BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAZZA

ABBEY

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A really sad and shocking video of a genuine football icon.

Fame & fortune is the downfall of many talented people. Booze is the best friend of those in a crisis.

I have personal experience of this with my alcholic Dad. He's has Korsakoffs syndrome through drinking.

Sadly looks like Gazza is beyond recovery.

Just remind me, was it 1990 or 1970 when he played for England. I loved this guy as a kid but jeez he looks about 70.

Really sad. You have to wonder who is dragging him to these sportsmans dinner type gigs.

I don't think he'll be with us much longer.

Very sad images but at the end of the day the only person who can beat this self-destructive addiction is yourself. I'm sure over the years Gazza has been offered some of the best help around and despite a number of 'rock bottom' moments he hasn't been able to wake up. Tis a shame and no doubt what's left of him is being exploited by his agent.

I refuse to watch that video. Not even clicking the link as it's all monitored for their sponsors.

May be useful to raise awareness for addiction but it would appear some around him don't have this at the forefront of their mind at all times.

Maybe it is too late for him, but this video being released will do very little to help him.

Sad to see but I find it extremely hard to have any sympathy for him. I feel sorry for his family having to watch him pretty much die infront of them from something he brought on himself.

Didn't he hit his wife or something once?

Sad to see obviously but with all the innocent people suffering in the world, I don't feel too bad in all honestly, more so for his family.

• Backroom

Nae bothered I'm afraid. Cracking player but there are people going through the same thing he is (and worse) with no chance of help. He's had plenty of chances and buggered them up.

Before I clicked on this thread honestly thought this might be a story about how Venkys were going to hire him in some capacity...

In the interestes of taste and decency, I hope nobody makes any suggestions...

I imagine he's hit the bottle again mainly through boredom. He has a child like personality and can't keep himself entertained. If he didn't keep messing up the chances his ex gave him he would be happy with her though.

He's had some terrible experiences in life like watching his best friend get run over as a child, hopefully he will get the help he needs and sort himself out once and for all this time.

• Backroom

Before I clicked on this thread honestly thought this might be a story about how Venkys were going to hire him in some capacity...

If I'm totally honest, and its sad to say, when I saw the title I presumed he had died.

What do you mean when you say this?

They get money each click. It's why there is a rise of outrageous columns on newspaper websites such as the Daily Mail. They turn out contentious and sometimes offensive tripe, alongside their misogyny and flesh in order to get more viewers and therefore more sponsor money. It's known as click bait.

Edit - I'm not interested in watching a man having a breakdown so they can get more sponsor money which I doubt they will use to help people like Gazza who have problems.

They get money each click. It's why there is a rise of outrageous columns on newspaper websites such as the Daily Mail. They turn out contentious and sometimes offensive tripe, alongside their misogyny and flesh in order to get more viewers and therefore more sponsor money. It's known as click bait.

Did not know that.

Did not know that.

It's got to a stage where you get the actual columnists becoming trolls.

You get people like Samantha Brick exploiting it and coming out with rubbish when they see the success of previous articles that have achieved high user volumes.

It's not the kind of journalism I would wish to support.

Archived