BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Charlton

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've booked train tickets from York to Blackburn and was planning to buy a ticket on match day.

How much is it snowing in Blackburn? Do you reckon it will be called off? Surely, the underground heating will help the pitch ?

The weather forecast says no snow in Blackburn tomorrow... http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Blackburn/

You should be ok Sverre. Enjoy the game and enjoy York. Have you been to Yorvik yet?

You should be ok Sverre. Enjoy the game and enjoy York. Have you been to Yorvik yet?

Thanks! If it is called off then I've got a good story, hah! I'll take the chance since I've already got the train tickets. I haven't been to the Yorvik museum, no. Is it any good?

Hopefully King plays tomorrow. I think he can outrun most players in the championship.

Not Kazim, he provides no service and has a poor attitude, far too greedy.

I would start Nunes or maybe King over him.

If CKR is that what is Rochina ? are you out of the Hughesy school of must pass and place all of the attacking players in a straight jacket.

I'd be surprised if it's on to be honest.

If a bit of rain stopped the Brighton match, then a full day of continuous (if light) snow is going to be a disaster.

I live 5 minutes from Ewood Park and it's pretty deep for Blackburn standards...and it's still going now.

My brother says there's a bulldozer outside Ewood (hopefully to shovel away snow if required and not knock the place down!!!).

In Chorley we've had a few inches but it's not snowing at the moment.

I'd be surprised if it's on to be honest.

If a bit of rain stopped the Brighton match, then a full day of continuous (if light) snow is going to be a disaster.

I live 5 minutes from Ewood Park and it's pretty deep for Blackburn standards...and it's still going now.

Give over. Im up on Fernhurst and its snowed all day. But it's pathetic Southern snow, possibly from the Home Counties, in its texture depth and heaviness. It's weak, like a Morten tackle, a Kean excuse or a Venkatesh interview.

In short, as snow goes, it's not good enough, relegation snow. I can't speak lowly enough of it.

Of course it could bucket it down overnight, but at this rate, game on surely? Besides, Madame is here.

I don't like Kazim as a player, and we can't play both, 1 is ok and Rochina gives us someone who will commit players.

I don't like him as a person but Kazim does have something about him. He can "put it about" a bit, and I mean a bit, I.e. not a lot, but compared to our other forwards he's unique.

He can play a bit, when in the right frame of mind. A tough one for any manager I'd suggest. But for me I'd go with Col and Rhodes up front. Rochina can come on with 20 to spare and do 300 step overs before banjoing 2 in the top corners. Mein Got this is easy.

The only player I would consider playing instead of Rochina is Gomes, who had an excellent partnership with Rhodes, the best of the various ones we have tried due to Gomes' intelligence and movement.

If you had say Vukcevic, Gomes and Nunes to support Rhodes, there is a mixture of crossing, creativity, intelligent movement and pace between the 3.

The only player I would consider playing instead of Rochina is Gomes, who had an excellent partnership with Rhodes, the best of the various ones we have tried due to Gomes' intelligence and movement.

If you had say Vukcevic, Gomes and Nunes to support Rhodes, there is a mixture of crossing, creativity, intelligent movement and pace between the 3.

But no presence whatsoever. No outlet. No one to hold the ball up and make it stick. Rhodes is Michael Owen, will score goals - that's it. He needs help up top. This is the second division, we're not good enough to "play" ourselves out of it. You have to mix it.

Let's hope Best isn't far off. His return has gone a bit quiet hasn't it?

Archived