BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup 4th Round - Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Stuart

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad thinks jordon rhodes has the joint club record for an individual striker scoring in consecutive games at rovers.

I have no evidence to the contrary but finding it hard to believe in 137 years no one has scored in more than 7 consecutive games.

So thought with the collective knowledge on here is he right? I'll have to eat humble pie if he is after flat rejecting it.

Another less interesting statistic relating to the league rather than the Cup... Although we're placed 15th in the Championship only five teams have conceded more goals than us.

You were right! :D

Sounds like Derby had an absolute shocker. Zero shots on or off target, that's pretty pathetic no matter how good we were.

Glad we've gone through, as this is the only competition we have any hope of achieving anything in. If Bradford can get to a final...

Perhaps Rovers made Derby have a shocker. Appleton's teams are organised and try to stop the opposition playing. It would be 2 clean sheets in a row if it wasn't for goodwillie being a tool.

The cheek on here makes the quality of posts terrible. Mods, please can you remove Stuart's post?

Seriously? :blink:

In the aftermath of a 3-0 away victory, you dig up a negative stat and don't expect at least a gentle ribbing?

Good grief.

With promotion looking to be beyond us, a good cup might lift spirits.

Don't write us off just yet.

Three things needed in this leaguse- organisation, confidence and momentum.

Just watch us go now.

Don't write us off just yet.

Three things needed in this leaguse- organisation, confidence and momentum.

Just watch us go now.

Rovers winning emphatically.

Mercerman getting giddy with positivity.

People agreeing with Drog in ICBINF.

Ladies and gents, it's the end of the world as we know it!

I was being sarcastic, Stuart... And it's a positive stat for a start!

It wasn't obvious but fair enough, it did seem very out of character for you!

But "only 5 teams have conceded more goals than us".

That's positive? I've read it a few times now and I can't make that sound positive. It sounds like we've conceded a lot of goals!

Great result and hopefully we can build on this, still not getting excited though as it's early days and we now need some consistency. Still not expecting us to get into the playoffs and I think Mercer's been on the red again but a good cup run, a top ten finish and some stability at the club and things might start to look a little better.

Fantastic performances in the last couple of games now. Appleton is really getting the side organised and hard to beat. Always fancy us to get a goal with quality individuals like Rhodes so if we can become hard to score against then we have the real makings of a good team.

That`s two games now where our opposition have failed to carve out a genuine chance against us. That is down to organisation and hard work.

Archived