BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] SEM Statement On Appleton

Kamy100

STATEMENT: The SEM Group OR Jerome Anderson is not in ANY way involved with Michael Appleton & never has been OR have they had any dialogue whatsoever with Venky's in respect of the prospective appointment of Mr Appleton as manager. ALL reports by any individual or otherwise are fabricated & totally untrue.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have SEM asked for a retraction from yourself on it Kamy? Just wondering if they'd been in touch with either you or Glen about it.

Although looking back I'm not sure Glen ever said it was a JA appointment on Twitter so they may not be referring to him. Apologies if that's the case.

Who at Ewood keeps putting out all these stupid rumours? There is obviously at least one source within the club maliciously doing so.

- Berg walks out of training

- Berg and the exagerrated Christmas part story

- Judan Ali taking training

- 6 Portuguese youngsters to start in Bowyer's first match

- Appleton SEM

All turned out to be completely rubbish. There are probably more, that's just off the top of my head. They weren't just internet rumours either, all those made it to at least local press level.

I'd love to know who is doing it and what their motiviation is.

Have SEM asked for a retraction from yourself on it Kamy? Just wondering if they'd been in touch with either you or Glen about it.

Although looking back I'm not sure Glen ever said it was a JA appointment on Twitter so they may not be referring to him. Apologies if that's the case.

After 2 years of trying to remove Jerome Anderson, he is indeed the man behind the Appleton appointment, deal done direct with india

I never said anything about SEM Ricky. What I said was that his agent could be under Kentaro, I also qualified that with Kentaro have so many agent companies under their umbrella who they own but let them run independently.

I actually contacted SEM this morning about the allegations and they denied them, so I suggested that they should put out a statement if possible.

For someone who has had no involvement with Rovers since the first transfer window under Kean's management, it's amazing how close an eye Anderson's employees keep on Rovers message boards!

And how quick they are to respond.

Oh, before I forget, thanks for getting the Club buzzing!

I never said anything about SEM Ricky. What I said was that his agent could be under Kentaro, I also qualified that with Kentaro have so many agent companies under their umbrella who they own but let them run independently.

I actually contacted SEM this morning about the allegations and they denied them, so I suggested that they should put out a statement if possible.

Can I quickly ask if SEM includes Kentaro? Thus stating SEM had no involvement, does that quantify as Kentaro included?

Sorry Kamy, so it was Glen who put that out on Twitter then. I wonder if they'll be asking for a retraction. I know their lawyers are fairly active. I'm sure that coupled with their denial about Shaw meeting Anderson before heading to Pune may push them into requesting a retraction.

47er I guess they just keep an eye on Twitter as well. Glen's tweet was retweeted and commented on quite a bit so they may well have picked it up from there not here. Although they do clearly keep an eye on us hence the threats of legal action in the past.

Who would stoop so low as threatening legal action against fans eh.

STATEMENT: The SEM Group OR Jerome Anderson is not in ANY way involved with Michael Appleton & never has been OR have they had any dialogue whatsoever with Venky's in respect of the prospective appointment of Mr Appleton as manager. ALL reports by any individual or otherwise are fabricated & totally untrue.

Terrible grammar.

Where did SEM put out this statement?

Can I quickly ask if SEM includes Kentaro? Thus stating SEM had no involvement, does that quantify as Kentaro included?

SEM are just one of the very many companies that Kentaro own. That statement excludes SEM/JA involvement. It would only be possible to exclude Kentaro involvement by getting the name of Appleton's agent.

Even if his agent is Kentaro it doesn't mean anything sinister, my extensive research into Kentaro last year revealed that they bought out lots of agent companies (buying competitors) but once they buy them they let them run their business very independently.

As pointed out on the other thread, the statement as worded allows plenty of wriggle room.

However, they have denied all involvement verbally to Kamy.

I wonder where BRFCAG got their version from?

Glen said he got the information from a source directly from India, and from Blackpool.

Seems quite clear to me. Neither SEM or Jerome Anderson had anything to do with the appointment of Michael Appleton.

From my days at school I seem to remember it was either/or and neither/nor

Not neither/or

Poorly worded statement but at least it's interesting. Paul Agnew would do anything to write such enthralling pieces.

Archived