BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Charlton

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It had better not be postponed because of a piddling amount of snow after I've got up at 7 o'clock to come down.......I'll go radge if it is and my teenage daughter will go even radger as she doesn't like getting up at 7 o'clock on a Saturday I can tell you.

It's trying to snow here in Bolton. Not enough to worry about......yet!

Edit: getting heavier 10.15am.

2nd edit: Accy, Bury and Rochdale all postponed - 11.15am (snowing heavier here).

• Backroom

Strangely seems snow is concentrated into pockets around the country. Has snowed heavily here in Ipswich, but just up the road in Colchester hardly a dusting.

Will be interesting to see if the game is on tomorrow. I'd guess not.

Just back from Wigan .. Loads of the white stuff .. Nowt in Blackburn hardly .

Strangely seems snow is concentrated into pockets around the country. Has snowed heavily here in Ipswich, but just up the road in Colchester hardly a dusting.

Will be interesting to see if the game is on tomorrow. I'd guess not.

No reason to call it off yet.

"We've tinkered with a few little bits and pieces in the team. I want to play to the player's strengths so you might see a couple of changes to how we go about the game and how we approach it and i'm sure that will help the players."

Hope he means the team plays to Jordan Rhodes strengths.

"We've tinkered with a few little bits and pieces in the team. I want to play to the player's strengths so you might see a couple of changes to how we go about the game and how we approach it and i'm sure that will help the players." Hope he means the team plays to Jordan Rhodes strengths.

With the personnel available I'm not sure we can play to Rhodes' strength (assuming by that you mean set the team up to try to create as many chances for him as possible). The only way we could improve is to try and play wingers who get crosses into the box...but then we've only really got Nunes that does that naturally, and his crossing is erratic.

"We've tinkered with a few little bits and pieces in the team. I want to play to the player's strengths so you might see a couple of changes to how we go about the game and how we approach it and i'm sure that will help the players." Hope he means the team plays to Jordan Rhodes strengths.

The only way you'll achieve that is by having better players that are far stronger than the opposition. So, you can forget playing your Lowe's, Morris's, Formica's, Ettuhu's, and Orr's of this world as it wont happen it can never happen unless Charlton are of Bristol City's calibre.

Best, Dunn, Etuhu, Henley & Poor Olsson all injured.

King, Formica & Nunes have all trained.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/an-enjoyable-week-606371.aspx

Good to hear about Nunes disappointing to hear Formicas name being mentioned.

Just back from Wigan .. Loads of the white stuff .. Nowt in Blackburn hardly .

No reason to call it off yet.

Absolutely non just yet. Driven past Ewood Park and its all clear.

Charlton's last two leauge games... Won 4-3 AT Watford and then a 2-1 win over Blackpool... they're no mugs and certainly not of Bristol City's calibre...

1-1 is my prediction

Unacceptable score Greggyk. Appleton simply has to win this game.

"We've tinkered with a few little bits and pieces in the team. I want to play to the player's strengths so you might see a couple of changes to how we go about the game and how we approach it and i'm sure that will help the players.".

The position of the ' in "player's" suggests that he's talking about one player (Rhodes).

I was always warned to avoid the yellow snow owing to what makes it yellow ;-)
Yeah got that. It was the clever way it was tied to the weather.

It's got Abbey's name written... somewhere quite far away from it! Haha.

(Sorry Abs!!)

Archived