BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has BRAG served its purpose?

Stuart

I would strongly dispute that Al. Fans are welcome to attend the Fans Forum 'pre-meet' and if they like what we are about and there is a vacancy then they are more than welcome to ask to join. Unelected - again incorrect. We now annually appoint a Chair, Vice Chair and Secretary and these elections will happen after the next meeting later this month. Super fans - again incorrect. We are a diverse rage of people and you can find out more about the people on the forum at http://www.roversfansforum.co.uk/who

:rover:

Elected amongst yourselves and how often is there a vacancy? Don't get me wrong I have met several members of the FF and they seem to be decent people but it is still very much of a closed shop run mainly by the people who run this forum. Hence super fans.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elected amongst yourselves and how often is there a vacancy? Don't get me wrong I have met several members of the FF and they seem to be decent people but it is still very much of a closed shop run mainly by the people who run this forum. Hence super fans.

We don't have a membership so what criteria would stipulate for the right to vote? Up until this year we didn't even have annual elections, a website or social media presence so I'd say that we are moving in the right direction with regards to that. Just had a quick flick through the minutes and during 2013 4 people have left for different reasons - some long standing, some less so - so that is nearly 20% of the positions becoming available in the last 12 months - not bad for a closed shop. ;)

There are three 'official' positions within the forum - Chair, Vice Chair and Secretary and to my knowledge this year was the first time that somebody with a position of 'power' on this board has held any of those positions, so I think its a bit harsh to say that the FF is run by the same people who run this website!

To be fair to the FF. These kinds of committee-led, voluntary organisations are usually perceived as self-serving, closed shops because it's the same small group of interested individuals who are left by everyone else to keep things going.

Often they simply don't have the time or energy to expand and can become very disillusioned by the lack of interest to get involved and help, whilst people queue up to criticise or bemoan the lack of value.

If people want more out of the FF, those same individuals need to start putting something in. Go along to a pre-meet and help to shape the debate. I'm sure Glenn, Andy and co would be DELIGHTED to have you! :tu:

To be fair to the FF. These kinds of committee-led, voluntary organisations are usually perceived as self-serving, closed shops because it's the same small group of interested individuals who are left by everyone else to keep things going.

Often they simply don't have the time or energy to expand and can become very disillusioned by the lack of interest to get involved and help, whilst people queue up to criticise or bemoan the lack of value.

If people want more out of the FF, those same individuals need to start putting something in. Go along to a pre-meet and help to shape the debate. I'm sure Glenn, Andy and co would be DELIGHTED to have you! :tu:

Even if you don't have time to go along to a pre-meet there is always an opportunity to request that an issue is discussed and brought up at the main meeting with the club. There is usually a thread posted up on here aswell as the FF Facebook and Twitter pages. There is now also a link on the new website. If it was a closed shop there would be no effort to try and engage with fellow fans.

We don't have a membership so what criteria would stipulate for the right to vote? Up until this year we didn't even have annual elections, a website or social media presence so I'd say that we are moving in the right direction with regards to that. Just had a quick flick through the minutes and during 2013 4 people have left for different reasons - some long standing, some less so - so that is nearly 20% of the positions becoming available in the last 12 months - not bad for a closed shop. ;)

There are three 'official' positions within the forum - Chair, Vice Chair and Secretary and to my knowledge this year was the first time that somebody with a position of 'power' on this board has held any of those positions, so I think its a bit harsh to say that the FF is run by the same people who run this website!

I don't want to sound too critical of the FF because I believe that they do a pretty good job overall but I do believe that the more influential members run both FF and this forum. I would quote SteB and Glenn as a for instance. Is Tom M a member of both too? I don't want to alienate anyone so I won't say much more but maybe a vote on here for new members would reach a wider audience.

I struggle to see how Ste or Glenn exert much influence on this messageboard. I think the last time they regularly posted Souness was still manager!

Come on Bob that's not right. They still have the power to ban posters if they wish. Not saying any more on the subject of it could happen to me.

• Backroom

Come on Bob that's not right. They still have the power to ban posters if they wish. Not saying any more on the subject of it could happen to me.

Sorry Al, but this is ridiculous. If anything these forums are too lenient!

Sorry Al, but this is ridiculous. If anything these forums are too lenient!

Guilty of not using a smiley. :( Surely it was obviously tongue in cheek. Bob spotted it.

I struggle to see how Ste or Glenn exert much influence on this messageboard. I think the last time they regularly posted Souness was still manager!

I don't wish to sound contentious but I agree.

I think it's ridiculous that there is such a forthright opinion on certain matters that warrant an instant ban, there is no apparent passion to keep TROLS in check or an effort to appease genuine, worthwhile posters. Is that why they've all buggered off?

• Backroom

There is a passion to keep trolls in check but we don't ban people just for having a differing opinion which it seems people want sometimes, certain posters are now on last warnings and others have been banned permanently recently

We encourage people to report anything that they think warrants attention to help us out because its easy to miss things

• Moderation Lead

There is a passion to keep trolls in check but we don't ban people just for having a differing opinion which it seems people want sometimes, certain posters are now on last warnings and others have been banned permanently recently

We encourage people to report anything that they think warrants attention to help us out because its easy to miss things

True, but the way blue and white rover posts, particularly in the ashes thread, then plays the victim when people call him on it is infuriating.

Though I suspect he's as aware as the rest of us just how much of a bell end he's being.....

• Backroom

Yeh he's had a couple of bans and a last warning from Ste

I must admit to not reading the ashes thread since the ashes itself which is why we do rely on the report function to help us

True, but the way blue and white rover posts, particularly in the ashes thread, then plays the victim when people call him on it is infuriating.

Though I suspect he's as aware as the rest of us just how much of a bell end he's being.....

No need for personal insults. I hope Tom M will ban you just like I was banned for insulting another member on the board.

Also, you will find all of my posts since my final warning in the Ashes Thread have been perfectly legitimate. Jim was the only one to construct a proper reply and it's always good reading his opinion. Unfortunately, it's people like yourself that ruin the thread by moaning and not posting anything constructive.

Archived