BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back The Badge

pk1875

I can think of two things that will tempt back lapsed attendees -

1/ Venky's selling up to a decent sounding owner.

2/ Decent results.

A campaign seemingly straight out of Enid Blyton's 'Famous Five' with lashings and lashings of ginger beer will have no impact.

Not going to happen. And who cares about decent sounding owners? We want decent owners. And we aren't an attractive enough proposition to warrant such interest. We'll likely be sold to somebody worse than Venky's if we were sold on. Do you think they will look at the sale of our club as anything more than business when it comes down to it. It will be the highest bidder. The highest bidder will not be our best option as a football club.

Still, keep pelting them with snowballs, that'll help.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think a big problem for BRAG - and any other fan group, is that they need messageboards to enable them to get their message out there. Without the internet the job is almost impossible. So, because of that, they have to, IMO, reconsider how they use the m/b. Getting embroiled in row after row with fans, is only going to harm BRAG, Stuart. You're problem is how to get your message over, without alienating people. You can argue for ever and a day on here about who's right and who's wrong, but that is no good to anyone. You need to reassess how you operate.

Then they should have their own, on their own website.

The use of other message boards and other social media could then be used to direct people to their message board, therefore giving people the choice to read about BRAG and its activities.

The three regular BRAG posters on here do far more harm than good and divert almost every thread to a slanging match by their mere presence. Remove this and you remove much of the bad feelings.

They can leech of other messageboards without paying though.

Aye, fair point.

I am sick of reading tripe like this:

glen9mullan, on 29 Jan 2013 - 05:29, said:snapback.png

This campaign is NOT an Action Group campaign, the idea behind it, is each supporter group/website and town figure head has a say leading upto and after the match. Different voices, different opinions, but united in wanting a well run club.

And then see this:

The BRFC Action Group are today launching the “Back the Badge” Campaign

I get embarrassed reading it so God knows what GM & Co must feel when they continue to write stuff that makes them look plain stupid.

...........now if this was on their own MB, they could spend all day slapping each other on the back and nobody would be in the least bit interested.

What the hell does this mean?

each supporter group/website and town figure head has a say leading upto and after the match

There seems to be a trend here:

1) The Action Group do something or try a new angle

2) They get slagged off to kean while the cleverer ones do their best to catch them out

3) They get blamed for widening the divisions with the fan-base

4) The Action Group take stock - at which point they are accused of being quiet and rumours start

Trouble is, this mentality is only going to make the Action Group listen to others LESS. And who would blame* them "Blamed if they do, blamed if they don't".

They may as well have just carried on with Venkys Out protests even after Kean left - but then they'd have been slated for not giving the new manager a chance.

It'd be great if the feedback could at least be constructive instead of destructive but instead, perhaps because people can't get at Venkys they tear strips off Glen instead.

There are too many "personalities" (who are to bloody minded entrenched in their views) involved with each of the groups and until they learn to work together (or at least communicate constructively) for the good of the club.

Fair play to him, still putting his head above the parapet to be shot at but if I was Glen, I'd have "done a Nicko" long ago...

*ironically I could probably name half a dozen people who would blame them

What about those 10,000 who no longer do?

the only trend is that only you and 1 or 2 others blindly go along with anything gm/ag come up with and try to shout down any individual that questions or criticizes their shenanigans.

the only trend is that only you and 1 or 2 others blindly go along with anything gm/ag come up with and try to shout down any individual that questions or criticizes their shenanigans.

Wrong.

If you look carefully I give them my fair share of criticism and don't always agree with them but I try to provide constructive feedback.

Wrong.

If you look carefully I give them my fair share of criticism and don't always agree with them but I try to provide constructive feedback.

feedback doesn't have to always be constructive(just honest), this is a mb people don't always have time get into every little detail, I for instance just quickly browse through the forum and give my honest gut feeling in response to what whats currently trending(so to speak), i apologise if I've unfairly lumped you with the other 2-3 brag members that come on here to seemingly do only what I mentioned in my last post.

feedback doesn't have to always be constructive(just honest), this is a mb people don't always have time get into every little detail, I for instance just quickly browse through the forum and give my honest gut feeling in response to what whats currently trending(so to speak), i apologise if I've unfairly lumped you with the other 2-3 brag members that come on here to seemingly do only what I mentioned in my last post.

I don't agree with your bit on bold. This is part of the wider problem. People want to criticise but can't or won't offer any alternative.

Apology accepted. I'm not a member of any group, although I am likely to join the Trust at some point as I think it's probably our best long term option.

We are lucky to have for people who care so much about the club that they are prepared to do something about it. It's such a shame that they can't all find a way to work together.

I don't agree with your bit on bold. This is part of the wider problem. People want to criticise but can't or won't offer any alternative.

Apology accepted. I'm not a member of any group, although I am likely to join the Trust at some point as I think it's probably our best long term option.

We are lucky to have for people who care so much about the club that they are prepared to do something about it. It's such a shame that they can't all find a way to work together.

There doesn't need to be an alternative or any action right now that's the point!! things genuinely seem to be coming together at the club, the only issue is that the Venkys are arrogant morons(but as long is they are supporting the manager 100%, then I'm relatively content), any action or divisive schemes now are totally inappropriate and just rocking the boat, as you can see from this thread people just want to be left alone now to support their club in their own individual way(not be patronised by a few jumped up so and so's),

2 years of travesty, neglect, farce and incompetence,

Now let the healing begin.

Please can the action group release a statement highlighting how one would be not backing the badge, then look at their own actions in the past and see if they have been guilty of any of these actions. If needed they should issue an apology, and if not then they should go ahead with the somewhat meaningless campaign.

This is such bad timing. We desperately need a period of calm to allow us to see the impact MA and his team has on our performances at such a vital stage of the season.

BRAG must seek another direction or just announce what their members have suggested to them, and maybe ask the opinion of the members of BRFCS, as, IMO, they are now becoming a big part of the problem.

Having read a few of the LT comments and this thread, I fear BRAG's views are currently not reflected by the majority of fans who visit these sites.

Anyway, off to the MA thread as I need a pick me up!

Not going to happen. And who cares about decent sounding owners? We want decent owners. And we aren't an attractive enough proposition to warrant such interest. We'll likely be sold to somebody worse than Venky's if we were sold on. Do you think they will look at the sale of our club as anything more than business when it comes down to it. It will be the highest bidder. The highest bidder will not be our best option as a football club.

Still, keep pelting them with snowballs, that'll help.

I added the word 'sounding' as the proof of the pudding would be in the eating. A change of ownership to someone apparently decent would create a spike in attendances in the short term and would be sustained if they turned out to be decent in the fullness of time.

Did I say it was going to happen? No.

Did I throw snowballs at Venky's? No

I said those are the two things which would help increase attendances.

Obviously decent results is the more likely to happen in practise.

You post something on here and you can guarantee someone will read something into it that you haven't said.

Then they should have their own, on their own website.

The use of other message boards and other social media could then be used to direct people to their message board, therefore giving people the choice to read about BRAG and its activities.

The three regular BRAG posters on here do far more harm than good and divert almost every thread to a slanging match by their mere presence. Remove this and you remove much of the bad feelings.

If BRAG's claim of having in excess of 8,000 active members is correct, surely they shouldn't have any need to populate other message boards such as this to get their messages across, just use their own media.

I just can't wait for the day when we can again just debate football, bitch and whinge about the ref and opposition and support the team we all love (supposedly).

Venkys have been complete arses to date but we're stuck with them it would appear and need their brass. I think it's about time the fact was accepted, albeit reluctantly, and get back to the basics of supporting the team. Just my opinion and nothing to do with the other @#/?.

The tone from Andy Cryer seems slightly different on this. Wonder if he's a bit miffed at one of his colleagues feeling the wrath of Brag a couple of weeks ago. Just seems to be a little more pointed in his comments, these two in particular stood out for me:

The group, who were behind the early protests against former boss Steve Kean and owners Venky’s, are launching a campaign aimed at packing Ewood for the visit of Ipswich on February 9.
BRAG were criticised by large sections of supporters when they threatened to step up their campaign against owners Venky’s if the appointment of manager Michael Appleton went through.

• Backroom

I think Andy has hinted at his viewpoint a few times but he can't outright come out and say what he feels about it all and is taking a more neutral public stance

There doesn't need to be an alternative or any action right now that's the point!! things genuinely seem to be coming together at the club, the only issue is that the Venkys are arrogant morons(but as long is they are supporting the manager 100%, then I'm relatively content), any action or divisive schemes now are totally inappropriate and just rocking the boat, as you can see from this thread people just want to be left alone now to support their club in their own individual way(not be patronised by a few jumped up so and so's),

2 years of travesty, neglect, farce and incompetence,

Now let the healing begin.

Interesting the kinds of comments after two games unbeaten. We'll see if things are coming together by 11pm Thursday.

But 3 back-to-back defeats and the knives could be out again...

If BRAG's claim of having in excess of 8,000 active members is correct, surely they shouldn't have any need to populate other message boards such as this to get their messages across, just use their own media. I just can't wait for the day when we can again just debate football, bitch and whinge about the ref and opposition and support the team we all love (supposedly). Venkys have been complete arses to date but we're stuck with them it would appear and need their brass. I think it's about time the fact was accepted, albeit reluctantly, and get back to the basics of supporting the team. Just my opinion and nothing to do with the other @#/?.

Why do they not have their own forum on their BRAG website so all their 8000 members can chat with each other rather than using other peoples?

Stuart, there are clearly two sides to this. My view has always been to back the club whatever or whoever runs it. That is not something I can alter so be it. Your negative stance is always the easiest because if it goes well, you just say that you were being cautious, it goes bad and whey hey I was right.

Archived