BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kicking a ball boy is it a red?

Frustration tempers and anxiety Gord? That's why we need referees isn't it? You can't allow players to be kicking out at the ball while it's in the posession of a ballboy. Surely there's no argument about that?

Bottom line is that the job of all ball boys is to speed the game up not delay it. This kid was doing the exact opposite. Surely there's no argument about that either?

Just a thought but this incident might just see the end of ball boys.... would that be good or bad Den?

btw whats your opinion on this person attempting to delay proceedings? They wouldn't have stopped for the eeejit would they? btw turn the sound up!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/01/23/dont-mess-with-the-queens_n_2532142.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl11%7Csec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D148197

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bottom line is that the job of all ball boys is to speed the game up not delay it. This kid was doing the exact opposite. Surely there's no argument about that either?

No argument about that at all, that's why I said Swansea should discipline him. Right decisions in my opinion.

No argument about that at all, that's why I said Swansea should discipline him. Right decisions in my opinion.

Not often I have to say it these days but you're wrong. ;)

btw I bet talkshite and the red tops do this incident to bloody death.

• Moderation Lead
Hazard didn't kick a ball boy, he kicked a ball.

If Hazard did catch the kid accidentally then the chavvy little prick deserved it. The tweet shows it was completely premeditated and not a spur-of-the-moment response.

+1. There was a photo in one of today's papers showing that Hazard had indeed made contact with the ball.

If the lad wasn't so soft, it wouldn't even have been an issue.

If I were him, I'd be so embarassed right now, made to look like a complete soft lad in front of the nation......

I can well remember going to Tranmere under John Aldridge and if Tranmere were winning after about 70 minutes the ball boys would all disappear. They were instructed to do this and several other clubs copied this tactic. Sometimes having ball boys is more trouble than it's worth, particularly when the crowd is close to the pitch (like Ewood).

I can well remember going to Tranmere under John Aldridge and if Tranmere were winning after about 70 minutes the ball boys would all disappear. They were instructed to do this and several other clubs copied this tactic. Sometimes having ball boys is more trouble than it's worth, particularly when the crowd is close to the pitch (like Ewood).

Watched BRFC at Everton a few years back and I noticed that Everton used to have little curtains under the ball boys stools. Underneath was a ball. If Everton were losing the curtains were opened and every time a ball went out of play the player was given the ball straiht away leaving the ball boy to retrieve the original whilst the game was in play. If Everton were winning the curtains were closed and the game delayed a few seconds every time whilst the ball boys retrieved the ball from the crowd. Moyes did learn most of his stuff from John Beck whilst at PNE rem.

Hazard went for the ball. If the ball boy was doing his job properly, then none of this would have occurred. I understand he was wasting his time etc, but he should never have smothered the ball the way he did.

It happened at Ewood on Tuesday, the ball boy deliberately held the ball until Kean collected it. However, on one occasion, the opposition ran over to the ball boy and he rightly released the ball.

Ridiculous how people could do slate Hazard. Only thing I can slate him for is not kicking the fat lump harder!

btw I bet talkshite and the red tops do this incident to bloody death.

They did, it was all they talked about on the breakfast show.

Sounds to me like the little brat deserved what he got, if Hazard gets anymore than a three match ban then it's disgusting.

To call it a grown man kicking a child is also ludicrous, Hazard is only a few years older than him.

Hazard went for the ball. If the ball boy was doing his job properly, then none of this would have occurred. I understand he was wasting his time etc, but he should never have smothered the ball the way he did.

It happened at Ewood on Tuesday, the ball boy deliberately held the ball until Kean collected it. However, on one occasion, the opposition ran over to the ball boy and he rightly released the ball.

Ridiculous how people could do slate Hazard. Only thing I can slate him for is not kicking the fat lump harder!

But the Brighton player would of been wrong if he had kicked the ball boy or punched him in the face. Would if for eg it was say your daughter in the Blackburn end who held the ball and a Brighton player kicked her?

Both were in the wrong last night . It's footy and its passionate . It happens.

I think a red card was the right decision but that should be the end of it. Hazard should not face a longer suspension, nor should he be hung out to dry, nor prosecuted etc.

The ball boy got what he deserved.

I think the incident raises the question about ball boys. ie what is the point of having them? As has been said, they are meant to facilitate the return of the ball to play, not do the opposite and delay. I don't like to see ball boys timewasting; its just unprofessional.

Here's a Jimmy Hill esq theory about the Brighton result and the said ball boy (albeit the opposite complaint to Jimmy Hill's infamous rant) :

The ball boy in front of the Blackburn End was deliberately slow in returning the ball 2-3 times in the 2nd half. It seemed like the ball boy had a bit of atttiude about him; he was not discreet in his lack of effort to the return the ball to play. I noticed it; others in the crowd obviously saw it. Let's say he wasted 5 seconds each time. In other words, a miniscule amount of time.

All it did was to rile the Brighton players who complained to the ref about the time wasting. The ref must have noticed what the ball boy was doing. Suddenly the ref gives 5 minutes stoppage time in respect of a match where 5 mins did not appear to be warranted. (only 4 subs and no lengthy injuries) Whose to say the ref didnt add on a minute for the time wasting actions, largely attributable to the ball boy?

Low and behold we concede in the final minute. Arguably the 10-15 seconds that the ball boy has wasted in real time may have caused an extra minute to be added on. But for this extra time being added on, we would have won the game. As Jimmy Hill said, the ball girl (boy in this case) cost Blackburn Rovers the result! ;)

• Backroom

Anyone thinking he'll be slated at school isn't in touch with modern society. I know a lad who had girls chasing him just because he swore on camera behind a news reporter. He'll have his pick of Swansea's slags. That's the TOWIE generation for you :blink:

Typical media over reaction on this. Neither of them are right.

The lad was poncing around. What was he doing lying on the ball in the first place? Aside from wasting time.

From what the ref saw Hazard should have gone as it looked like he kicked the ball boy. Action replay shows that he punted the ball from under the lad.

Hazard also deserves a red as poetic justice. He likes a bit of simulation himself. To have it happen to him via a ball boy is just desserts. Now the same needs to happen to Suarez. It may make palyers start thinking twice about it as they see how others - mainly impressionable youths, imitate their actions.

The Peter Griffin comparison is excellent.

Sense.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/01/24/pat-nevin-defends-eden-hazard_n_2540164.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl8%7Csec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D148547

and a warning to what I alluded to earlier that this incident on the back of recent others might see off the use of ball boys completely. Shame but thats where overblown stuff like this leads.

Anyone thinking he'll be slated at school isn't in touch with modern society. I know a lad who had girls chasing him just because he swore on camera behind a news reporter. He'll have his pick of Swansea's slags. That's the TOWIE generation for you :blink:

If that kid had got away with it and wasted 20 seconds or so he'd have been carried shoulder high to this mornings assembly .... if they still have it these days.

Once worked down there for a month . There's some very sexy ladies let me tell you.

Den his parents have a 25% stake in the club so I don`t think punishment will be forthcoming. Obviously a spoilt little chav. I don`t condone what the player did or there could be a free for all but I certainly don`t feel sorry for the lad. His numerous cocky tweets give an indication to his intentions and his personailty. Like I said before, he is lucky it wasn`t Andy Todd.

Den his parents have a 25% stake in the club so I don`t think punishment will be forthcoming. Obviously a spoilt little chav. I don`t condone what the player did or there could be a free for all but I certainly don`t feel sorry for the lad. His numerous cocky tweets give an indication to his intentions and his personailty. Like I said before, he is lucky it wasn`t Andy Todd.

At any reputable club, the lad wouldn't spend his match days as a ball boy again.

Kid? Assembly? He's 17.

a. He looks like a kid. No facial hair a godawful hair cut and a brattish attitude. I doubt his balls have dropped yet.

and

b. I had morning assembly right through the 6th form. They insisted on that at proper schools.

Archived