BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vacancy For Volunteer Trainee Journalist At BRFCS

Guest Wen Y Hu

• Backroom
Exactly Tom. I don't want to repeat confidential messages but I'm sure Reb wouldn't mind me quoting a small sentence from one of his pm's to me regarding board moderation... bear in mind this was a couple of years back when one or two fresh faced newbies were throwing their weight around as is normally the case (you being an exception to the rule btw) ..... "I am sick of them too; they all seem to be like 12 year old boys who have discovered their first erection."

Perfick... And as you rightly say a fantastic contributor. ^_^

As well as talking sense, he was humourous with it. Rather like Sir Patrick Moore or George Bernard Shaw (I know he likes his ego to be massaged haha).

I'm interested in applying for this but I don't think I'll be able to muster up the names and contact details of up to two referee which is mentioned in the application details. Is this a must for the application or could it possibly be overlooked?

Whilst the rules & the decision (as well as the hard work and experience) are all Kamy & Wen, I'll happily pass on one thing I've realised over the years ..... There is no harm in trying. I've never let job requirements or strict application processes get in the way of what I've wanted. I've just done what I can to convince those making the decision that I'd be the best choice and if that means cunningly working my way around requirements I don't meet or processes I can't follow then I improvise.

Ultimately whilst the person making the decision may not look kindly on something ignored out of inattention or laziness, most won't deny themselves the best candidate simply for not sticking rigidly to the rules.

Caveat: I've most most of my working life in companies with less than 50 employees, I'd imagine in the world of corporate HR the rules may be different :)

There is no harm in trying. I've never let job requirements or strict application processes get in the way of what I've wanted. I've just done what I can to convince those making the decision that I'd be the best choice and if that means cunningly working my way around requirements I don't meet or processes I can't follow then I improvise.

Glenn , are you Steve Kean ? :)

Guest Wen Y Hu
I'm interested in applying for this but I don't think I'll be able to muster up the names and contact details of up to two referee which is mentioned in the application details. Is this a must for the application or could it possibly be overlooked?

Unlike when we invite members to contribute behind the scenes at BRFCS, this is more of a hands-on role and involves training and professional responsibilities so we are treating the application process seriously. Even though the position is carried out on a voluntary basis and as such is not remunerated, the benefits are quite substantial and it represents an excellent opportunity for career development. When considering referees, do bear in mind that it could be a previous employer, a course tutor, a respected member of the community, etc. Just email me at the editors address if you need further confirmation.

Guest Wen Y Hu

The deadline for applications has now passed, so we will move on to the selection process. Once that has been completed, we will introduce the new trainee.

Archived