BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Charlton

It seems to me that there are 2 distinct camps of fans. The first are the ones that think creating a negative atmosphere will somehow bring about something positive.

The second are the ones who want to go to a football game, believe it or not,it is a leisure decision, to support their team (note TEAM) and to see if their team can win.

One thing none of us can do and that is to change the mind and decision set of the people who own our name. I, for one, sit wholly and completely in the second bracket. I see no point, rhyme or reason to spend hard earned money on a ticket just so that I can shout abuse at our owners and create a totally negative, hate filled, nervy atmosphere where even the best would struggle to succeed.

do both, support the team dring the match then at half time chant all through the interval at our lovely owners

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judging by the weather forecast it looks like this game may end up being postponed.

Is that because Shebby will be getting the pitch watered the night before hoping the freezing conditions will make the surface un playable so then the owners dont get any jip off us?

It seems to me that there are 2 distinct camps of fans. The first are the ones that think creating a negative atmosphere will somehow bring about something positive.

The second are the ones who want to go to a football game, believe it or not,it is a leisure decision, to support their team (note TEAM) and to see if their team can win.

One thing none of us can do and that is to change the mind and decision set of the people who own our name. I, for one, sit wholly and completely in the second bracket. I see no point, rhyme or reason to spend hard earned money on a ticket just so that I can shout abuse at our owners and create a totally negative, hate filled, nervy atmosphere where even the best would struggle to succeed.

It'll probably be fine on saturday. Fans have vented their feelings at odd times this season. Firstly when we were challenging at the top of the table under Kean, then it stopped during our horrific run under Berg, then it bizarrely started again when he was sacked and went on for most of our good little run under Bowyer. Its as if the fans are reacting in an opposite fashion to whats benefitting the team. I expect Appleton will be worse than Bowyer, so he'll probably get supported.

It'll probably be fine on saturday. Fans have vented their feelings at odd times this season. Firstly when we were challenging at the top of the table under Kean, then it stopped during our horrific run under Berg, then it bizarrely started again when he was sacked and went on for most of our good little run under Bowyer. Its as if the fans are reacting in an opposite fashion to whats benefitting the team. I expect Appleton will be worse than Bowyer, so he'll probably get supported.

Fans reacting in an opposite way to what is benefitting the team?

You have just said that when the crowd is unhappy we are getting results. Surely by your logic we should vent our feelings as it seems to result in an upturn in results?

I'd say this game is unlikely to happen this weekend. Supposed to be very heavy snow on Friday night and freezing termperatures on Saturday. How will Charlton fans get to the game?

I doubt it. The west ham game in decemeber 2010 still went ahead despite 6" of snow followed by -5 temperatures and deathly dangerous roads and footpaths. The matchday temp never rose above -2.

I doubt it. The west ham game in decemeber 2010 still went ahead despite 6" of snow followed by -5 temperatures and deathly dangerous roads and footpaths. The matchday temp never rose above -2.

If the snow arrives Friday into Saturday as forecast I think it's highly unlikely the game will go ahead.

Still time for the forecast to change though.

• Backroom
We love you Rovers, we do

OH ROVERS WE LOVE YOU

We hate you Venkys, we do

OH VENKYS WE HATE YOU

Rinse and Repeat

Expanded ;) doubt we could keep it going though haha

There is definitely a problem with the venkys in town people almost to a man want to support the team/new manager but to a man want to show their disgust at the Indians.

It's a tricky balancing act but from my experience of home games this season without the fans that are in exile the remaining fans have not been capable of creating a positive or negative atmosphere either way. Frankly we're just a bunch of forlorn characters slumped in our seats.

So for what it's worth I don't think anything significant will come from the crowd positive or negative.

It's a desperate time and all blame lies with the loons from Pune. And we will never be a club worthy of the name until they've gone. Regardless of what league we're in when they do @#/? off.

If the snow arrives Friday into Saturday as forecast I think it's highly unlikely the game will go ahead.

Still time for the forecast to change though.

I think you will find it snowed Friday into Saturday then too. However we were midtable in the Prem and the club still had competent staff. Can't see the current rabble being as keen to bust a gut

Fans reacting in an opposite way to what is benefitting the team?

You have just said that when the crowd is unhappy we are getting results. Surely by your logic we should vent our feelings as it seems to result in an upturn in results?

No the manager has determined our results. I was just saying its weird that the only time the fans have refrained from any negative chanting this season was when the worst of the lot was in charge.

I think you will find it snowed Friday into Saturday then too. However we were midtable in the Prem and the club still had competent staff. Can't see the current rabble being as keen to bust a gut

There are severe weather warnings in place and given the late postponement of the Brighton game you would think they will make a decision on Friday.

Archived