BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Luke Dowling

Baz

That's some subtle sarcasm right there, JAL.

I've had the fortune to watch Appletons Portsmouth lose at home to Dickovs Oldham earlier this season with Oldham deserved winner and there was nothing impressive at all about Appletons team that day.So in away im looking on to see what he can do can Appleton raise his game here at Ewood Park.

thinkk Luke Dowling role will be more of a chief scout than DoF role.

scouting players for Appleton.

Sounds very old fashioned scouting for players dont you just contact the football agents to see just who is and isnt available.

• Backroom
Cant wait to see who these guys bring in, player wise. Just hope they are top drawer and that this sets the standard.

Don't be expecting too much too soon. I'll be expecting kind of halfway experienced players. Solid championship or lower PL more than 'great' players.

Sounds very old fashioned scouting for players dont you just contact the football agents to see just who is and isnt available.
Nah, it's the other way round isn't it?

They contact you and tell you who you will have.

• Backroom
Hopefully his first port of call will be to take one look at Evertons set-up and recreate it here at Brockhall. They are without doubt first class at plucking players out of the hat and the level of detail involved is immense.

When you use FM, you're bound to get some right :P

But I do agree, they've plucked plenty of players out of nowhere at a good young age and done well with them.

When you use FM, you're bound to get some right :P

But I do agree, they've plucked plenty of players out of nowhere at a good young age and done well with them.

LOL, it is funny how they pay 20-30K for the database before release, credit to the game itself really. They have a department of analysists who watch matches (video) and garner opinions on as many players as possible around europe and constantly buld a database of players, strengths etc etc. Moyes says I want a player like this and they hand over the info. They've done well in the main, arteta, Feliani, Jelavic (cracker) to name but a few who have done bloody well for them and will earn them millions of squids. Much better than just scouting.

"Former Portsmouth head of recruitment Luke Dowling is expected to be confirmed in a similar position at Rovers today"

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10184739.Rovers_boss_ready_to_shake_up_side_ahead_of_transfer_deadline_day/?ref=twt

Otherwise know as Chief Scout

Great interview. Come on Appy.

• Backroom

Meant football players not stars in the sky Tom.

Can you name any of his top players that hes scouted if hes ever identified any at all ?

Campbell and Thomas spring to mind. Anyone who expects us to get better players considering where we are is more than a tad mad imo.

Campbell and Thomas spring to mind. Anyone who expects us to get better players considering where we are is more than a tad mad imo.

Wasnt it Appleton who identified them. What i'm asking for is his past contributions and by that players who've signed on the dotted line for a club of Dowlings.

Archived