BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we would want to start gathering a bit of steam in the next few hours to avoid this being a more depressing situation than it already is...im sure the loan signings will come next week...

whats the latest on Kazim, does he even want a permanent move to ewood?

• Backroom

Tbh with you, Williamson could be what we need in our current situation. The release from Portsmouth seems to suggest more of a 'wage cull' than any detriment to his ability. It'd help if we knew what his game was. Eg: is he a midfield ball-winner or box-to-box (what we need) or yet another attacking player?

Williamson was one of the mainstays in Sheffield United's team last season in their run to the playoffs. Not sure how he has been at Portsmouth this year, but I know a number of Sheffield United fans who were very disappointed he left last season, and believe it was more down to contractual reasons than ability. I wouldn't say he was top of my list of players but I wouldn't mind seeing him at Rovers. He'd fit in with what looks to be our formation system as he fits the traditional wingers mould.

• Backroom

Latest appears to be

Outgoings

Robbo to west ham in doubt as Robbo wants his contract paying up apparently even though he'd be collecting a wage at west ham

Rosado to Benfica is possible but not certain

Simon to Nicosia is now off apparently (happy if he stays and plays but don't want him here and being paid for nothing)

In:

Baptiste - bid rejected by Blackpool

Thomas - potentially coming in

Would be happy with those two plus a midfielder that can tackle

Think he plays both tbh. Wiki states he's a 'left winger but can also play centrally'. Oh bollcoks :P

He's definitely a winger. He's one of those right footed players that plays on the left wing.

I've never seen him play on the right but I see no reason why he wouldn't be able to.

Robbo to west ham in doubt as Robbo wants his contract paying up apparently even though he'd be collecting a wage at west ham

Very greedy if that's the case.

Is it definitely the full contract he's after or just this "loyalty bonus" that seems to be in most players contract whereby they are due a payment if they leave the club but didn't ask for a transfer.

Very greedy if that's the case.

Is it definitely the full contract he's after or just this "loyalty bonus" that seems to be in most players contract whereby they are due a payment if they leave the club but didn't ask for a transfer.

Can you blame him? The club suddenly dropped him and decided to get rid. Most players with some time left to run on their deals would do the same.

Rovers have handled the Robinson situation pretty badly imo.

Can you blame him? The club suddenly dropped him and decided to get rid. Most players with some time left to run on their deals would do the same.

Not the whole contract. We needn't involve a buying club if we're paying the whole contract up, we can pay that up at any time and get rid.

Archived