[Archived] Has BRAG served its purpose?

Stuart

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chaddy you could say all the fans could see the info

But they have to find it out for themselves as BRAG did

True.

but if you sign up to the BRAG membership then you should be allow to see maybe summary(5 or 6 page) of the info and documents that prove this.

True.

but if you sign up to the BRAG membership then you should be allow to see maybe summary(5 or 6 page) of the info and documents that prove this.

You don't sign up to the Action Group to access their information, you sign up because you want to support their cause.

Well I've reread it! I'd have to say that, if you'e correct, its an even more obscure attempt than mine!

You must know enough about Philip's posting history to give him the benefit of the doubt. I reckon you were both on the same page.

thats my point.

if you support their cause you should if you want to see this info.

its just an idea. thats all.

I'll give you that one.

I'm surprised it's not leaked out - or maybe it already has but has been dismissed as rumour and fiction...

If for the time being thr Mail cannot publish, why is BRFCS or any other supporter organ able to publish?

I'm surprised it's not leaked out - or maybe it already has but has been dismissed as rumour and fiction...

You could be close to the truth

All this "I know something you don't know" is the crux of the issue why people take a dislike to The Action Group and Glen in particular. It is probably a little bit of jealousy but I've spoken to him a couple of times and the conversation has always turned to how during the Williams era he knew about transfers in/out before most of the staff did. He seemed to enjoy telling me he knew more the current situation than I did and all would be revealed in time. I last spoke to him over a year ago and we are no nearer.

His blog the other month, when he said he would release more info over time, screamed "look at me, I know more than the rest of you". If there is info lets get it out in the open. There are a million conspiracy stories out there. It's time all the people in the know get the info out there. Unless of course people just like knowing what us regular Joes don't.

I think it's been stated before that there is information included that was only given on the understanding that it would only be viewed by the authorities, so I don't think it will be made public in full. Whether certain authorities use this information to get to the truth or just cover arses is any ones guess, but no doubt income streams and old boys club ties are far more important than a small Northern football club.

It's really up to the politicians and investigative journalists to push this to a conclusion as I have absolutely no faith in the FA , the Premier League gravy train or the football league to do anything that is in the interests of the supporters of the game whilst there is still food in the trough.

Agree with that bit Philip, but what about the info that is kept from the rest?

Surely that would change a lot of minds about BRAG and its raison d'etre?

BRAG has info that most fans havent seen but should!!!

All fans have a right to see the info

Without being critical of you for not attending anyone who took the trouble to attend the last BRAG open meeting (many months ago now) has a damned good idea of the contents.

Without being critical of you for not attending anyone who took the trouble to attend the last BRAG open meeting (many months ago now) has a damned good idea of the contents.

when was this???

I'd have to look it up but late May / June 2012 at a guess. Getting old, memory is what it was!!!

So, is he close to the truth or is he not? How close is he?

Could he be a million miles away from the truth?

TBH Philip, sick of posts like that which add NOTHING to the Board.

If you've nothing to say please don't say it.

So, is he close to the truth or is he not? How close is he?Could he be a million miles away from the truth?

By the same measure of the post you are complaining about:

You could be a bit of a pedantic troll

Ok to spell it out.

As Paul says, Brag were very open at their meeting and as has just been suggested several of the allegations have appeared on this message board in one guise or another then rubbished by the non Itk, the ostrich tendency and my personal fan club.

There are other allegations which have not yet appeared on here and I suspect there is material Nick Harris now has which would suprise the BRAG team and everyone else including myself.

I don't think anybody would be surprised if it were the case that the lawyers of somebody not to be named would have been extremely hard working in the last several weeks doing their utmost to make sure the press inches are absolutely minimised.

So, is he close to the truth or is he not? How close is he?

Could he be a million miles away from the truth?

Stuart is correct parts of the BRAG dossier are out there already and have been dismissed by people. I don't pretend to know all of it but I certainly know parts.

The problem now though is people have become tired of the reaction to the titbits that are posted and secondly making a definitive statement leaves people open to legal action.

I wouldn't post what I've heard firstly to protect individuals and secondly I don't need the hassle from those who won't accept information is genuinely given.

Ok to spell it out.

As Paul says, Brag were very open at their meeting and as has just been suggested several of the allegations have appeared on this message board in one guise or another then rubbished by the non Itk, the ostrich tendency and my personal fan club.

There are other allegations which have not yet appeared on here and I suspect there is material Nick Harris now has which would suprise the BRAG team and everyone else including myself.

I don't think anybody would be surprised if it were the case that the lawyers of somebody not to be named would have been extremely hard working in the last several weeks doing their utmost to make sure the press inches are absolutely minimised.

Phillip this cleverly worded piece doesn't actually spell anything out. Words like suggested, suspect and allegations are fairly meaningless. Until allegations and suspicions are proved they remain exactly that. The F.A. and the Premier League have not acted and nobody in the media has actually spelt out what the Action Group may or may not have included in the files. Because people want hard evidence does not make them some ostrich tendency. It merely means that some require evidence rather than speculation before coming to conclusions. In a world of litigation I can fully understand why nobody is prepared to spell out what they may or may not suspect but equally the constant drip, drip of conspiracy theories is beginning to wear a little thin. Things are not always black and white there are various shades of grey and we have seen with certain multinational companies and tax that whilst some actions may be questionable they are are not always illegal.

The authorities have been sitting on these files for over six months now and yet we have seen no action. Clearly there must be a reason for the inaction for if the information was beyond doubt the authorities would surely have acted for fear of it being made public and them being accused of ignoring it.

Archived