SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has BRAG served its purpose?

Stuart

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parsonblue.

People are at liberty to read my post without the words you underlined.

He appears to have highlighted the specific points which he was addressing below. Nothing wrong with making his point clearer and more accesibble.

Parsonblue.

People are at liberty to read my post without the words you underlined.

As Plastics has explained I underlined certain words to illustrate that so far everything that has been put forward in a way to suggest it is fact is, at this moment in time, only speculation. When hard facts are put forward then the debate will change but at the moment the debate surrounds speculation and rumour and nothing more.

• 8 months later...

Instead of ruining the Rovers Trust thread, I thought I'd ask my questions in search of appropriate answers.

Stuart mentioned in the Rovers Trust thread that they are a community group, however we already have the official group so why do they not work in conjunction with them?

He then went on to ask whether the Official Community Trust ask questions to the owners about the running of the club. My response to that was the Official Fans Forum does that.

So what is the point of BRAG? I don't want an essay. Just a simple and concise answer will suffice.

For example, I believe that the Rovers Trust would like part ownership of the club and be involved in the key decisions. Correct me if I am wrong.

I like to think of the Action Group like a local fire brigade.

You don't always need them, or maybe just to rescue some kid whose got his head stuck in the railings, but when you really do need them, you are bloody glad they are around.

For the members BRAG is whatever they want it to be. For everyone else its none of their business and personally, I'm sick of their detractors' obsession.

I thought we'd grow out of this once Rovers Fan disappeared.

For the members BRAG is whatever they want it to be. For everyone else its none of their business and personally, I'm sick of their detractors' obsession.

I thought we'd grow out of this once Rovers Fan disappeared.

Nothing to grow out of. I just don't know why they exist and still waiting for a short and concise reason.

Not sure on the membership front Stuart. I thought it was £10 like the RT?

Unless you're a member they don't really owe you an explanation - nor do I know why you seem to care so much? Does their existence adversely effect you somehow?

I know.

Same old folk on here (clearly with a mini agenda) with the same old boring questions - Zzzzzz

Unless you're a member they don't really owe you an explanation - nor do I know why you seem to care so much? Does their existence adversely effect you somehow?

I genuinely would like to know. I care because they use the Blackburn Rovers brand image. How they use it is of concern to me.

I'm not a member, but if I seem to think it is worthwhile, then I will happily join. Same way I have joined other memberships.

• Backroom

I genuinely would like to know. I care because they use the Blackburn Rovers brand image. How they use it is of concern to me.

I'm not a member, but if I seem to think it is worthwhile, then I will happily join. Same way I have joined other memberships.

Other than the usual suspects on here nobody else seems too bothered, so I wouldn't let it worry you.

if you're genuinely interested go here - http://www.brfcactiongroup.co.uk/about-brfc-action-group/

Scroll to the bottom and voila, there's your answer.

Other than the usual suspects on here nobody else seems too bothered, so I wouldn't let it worry you.

if you're genuinely interested go here - http://www.brfcactiongroup.co.uk/about-brfc-action-group/

Scroll to the bottom and voila, there's your answer.

I have read that but then I ask, if they would like to serve the community why are they not working with the Official Community Trust?

Also, I saw this:

Our aim as a group is to be the guardians who protect and sustain the heritage and the fabric, of which our proud football club was built upon in 1875.

Why were they not actively looking to make Ewood a valued community asset, like the Rovers Trust?

I understand they don't have money to buy Ewood if it was ever sold, but then Stuart mentioned them being there when crap hits the fan. What can they do?

They cannot force Venky's out as they don't have the financial needs. Surely it would make sense for both groups to merge and work as one. This way we have a group that works for the community and actively looking to have a stake within the club.

Has this been considered by either group, if so then why has it not happened?

I think there needs to be a sense of all fans being involved and having a part to play in supporting the club in whatever positive way they can - attending matches etc. With this in mind I don't think having groups within the fan-base are helpful - unless the one item on their agenda is the coordination and support of the effort to fill Ewood and cheer on the team as we try and cultivate our slim chance of getting promoted this year.

If they all genuinley have rovers best interest at heart and are not fuelling their own power trips and ego's, then there really is no reason why all groups cant merge to form 1 group.

Until that point they all lose a bit of credibility imo

If they all genuinley have rovers best interest at heart and are not fuelling their own power trips and ego's, then there really is no reason why all groups cant merge to form 1 group.

Until that point they all lose a bit of credibility imo

Precisely.

• Backroom

I have read that but then I ask, if they would like to serve the community why are they not working with the Official Community Trust?

Also, I saw this:

Our aim as a group is to be the guardians who protect and sustain the heritage and the fabric, of which our proud football club was built upon in 1875.

Why were they not actively looking to make Ewood a valued community asset, like the Rovers Trust?

I understand they don't have money to buy Ewood if it was ever sold, but then Stuart mentioned them being there when crap hits the fan. What can they do?

They cannot force Venky's out as they don't have the financial needs. Surely it would make sense for both groups to merge and work as one. This way we have a group that works for the community and actively looking to have a stake within the club.

Has this been considered by either group, if so then why has it not happened?

Have you thought about e-mailing the action group with these questions? Whenever I've sent them an e-mail the response has been pretty quick.

Archived