BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well after seeing a MoM performance albeit for just 45 mins you might be made to eat your words soon. I certainly hope so. That was the best debut by a player who joined the club the same day since Colin Hendry in the FM Cup in '87.

Apart from Alan Shearer's?

Cryer is saying he cannot see Jones joining us permanently in the summer. Doesnt think he'll join a championship club.

I'd be surprised by that. I don't see the point of bringing in a player on loan if it they are unlikely to join us permanently for next season. It's all about planning for next season now.

Which is my point exactly about signing to many loan players. Most of them aren't interested in the cause. It may work for other teams, but it won't for US, because stability is needed at this club. 15 reliable, hard working, wanting to play for the badge, players, whom will be here for a full season and really wanting to win promotion. We are different to any other club in this league, we NEED stability.

Which is my point exactly about signing to many loan players. Most of them aren't interested in the cause. It may work for other teams, but it won't for US, because stability is needed at this club. 15 reliable, hard working, wanting to play for the badge, players, whom will be here for a full season and really wanting to win promotion. We are different to any other club in this league, we NEED stability.

But that's exactly what Appleton has done. We've played the same players match in match out and clearly there are issues surrounding their hard work, desire to play for the badge. Maybe some can be turned but the more players we have who want to make an impression the better the chances others within our current squad will follow. Players not playing at another club, which is normal will most likely have that and will want to do well as Jones displayed on saturday. Trouble is if we say 50% of our squad or the more senior players causing issues then others will follow suit and they'll have supporters in the dressing room and they'll stick together and talk. I wouldn't go mad on the loans but I don't blame him for doing what he is no more aspects have been illuminated.

Dave Jones is out of contract in the summer. so might sign permanent for us in summer

He'll want big wages so we'll have to get rid of some useless feckers first. Plenty to go at with the biggest earners first to walk the plank although it might take some 'unusual' methods to persuade them to do so. .... anybody know where we can get some horses heads?

But that's exactly what Appleton has done. We've played the same players match in match out and clearly there are issues surrounding their hard work, desire to play for the badge. Maybe some can be turned but the more players we have who want to make an impression the better the chances others within our current squad will follow. Players not playing at another club, which is normal will most likely have that and will want to do well as Jones displayed on saturday. Trouble is if we say 50% of our squad or the more senior players causing issues then others will follow suit and they'll have supporters in the dressing room and they'll stick together and talk. I wouldn't go mad on the loans but I don't blame him for doing what he is no more aspects have been illuminated.

We need players in who are not used to losing every week, the sort of players that don't let their heads drop at the first sign of difficulty. Our old lot have had two years of struggling and they've got used to quitting when the going gets tough.

Try calling those companies making lasagna...should have som leftovers that could be put to good use B)

Unlikely. Those heads will be processed into 'mechanically recovered meat' and used in burgers / sausages / salame / kebabs / meat spreads until only the bare skull is left. The unequal strength of supermarket purchasing power renders that as the profit margin for the processors. We are what we eat.

Would David Jones command a high wage, really? Don't know much about him but the guy has been in and out of Wigan and Wolves sides in the past, however that is not to say I don't think he is a good player, especially for this division. Look at the players Hull have got, the likes of Robert Koren are solid championship players but aren't cut out for the prem, that is generally the way this league works...you need that type of player, not the Danny Murphys of this world who are living on past glories and reputation.

He'll want big wages so we'll have to get rid of some useless feckers first. Plenty to go at with the biggest earners first to walk the plank although it might take some 'unusual' methods to persuade them to do so. .... anybody know where we can get some horses heads?

Tescos

• Backroom

It's in LET that David Jones and Cameron Stewart are 'playing for our future's here' :) good to see tbh. Good luck to them both. If their 45-min debuts are anything to go off, the contracts better get written up.

Norwegian international Ruben Y Jenssen is training with rovers this week. Not sure if this is a formal trial or not, but he plays center midfield. Potential summer transfer?

Any of our Norweigian friends on here able to tell us what this chap is like? Style of play etc? If he can pass further than two yards and run around a bit he'd be a decent upgrade on Murphy and E-poo-hu.

Any of our Norweigian friends on here able to tell us what this chap is like? Style of play etc? If he can pass further than two yards and run around a bit he'd be a decent upgrade on Murphy and E-poo-hu.

He ain't a goalscoring midfielder, that's for sure. 3 goals in almost 160 apps for Tromso.

Ruben Yttergård Jensen: Good engine, can pass a football to a teammate, will get stuck in if needed. Has done alright for Norway when called upon. Would be a marked improvement on the midfielders we currently have on our books. I'd be surprised if we get him, as I feel he can do a job on an even higher level than the Championship, but MGP and King might convince him to come.

Archived