BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys Assets - London Limited.

http://www.thenation...arsenal-victory

'first rate writing' im a rover? :rock:

Funny (not) how journalists are now telling the wood from the trees. They were nearly all desperately quiet whilst Kean and the Fat Controller were in charge. What should have been investigative journalism has now become effectively a history lesson. What influence did those two have over so many I wonder?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.thenation...arsenal-victory

'first rate writing' im a rover? :rock:

Funny (not) how journalists are now telling the wood from the trees. They were nearly all desperately quiet whilst Kean and the Fat Controller were in charge. What should have been investigative journalism has now become effectively a history lesson. What influence did those two have over so many I wonder?

ka ching!

Wow! You're not wrong! This guy knows the story and knows its going to come out.

Squeaky-bum time for a few people I'd think.

and he is writing from the AE !!!

Wow! You're not wrong! This guy knows the story and knows its going to come out.

Squeaky-bum time for a few people I'd think.

Not sure about that. Coco will just smirk and open another bottle of red by the pool of one of his Portugese properties I'm sure.

A bigger question is why they didn't offer this level of support when we were facing relegation?

Or, biggest of all, why didn't they sack Kean after we were relegated (at the latest?)

I can never rest easy with these owners when I recall the incredible mess they've made of it, whatever assurances we are getting now.

Perhaps because on paper they were/are the 100% owners this might not have always been the case off paper?

No doubt if this was the case the various regulatory bodies of the game came into possession of evidence of something like this, they would tip the nod to whoever to withdraw carefully to cover their own backs. After all English football is squeaky clean isn't it and squeaky clean sells worldwide..

To me that shows signs that they may be true to their word.

Possibly duped by others like the rest of us but at least we don't have to bear the financial consequences of ineptitude. Just the collateral damage.

Credit to them if they are prepared to put their money where their mouth is.

Hopefully onwards and upwards!

My thoughts also. If Venkys are trying to be proper owners now, good for them. It'll take time, but I'm prepared to chalk it up to a steep learning curve. I hope others follow suite.

For 24 months nothing made any sense and this recapitalisation of VLL is in all probability a forced decision rather than a rational decision of choice.

As in put those shares in now or face the criminal consequences of trading illegally.

Seriously I would hope that we have just witnessed Venky's first sensible business decision but if I were their lawyer or accountant I would have written a carefully worded letter by now poining out the possible consequences of delaying increasing the VLL share capital.

A bigger question is why they didn't offer this level of support when we were facing relegation?

Or, biggest of all, why didn't they sack Kean after we were relegated (at the latest?)

I can never rest easy with these owners when I recall the incredible mess they've made of it, whatever assurances we are getting now.

The only difference I can think of is that back then we/they had debt with Barclays, and the purse strings seemed tied.

Now we/they have an Indian bank and, although we are apparently losing millions every month, we don't seem to have any problems financially.

My thoughts also. If Venkys are trying to be proper owners now, good for them. It'll take time, but I'm prepared to chalk it up to a steep learning curve. I hope others follow suite.

You must be @#/? joking.

I'd rather pour kerosene down my pants and and walk over hot coals.

I want to defend that author. Richard Jolly has Been consistenly on our side the whole time.He has done the Best coverage of rovers of any journalist Ive read. His piece when Kean was sacked was great as Well. And earlier than that. He isn't just supporting us now.

I want to defend that author. Richard Jolly has Been consistenly on our side the whole time.He has done the Best coverage of rovers of any journalist Ive read. His piece when Kean was sacked was great as Well. And earlier than that. He isn't just supporting us now.

OK I'll accept your opinion Philly. Richard Jolly must be one in a hundred.

Guest Norbert

So what is?

You know he won't say Stuart. Phillipl seems to get a kick out of the whole "I know a conspiracy you don't but I won't tell" thing, and the frustration it causes. Please, just put up what you 'know' or stop annoying people with these posts. All this nonsense just winds people up.

You know he won't say Stuart. Phillipl seems to get a kick out of the whole "I know a conspiracy you don't but I won't tell" thing, and the frustration it causes. Please, just put up what you 'know' or stop annoying people with these posts. All this nonsense just winds people up.

yawn

Perhaps because on paper they were/are the 100% owners this might not have always been the case off paper?

No doubt if this was the case the various regulatory bodies of the game came into possession of evidence of something like this, they would tip the nod to whoever to withdraw carefully to cover their own backs. After all English football is squeaky clean isn't it and squeaky clean sells worldwide..

that makes the most sense to me in this whole sordid affair.

Our finances must be royally screwed, in an complete mess - the wage bill must be pretty bad and our monthly loss just can't continue?

Yes but these losses will be met by another Bank of India loan presumably Next season's wage bill will already be lower without Robinson, Givet or Dunn who are collectively paid post-relegation at around 75-80,000 a week. Rochina and Formica will be go too so as well as some of Shebby's buy one, get one for another agent fee Portuguese youngsters. I think Martin Olsson will be sold too.

The current deficit will look better next season but then promotion will be absolutely vital.

Archived