intentional on the part of most people. I know I've used it knowingly anyway.

Ryan Nelson was one of the worst.

Club captain for a few years and still people were spelling his surname incorrectly.

Seems to have been a lot of 'Mckinley's for Billy McKinlay recently, when we were linked with him.

That's a bad one.

Yes, I'm a geek.

Fair point. Is Erik Edman still playing? ;)

Yeah he is, but he hasn't gotten back to being the player he used to be before suffering an ACL injury (Against Rovers if memory serves), and hasn't featured for the national team in a long time. Anderlecht's Behrang Safari is Olsson's main competitor for the left back spot, so the point that there isn't a whole lot of competition in that position is a reasonable one.

Anyway, any time Edman is mentioned it would be criminal to not post *that* goal against Liverpool. He might have scored a grand total of 4 goals for club and country in his 15 year career, but this one is as good as it gets really

Yeah he is, but he hasn't gotten back to being the player he used to be before suffering an ACL injury (Against Rovers if memory serves), and hasn't featured for the national team in a long time. Anderlecht's Behrang Safari is Olsson's main competitor for the left back spot, so the point that there isn't a whole lot of competition in that position is a reasonable one.

Anyway, any time Edman is mentioned it would be criminal to not post *that* goal against Liverpool. He might have scored a grand total of 4 goals for club and country in his 15 year career, but this one is as good as it gets really

Decent effort!

I know he's had a good career but my only memory of him is when he had a 'mare for Wigan a few years ago when they got battered 9-1.

Ryan Nelson was one of the worst.

Club captain for a few years and still people were spelling his surname incorrectly.

Seems to have been a lot of 'Mckinley's for Billy McKinlay recently, when we were linked with him.

That's a bad one.

Yes, I'm a geek.

And Kevin Gallacher played for us for years and never had his name pronounced properly. Gallacher...ch...ch..ch..er. He is Scottish not Irish, hence the ch not the gh.

And Kevin Gallacher played for us for years and never had his name pronounced properly. Gallacher...ch...ch..ch..er. He is Scottish not Irish, hence the ch not the gh.

Yeah, Gallacher is always a bad one.

Kevin Gallacher.

Paul Gallagher.

Whooosh.

:lol:

Hope he stays and gets consistently played on the left wing. Don't understand why he's been used there so little of late.

It's highly probable he wants to play at left back to keep his place in the national team.

The other reason of course is that we have no alternatives. Givet maybe...but then we have no substitute central defender that has played a first team game.

Archived