BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] SEM Statement On Appleton

Kamy100

Glen, if you carry on at this rate, with a baby as well, you'll be a nervous wreck----seriously.

I don't think anyone with any sense or perspective needs reminding, but a new baby is several thousand miles more important than a football club.

Forget about Rovers, silly group fights and boardroom politics and spend some time with your family.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think anyone with any sense or perspective needs reminding, but a new baby is several thousand miles more important than a football club.

Forget about Rovers, silly group fights and boardroom politics and spend some time with your family.

Its possible to combine.

Speaking of it my new born needs some Rovers merchandise :)

Regardless of Glen and Kamys tweets last night about SEM something still doesn't smell right with this.

Everything that had happened seems to suggest M.G Road was on the ball with most of this. His last post said "I'd love to know who started the Shaw/Agnew chose Appleton rumour... There's not an ounce of truth in it."

I want to know who interviewed Appleton initially. Obviously it wasn't Shabby. If he has applied, been interviewed and selected by Shaw and then approved by Venkys fine. Poor choice but done the correct way.

However if he is neither Shaw or Singh's choice and has been initially approved by Venkys than that is incredibly worrying regardless of his agent. Why have they ignored the people that they employ to run the club and took advice someone else who probably doesn't have the best interests of the club at hear. As they have no knowledge whatsoever of this market (which is all it is to them) Venkys should pick football people to run the club and leave it at that.

This statement is definitive in one sense only: it categorically does not mention Kentaro, yet states that neither SEM nor Anderson were or EVER HAVE BEEN involved with Appleton.

Yet Kamy stated that Appleton was a client of Kentaro prior to joining WMG.

Clearly, the omission of the word Kentaro is therefore quite deliberate and we are no nearer to knowing whether they were involved or not in the appointment, but the implication, as I read it, is that they (Kentaro) may well have been (in a form other than SEM), otherwise it could have been worded differently to avoid all suspicion.

Whatever we think of these people, they are not idiots. On the contrary, they rely on the fact that we are.

• Backroom

Why are people getting so hung up on it?

SEM and Anderson (the parties whom we dislike) are not involved. But OTHER areas of Kentaro (ie not SEM nor Anderson) may be. Why's that so hard to digest from the tweet?

Why are people getting so hung up on it?

SEM and Anderson (the parties whom we dislike) are not involved. But OTHER areas of Kentaro (ie not SEM nor Anderson) may be. Why's that so hard to digest from the tweet?

People are hung up because the Board of a football club along with the owners are meant to pick the manager.

We've been down the road before of an agent picking the manager and having too much power at Rovers - see John William's letter about JA submitting transfers which hadn't been signed off by the Board.

Rover's agents fees were as high as Man Utd and Liverpool in 2011, it doesn't take einstein to work out what was happening.

For Christ's sake believe the statement and come to terms with the fact that ALL football agents are nothing more than parasites.

We'll all carry on going round in circles because no football fan has any time for any of them in reality. Unfortunately most directly employed within the game lack intelligence and financial acumen. If they didn't there wouldn't be a role for agents because they'd represent themselves.

Archived