BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What's your biggest fear?

I've got two:

Dying and flying. I'm not quite sure whether the relationship between the two is rooted in their rhyming with one another, but dying is definitely a sub-section within flying.

What're your fears? How've you combatted them?

Come on, we're all friends here!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A group of clueless, third world businessmen actually buying Rovers. Turning the club into a laughing stock, alienating all the fans, selling all the best players, appointing a series of inept managers, getting the club relegated and asset stripping before they f*^* off during the night.

Now that would be a nightmare

• Backroom

Bit deep this - and probably an obvious one:

Not being able to provide for my family.

Oh yeah good one thats a constant worry at present with the amount of jobs that seem to be going left right and centre!

I have a fear of flesh being pierced by knives. I used to be petrified of needles but I'm not as bad anymore.

I'm not afraid of death, although the idea of the world and life just continuing does freak me out a bit, but I am afraid of it in relation to my family.

Large spiders.

Nothing that the bottom of a thong (flipflops to those north of the equator) couldn't solve.

Actually, as I got older I realised fears come and go.

Used to go climbing, now hights bother me.

I developed and then got over claustrophobia.

Death is no longer a concern, I have a greater worry over missing out on new technology, and not being able to do the things that I haven't managed yet.

• Backroom

Death doesn't actually frighten me at all. Not sure why, it just doesn't. If I was a Christian or a Muslim I'd be absolutely petrified of dying, mind.

I've always had a bit of an irrational fear of moths. No idea why, just hate them. Aliens (as in the outer space kind) illogically creep me out massively as well.

Iv'e got two Mice /Rats, scare me to death and go into a blind panic when I see one, verging on a phobia can't even watch em on tele, the other is dwarves and midgets especially their fingers.

Now if I ever come across a mouse or rat with dwarf hands think I'd collapse of an heart attack

Come to think of it, a pretty big fear of mine atmo is not getting a job once I'm done at uni in May.

Surely thats a worry, not a fear in terms of a phobia?

Mines heights, ironic in some ways as I'm 6'4.

• Backroom

Surely thats a worry, not a fear in terms of a phobia?

Mines heights, ironic in some ways as I'm 6'4.

Indeed, but still a scary thought that I could be lumbered in the same bracket as no-mark scrotes who don't want to work and treated as such by the govt.

Heights is understandable but all relative imo. When it's one of the few phobias we have with evolutionary benefits, I find it slightly odd to call it a phobia as we're all scared of heights to some degree surely?

Apart from Felix Whatshisname.

Archived