BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Football Club v Bristol City Football Club – Saturday 2nd February 2013 – Kick Off – 3pm

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No chance we'll keep Rhodes next season, as soon as the offer comes in he'll be off and who can blame him?, he's Premiership standard.

Looking at the table there's one playoff place up for grabs i think, 7 points is possible to close down but the other three teams above Boro are looking out of reach to me, 11 points is a very big ask to catch now. It looks like a case of being the best out of nine teams which have a chance of getting that final playoff place, it's going to be tricky.

• Backroom

Not sensational but a good win tro great goals from JR and strong performances from Mary Kate and Ashley, Orr and Pedersen

Central midfield still poor mind you

Appy days!

Think Rhodes chose to play for Scotland a little prematurely.

Did he Kean, t'was a wise choice.

Appleton is well known for getting his squads fit.

You really can't improve fitness levels that much in one week. More likely better organised, motivated and that he's getting into their heads about how he wants them to play. The Psychology will have changed and so performance levels will increase, not fitness per say.

Easy win today. Some will say its only Bristol City and we should win easily. But, in my view, how many times have we beaten weak teams easy this season? Very few.

I think there`s 2 play off places available. Boro are sinking and I expect Palace to fall. We 11 behind Palace with a game in hand, plus we still have to play them at Ewood, and they`ve got Watford and Boro in their next 2 games. A lot to do but at least it keeps the interest in this season alive for a bit longer.

Really enjoyed today. It took a whole for the atmosphere to get going, probably the first goal to be honest, but there was little to complain about today.

100% from all the players and they were solid. Special mention for Hanley who did very well throughout.

Rhodes just became our only real spark of excitement in a workman like team. As long as he is fit we are happy. If we lose him for any period we may struggle. If we can hokey-cokey-loan DJ and Goodwillie then we have back up but he is massive for us.

Really enjoyed today. It took a whole for the atmosphere to get going, probably the first goal to be honest, but there was little to complain about today.

100% from all the players and they were solid. Special mention for Hanley who did very well throughout.

Rhodes just became our only real spark of excitement in a workman like team. As long as he is fit we are happy. If we lose him for any period we may struggle. If we can hokey-cokey-loan DJ and Goodwillie then we have back up but he is massive for us.

When DJ and Thomas come in they will be sparks as well. King is also a big spark. Appleton likes to keep it simple - win the ball back and get it out wide to the wingers.

Returned to full training yesterday I believe.

He did indeed, there's an interview on RoversPlayer talking about his situation. I imagine it will be 2-3 weeks before he makes his way onto the bench, depending on how he copes in reserve games

Archived