BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Charlton

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Venkys and the Rao family deserve all the verbal abuse the supporters may care to hurl their way.

On the other hand what is more important, justifiably letting Venkys know what we think of them or supporting the team and improving our chances of victory?

Personally, I think improving our chances of a win by serving as the 12th man is far more important than launching into Mrs. D and her siblings. The contempt I feel for them knows no bounds*, but expressing it isn't the goal. Winning is.

* If they're here to fire the three amigos, then I may reconsider this statement as it will show they're trying to bring stability and professionalism to the club. But I doubt that this is the case or, if I'm wrong, it'll be another ineffective half measure.

• Moderation Lead
Presumably chants of 'We are Rovers, we hate Venkys' fulfils all the criteria for supporting the team and having a go at Venkys?

Indeed. Venky's out all the time during the game is daft. At different points fair enough.

Just boils down to priorities I suppose- which is more important, supporting the players, or slagging off Venky's???

• Backroom

They deserve all the stick they get but I think we have to show we are behind the new manager or as fans we will make a rod for our own back in a way

• Backroom

I say get 'Appleton's blue and white army' in nice and early all thru the game to show support for the team and manager.

Intersperse that with 'shebby singh you're a keaner' and 'we want venkys out'.

The noise generated at the end of the Wigan game was fantastic, obviously tempers were running high with us having been relagated, but if we could get anywhere near those noise levels on Saturday that would surely hammer home the point.

"We want Venkys out, we want venkys out!

The noise generated at the end of the Wigan game was fantastic, obviously tempers were running high with us having been relagated, but if we could get anywhere near those noise levels on Saturday that would surely hammer home the point.

you need 20k+ for anywhere near that level of noise

I was in the BBE that night and it was like a morgue for most of the game. Come on guys, we all know there won't be a 'cauldron of hate' towards Mrs D on Saturday, as much as I'd find that amusing. I bet half of Ewood don't even know who she is.

Give the Venkys the dogs abuse.

It's their ownership that has turned our club from a half-decent premiership club to a laughing stock. It was they who sacked Allerdyce; caused all of the most respected football club administrators in the UK to leave and replaced them with a bunch of Keystone Cops; they appointed Steve "the swear word" Kean as manager and have now appointed a proven loser as his replacement. Plus they have caused thousands not to renew their season tickets. I'm one of them.

If you want to hurl abuse, feel free to do it on my behalf.

lets get behind the new manager on saturday and the team for the charlton match instead of creating a negative atmoss around ewood we dont wont to go down that route again keep the faith , things can only get better

Go on I will bite ... What faith have you in bling n bong and the owd hag? Has the atmosphere not been bad since the lunes from Pune took over and proceeded to ruin is? What gives you reason to believe things will get better under the turd buckets rule ?

It seems to me that there are 2 distinct camps of fans. The first are the ones that think creating a negative atmosphere will somehow bring about something positive.

The second are the ones who want to go to a football game, believe it or not,it is a leisure decision, to support their team (note TEAM) and to see if their team can win.

One thing none of us can do and that is to change the mind and decision set of the people who own our name. I, for one, sit wholly and completely in the second bracket. I see no point, rhyme or reason to spend hard earned money on a ticket just so that I can shout abuse at our owners and create a totally negative, hate filled, nervy atmosphere where even the best would struggle to succeed.

Archived