BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean apologist wins inaugural Brian Woolnough writers award

Just asked Matt Lawton on twitter why his good mate Steve Kean hasn't been offered a managers job nearly 6 months after leaving Rovers, and he said maybe he's taking time out after all the abuse Rovers fans gave him!! Oh dear

Erm, if that's the case why was his hat thrown in the ring for the Blackpool and Scotland jobs? Presumably against his will?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a reply off Mall Lawton saying ' i crack him up, im a schoolyard bully and i need to get a life'

I only asked him why Kean hadnt got a job yet and that Lancs Police said Kean had never received threats.

Just asked Matt Lawton on twitter why his good mate Steve Kean hasn't been offered a managers job nearly 6 months after leaving Rovers, and he said maybe he's taking time out after all the abuse Rovers fans gave him!! Oh dear

And he won an award? Disappointing.

A bit disparaging to the award if any old lazy journalism can win it. One can only assume he wrote some great non-Rovers-related pieces. (Or middle-class blogs, eh, Braddock?)

Nick Harris is far more deserving but he's never sat, guffawing and back-slapping it matey-style, it Jimmy Hill's kitchen-diner, I bet. :rolleyes:

Guest Norbert

90% of these 'journalists' are overgrown cokehead schoolboys more interested in tittle tattle and whether player X and Y hate each other and so on. They're all just really upset as the newspapers have been brought to book over all the dirty tricks they got up to.

And he won an award? Disappointing.

A bit disparaging to the award if any old lazy journalism can win it. One can only assume he wrote some great non-Rovers-related pieces. (Or middle-class blogs, eh, Braddock?)

Nick Harris is far more deserving but he's never sat, guffawing and back-slapping it matey-style, it Jimmy Hill's kitchen-diner, I bet. :rolleyes:

I don't see what class has to do with the matter. I'm mainly interested in science, feminist, trans/feminst, sports and music blogs. I'm talking about the quality of the content, not the class of people it affects. There are good blogs and bad blogs but if you're putting it out there as a serious platform, or if you have it easily accessible and traceable to you whilst having a separate serious platform then you are doing yourself a disservice.

I presume you meant Plastics when you said Braddock.

What a horrible piece of stats!! I'd love a job at bbc if that's the standard you have to get to.

I wouldn't get too bent up over it, by that logic, David Nugent is England's best ever goalscorer.

Kean doing well in the league table: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21372441

First and foremost he should be 5th by virtue of games played in comparison with the others on 2.00 points per game. For that injustice I'd give him another .10 of a point. Then for our fans behaviour, occasionally being vocal about his ineptitude and sheer crassness, I'd give him another .10 of a point per game. Chuck in another .10 of a point for his dignity in picking up a wage and dismantling a Premier league squad in little to no time and we're nearly there. Perhaps .10 of a point for playing like a big bag of @#/? and still picking up points anyone? Yeah, why not, he deserves it this guy. Finally another .10 of a point for signing his agents son, comparing him to Chris Smalling and keeping a straight face at the same time.

The mans clearly the best there is out there and I'd personally like to thank the BBC, if they happen to be reading this, for pointing out what a great manager he is. It's astounding why he's still unemployed/able. What do you say Braddock?

First and foremost he should be 5th by virtue of games played in comparison with the others on 2.00 points per game. For that injustice I'd give him another .10 of a point. Then for our fans behaviour, occasionally being vocal about his ineptitude and sheer crassness, I'd give him another .10 of a point per game. Chuck in another .10 of a point for his dignity in picking up a wage and dismantling a Premier league squad in little to no time and we're nearly there. Perhaps .10 of a point for playing like a big bag of @#/? and still picking up points anyone? Yeah, why not, he deserves it this guy. Finally another .10 of a point for signing his agents son, comparing him to Chris Smalling and keeping a straight face at the same time.

The mans clearly the best there is out there and I'd personally like to thank the BBC, if they happen to be reading this, for pointing out what a great manager he is. It's astounding why he's still unemployed/able. What do you say Braddock?

I don't agree with any of it. Given that 5th-9th averaged 2 points a game and two managers have managed less games I'd say he's positioned correctly in the pointless table.

Guest Norbert

I do wonder if certain 'journalists' have close relationships with agents, whereby they get 'exclusive' interviews, transfer gossip etc. in return for publicising the availability of their clients and bigging them up when they're out of work. Oh, and maybe a bit of cash.

What am I saying? The newspapers never have such relationships with agents, policemen, politicians or have ever conducted illegal acts. You'd be a fool or a Communist to think otherwise.

The fact that someone like Nixon gets column inches in a nation rag, even one as bad as The Mirror shows the incredibly low standard of journalism needed.

There never was a more popular member on here than what nicko was for a few years. The site used to shut down regularly thanks to his 11 o clock specials.

Funny how things change.

There never was a more popular member on here than what nicko was for a few years. The site used to shut down regularly thanks to his 11 o clock specials.

Funny how things change.

The board is a much better place without him, tbh. And that's nothing against him personally, but the "11 o'clock news" turned the rest of the forum into a sideshow.

The board is a much better place without him, tbh. And that's nothing against him personally, but the "11 o'clock news" turned the rest of the forum into a sideshow.

Agreed . 11 O clockers were good initially until he got so far up his own arse he could see daylight and started prick teasing the more impressionable.

Guest Norbert

As I said on facebook, is this the first chip at the dam holding back some ugly truth about a certain agent? Whatever happens, I hope that particular figure loses everything and is chased out of the game.

Archived