BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Whalley Range ... Laws?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

btw Your friend has my sympathy of course Paul but does his cancer prevent him walking more than a few yards?

I've never noticed it as a problem but the point is disability comes in many forms. The provision of a blue badge is not necessarily related to one's walking ability but I would agree this is the general view people have.

For example one criteria is access to public transport. An individual unable to use public transport may qualify for a blue badge.

I work with somebody that was recently given by the government a free brand new 4x4 just because he has a little arthritis in his knees, hes only upper middle aged works full time and is just as capable as anybody, his only problem is occasional pain and stiffness in his knee which is easily treatable with mild anti inflammatory meds/painkillers and I'm sorry but thats not a disability in my book(just part of life and getting old)

Is this him......?

Quite right. People with small children do need wider car parking spaces and I have absolutely no objections to that. So whats wrong with having them at the back of the car park and not next in line behind disabled spaces?

What irritates most people is that there are simply too many of these spaces allocated. I can never rem seeing all the disabled and mother and child spaces anywhere all taken.

I presume the location of the parent/child parking is a safety issue. Having a toddler/buggy/mother negotiate various lanes of traffic strikes me as dangerous. There are generally no desginated footpaths/pedestrian areas in car parks and the toddler/buggy/mother will potentially cause obstructions and potentially not be able to get out of the way of a vehicle, if required. Certainly an ordinary pedestrian will be able to get out of the way (dodge between parked cars, for example) far easier that the aforementioned toddler/buggy/mother.

As to the number of spots allocated in such a manner my local tesco usually has no child/mother spaces available, but I can see how this could be annoying if everywhere else is full and there are spots going begging.

I work with somebody that was recently given by the government a free brand new 4x4 just because he has a little arthritis in his knees, hes only upper middle aged works full time and is just as capable as anybody, his only problem is occasional pain and stiffness in his knee which is easily treatable with mild anti inflammatory meds/painkillers and I'm sorry but thats not a disability in my book(just part of life and getting old)

Wonder how bad those knees would be if they'd been supplied with one of these instead.

article-2046924-0E4AFF2600000578-206_468

Whatever happened to them by the way? I suppose someone will tell me it was a human rights issue or something?

Wonder how bad those knees would be if they'd been supplied with one of these instead.

article-2046924-0E4AFF2600000578-206_468

Whatever happened to them by the way? I suppose someone will tell me it was a human rights issue or something?

didnt they have a history of flipping over ridicoulously easily(even when not moving at speed), even so id have oneif it had a bit of a modern makeover,i imagine theyd be dirt cheap too run(which i think was their main selling point)

didnt they have a history of flipping over ridicoulously easily(even when not moving at speed), even so id have oneif it had a bit of a modern makeover,i imagine theyd be dirt cheap too run(which i think was their main selling point)

You could be right - although nowadays they probably be deliberately targeted for 'tipping'!

I think they have modernised them already. Not cheap to buy though...

SeaBlue.jpg

Archived