BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Football Club v Bristol City Football Club – Saturday 2nd February 2013 – Kick Off – 3pm

Sadly, after a couple of drinks on a Friday, I get optimistic and start looking forward to the game. Then I go to sleep & wake up to reality....hard earned 1-0, 2-1 win?

It should be interesting tomorrow to see from the Ewood faithful if there is any positivity left over from Appleton appointment after what happened with yesterdays shambles.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I'm trying to go positive (as always) and struggling a bit. But tbh, we're pretty much the same team as we were last week and we did bloody well.

And the Campbell and Thomas deals could still happen via loan and summer purchase?

Put it this way, a win 2moz will cheer me up no end.

Tony Robinson (from Blackadder) was a regular visitor on match-days.

I didn't know that; I hate that man. I live in Bath these days, and a few years ago Time Team came to dig up a patch of land near my old house. The area they displaced in front of the Royal Crescent was repaired within days, but the bit 200m behind that, where they turfed up a huge swathe of grass and murdered a gorgeous old conker tree, was never properly repaired. Although the local pub put up signs saying 'welcome Time Team crew', they never even bothered showing up. The @#/?s found nothing. If he ever shows his face again, I will bury Tony Robinson there.

So anything that Robinson is even vaguely connected with, I hope it gets beaten 6-0.

On second thoughts I notice as we are playing City that lots of Zumerset based Rovers fans are posting. Maybe we could get together and car share to get to Blackburn games or is this already done? Well I say lots but at least M-K and Somerset Rover.

As a light note I was sitting in a local one night when we were in the Prem watching Rovers play, I think it was Villa, and we scored. There were only a few people watching, some without much interest, and on doing the usual "Yes!" I heard a chap say to his mate.

"There you go, I told you that you weren't the only Blackburn fan. Now cheer up!"

• Backroom

We suddenly have no options for the right wing, I'd be tempted to put CKR there but he looked much better up front with Rhodes

Looks like it will be Pedersen on the right and Marcus Olsson on the left for the foreseeable then

Likely team

Kean

Orr Dann Hanley Olsson

Pedersen Lowe Murphy Olsson 2

Rhodes CKR

Usai, Goodwillie, Kane, Gomes, Nunes, Dunn, R Hanley?

Thanks Venkys

As predicted this is the team

Uninspiring but looked good v Brighton

Archived