BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How do we bring the fans back?

JBiz

A few results would not be able to mask (long term) the lack of fitness of the players, the imbalance of the squad, the interference of Shebby. At the moment (it seems at least) we have the above and it may not be ideal but its a million times better than before.

Agnew and Shaw are still here and need to be shown the door.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bring back fans AFTER Venkys has left. Right now any investment into the club goes to fund the pockets of Venkys, which is the problem.

isn't that the problem in a nutshell?? Negative attitude to owners who could give a flying @#/? which then detracts away from any positives for the team. You carry on telling yourself that Venkys are the problem when in fact it's your attitude.

Seriously, I think some left due to relegation. More left because of they way they were being treated and the drivel being spouted in the press.

The first step, replacing Kean, has occurred.

The second step requires the board to apologize, clearly state their ambition for the club, followed by the immediate firing of Shaw and Agnew, and replacing them with Tom Finn and 1-2 others bearing the John Williams endorsement.

The third step is improving the atmosphere at Ewood. The posters who recommended making 10,000 seats available for a elementary school kids at a couple of pounds each were onto something. Perhaps a free child for every ticket purchased at regular price, unassigned seating however so the season ticket owners don't get bent.

Fourth, don't meddle with Appleton. If no money is available, tell him so. If he needs to sell to buy, tell him so. But stay out of training, team and tactic issues.

A few months of that, a genuine display of trying to make amends, would work wonders for Venkys. Most people are forgiving, if given a real reason to belief contrition is genuine.

Far too many people who COULD be attending were spoilt on the riches and success of the Walker era and being a top premier league team. They have no interest whatsoever in a mid table championship team with a very slight chance of a play off place. For want of a better term 'glory hunters'. It really is as simple as that in many cases.

To put another slant on this:

The fans who grew up seeing us winning the Premiership and only knowing the big time, this generation is now late 20's to mid 30's and most are now getting married/starting families/progressing in thei careers.

I think, although there will be an element of 'glory boys', there will be just as many who have reprioritised Rovers in their lives due to growing up.

I know we already it very good with season ticket prices but how about this for a club initiative?

http://thetwounfortunates.com/doing-a-radiohead-football-and-the-concept-of-pay-what-you-want/

(Don't click if you are easily offended at the concept of someone else potentially getting a better deal than you).

Success on the pitch is the solution we need, bar none.

Newcastle proved that fans can hate an owner yet be marginally won back. It would take an awful lot from the Raos mind.

How about giving those 2000 away fans at derby a free home ticket for the next game?

Success on the pitch is the solution we need, bar none.

Newcastle proved that fans can hate an owner yet be marginally won back. It would take an awful lot from the Raos mind.

How about giving those 2000 away fans at derby a free home ticket for the next game?

I think those poor souls who went to last season's forfeited League Cup game against Cardiff should have got one! :tu:

If we are successful on the pitch then the majority of fans will come back. Some wont come back until venkys have gone but the majority will if we start winning.

A strong end to the season is vital in order to increase ticket sales for next season. I could fully understand why many fans didnt renew for this season as kean was still here and I didnt hold out much hope for promotion. I genuinely believe the club is now heading in the.right direction and we have a genuine chance of promotion next season with a manager and players we can all get behind.

To be honest I don't see why we cannot achieve the playoffs this season, a lot can change in ten games. Obviously this is a tough ask and I think the lack of pressure on the players with the expectation of promotion, could help in this respect. I also think that the atmosphere could easily propel us up the league.

What incentives can we give fans? two games for £20 again?

Under 12s go free?

£10 ticket +free pie before 2.30 ;)

I'll not be back while Venky's are there. So to answer your question- get rid of the chicken chokers.

I personally prefer to concentrate on the difference we can make - Literally none by staying away (unless we all do)

Waste of time cutting ones nose off to spite your face.

To be honest I don't see why we cannot achieve the playoffs this season, a lot can change in ten games. Obviously this is a tough ask and I think the lack of pressure on the players with the expectation of promotion, could help in this respect. I also think that the atmosphere could easily propel us up the league.

What incentives can we give fans? two games for £20 again?

Under 12s go free?

£10 ticket +free pie before

I personally prefer to concentrate on the difference we can make - Literally none by staying away (unless we all do)

Waste of time cutting ones nose off to spite your face.

You or me can't make a difference. They are poison, we'll only thrive when they are gone. If everybody boycotted home games they'd be gone sooner or later.

Where to start with this...I've been a Rovers supporter since the mid 70's and a season ticket for 22 years before this season.After the farce of last season no way was i renewing my season ticket for this season i stated that as soon as Kean went i would come back.But do you know what? i really thought i would miss going to the games but the truth of the matter is i haven't.And that was something that i really didn't expect.

Nothing to do with what division we are in,that was totally irrelevant.I was just fed up of the nonsense surrounding Ewood and to be honest in this economic climate,despite the tickets being comparatively cheap i really can't justify spending my hard earned watching the likes of Bradley Orr wandering around a pitch not giving a toss.

As to what the answer is with regards to getting the likes of me going back to Ewood again,i don't know.

I think a 'push for the playoff's' package, 3 consecutive home games for 20 quid, would put a few thousand on the gate. If we were to start picking points up in the next few games, perhaps coupled with a bit of a cup run, interest would increase and fans would buy these tickets.

Deals like this were common place pre venkys, and indeed I think there may have been a similar deal at the end of last season? Is there still somebody at the club with the acumen to implement such a deal?

As a season ticket holder, I would not begrudge such a cheap deal for walk ons, as I would rather see a fuller ewood park.

I wouldn't begrudge it either on a short term deal like that - in fact last time they did that I bought a package for one of my kids and whichever one was at home at the time used it - no season tickets as they were all living elsewhere at the time. It's only if there are too many deals so that potentially the cost of a season ticket is greater than all the deals issued in a season that you get problems. Then you lose good will and fans have you over a barrel because they know if enough of them don't buy STs they will get a better deal.

I wouldn't begrudge it either on a short term deal like that - in fact last time they did that I bought a package for one of my kids and whichever one was at home at the time used it - no season tickets as they were all living elsewhere at the time. It's only if there are too many deals so that potentially the cost of a season ticket is greater than all the deals issued in a season that you get problems. Then you lose good will and fans have you over a barrel because they know if enough of them don't buy STs they will get a better deal.

Those tickets will have been non-transferable Gumbbots. Shame on you!!!

;-)

• Backroom

Tbf, before xmas I already decided (depending on price) that I'll be back next season as I've missed it this season. Not bought a half ST so I can save up for next season. It'll be my first adult st, as opposed to the student one.

3 I know won't ever set foot in ewood whilst scumkys here.

Id assume they either dont go much anyway(so not going is no big miss) or there just wallies.

Look at Newcastle there fans detest Ashley but if now there doing well the fans have separated there issues with Ashley and the football(why cut your nose off......)

Id assume they either dont go much anyway(so not going is no big miss) or there just wallies.

Look at Newcastle there fans detest Ashley but if now there doing well the fans have separated there issues with Ashley and the football(why cut your nose off......)

Who gives a toss about Newcastle?

Pre Venky's, we averaged 25000. Some league gates reached 30,000. You might never see that again. Scrap that, you wont see 30000 for a league game again.

Who gives a toss about Newcastle?

Pre Venky's, we averaged 25000. Some league gates reached 30,000. You might never see that again. Scrap that, you wont see 30000 for a league game again.

Whqt did we average pre-walker.

Id say at least halve of those that havnt renewed or havnt been going as regular as before are just the fickle fans who only go when the clubs doing well in the prem.

For the team to work hard and compete consistently is my minimum requirement(which we haven't had for the past 2 years, until now), anything else is a bonus.

P.s. Also you seem to be forgetting away supporter attendance numbers are far lower in this league also.

P.p.s you seriously dont think the Burnley gamr will sell out!, if people say there not going to that out protest or general disillusionment are maaaaaaad i tell yaa.

besides which, what Newcastle shows is that, however much you may hate your owners, if they keep their heads down and let those who actually know what they are doing on the football and admin side do their jobs, they can be ignored. If we get the football sorted out, results start coming and no more PR mistakes are made involving Singh or anyone else, then some at least may manage to get back to what we are supposed to do and that is supporting the team.

Two have had season tickets 39 years and they went home and away. Aye whatever hardly tj or whoever you want to be this week, they don't matter.

*** 30 years

Archived