BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Martin Olson

1 SOCCER Blackburn Olsson

APPLETON: HAMMERS WILL HAVE TO UP OLSSON BID

By Simon Stone, Press Association Sport Chief Football Writer

New Blackburn boss Michael Appleton has warned West Ham they will have to up the ante if they are serious about signing defender Martin Olsson.

Hammers manager Sam Allardyce lodged a £2million bid for the Swede, which was turned down flat by Rovers.

Although Allardyce has insisted he was not prepared to increase the bid, it is thought a further offer has been forthcoming.

However, the 24-year-old remains a Rovers player, with Appleton insisting Olsson will not be allowed to leave on the cheap.

``Nothing is happening at the minute,'' said Appleton.

``I was made aware of a bid that was put in before I took the reins but it is way below the value we see him at.

``Until a bid reaches the valuation we think it should be, there is not a conversation.

``Martin continues to be a Blackburn player.

``He is a fantastic player, an international with bags of talent, and I am looking forward to working with him.''

However, with Olsson hoping to leave Ewood Park this month, a transfer does seem likely eventually.

Indeed, Appleton believes a certain amount of movement would actually be healthy for a club that desperately needs to kick-start their season if they are to stand any chance of reclaiming their top-flight status.

``We have a couple of weeks left,'' he said.

``As with any football club, some players will leave, others will come in. But a few new faces will do the club a world of good.

``It will bring fresh competition, but it has to be players who will affect the starting XI, not the 18.''

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's a goner, isn't he? Shame. One of our few exciting players.

I'm also not looking forward to the revisionist history when he's gone.

Yep the mist of time will improve him immeasurealbly. In the future people will actually say he was decent and could actually cross a ball rather than his Forrest Gump speed and inability to trap a bag of cement

Yep the mist of time will improve him immeasurealbly. In the future people will actually say he was decent and could actually cross a ball rather than his Forrest Gump speed and inability to trap a bag of cement

Problem is whoever buys our players will get one who cant trap a bag of cement and who doesnt have any speed.

• 9 months later...

Something that no one has disclosed on here was the £11M bid from Manchester City for Martin Olsson, which was turned down on the say so of Kean.

I believe the fee received was £2.5M from Norwich.

Also have we finished paying Mark Hughes' signing on payments yet? If we have it's only recently.

Something that no one has disclosed on here was the £11M bid from Manchester City for Martin Olsson, which was turned down on the say so of Kean.

I believe the fee received was £2.5M from Norwich.

Also have we finished paying Mark Hughes' signing on payments yet? If we have it's only recently.

WTF? To pretty much the whole post.

According to some, selling our best players was part of 'the plan', so perhaps there's a reason no one disclosed that.

Archived