BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal in the 5th Round of the Cup *PLEASE DONT ASK FOR STREAMING LINKS!*

m1st

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's match was the first time since Big Sam left that I found myself absolutely rooting for Rovers.

I honestly thought my feeling for the club had withered almost completely away.

Hope this is the start of something really good for Rovers again.

Appy times.

I love seeing nil against the opposition name. Appleton is spot on, keep it tight at the back and we will do well.

I remember Gordon Lee majoring on tight defences and he didn't have the strike force Appleton has - let's hope it ends with the same result of promotion.

Isn't this a nice feeling, a manager we can believe in, the owners supporting him and letting the team do the talking. I love being a Rovers fan again woo-bloody-hoo! :D

Today's match was the first time since Big Sam left that I found myself absolutely rooting for Rovers.

Appy times.

Same here Merc, wow, edge of the seat stuff. Well done Appy.

Quote from Mark Bright.

"Michael Appleton has turned the club around since arriving at Blackburn. He has gone to the Emirates with a game plan and it has worked. Let's give some credit to Blackburn instead of simply slagging off Arsenal"

Martin Keown, BBC SportArsenal 0-1 Blackburn

"Blackburn just kept believing they could get something out of this game. The amount of pressure Arsenal were putting on them at the end was relentless. Grant Hanley and Scott Dann will not have played a better game this season, even in their entire careers. An outstanding performance from Blackburn today."

Certainly was.

Loved the way Appleton remained calm and undemonstrative throughout then went with the players over to the fans.

I'm off to change my keks after Arteta smashed that shot into the side netting.

Few drinks are definitely in order tonight!

I could have sworn that went in as well.

So happy and proud of everyone involved in that win. What a f-kin result that was.

Wenger never lost to lower league opposition, no home games lost in the FA Cup for over 30 games I believe.

Love it.

Formica just scored for Palermo as well.

Appy times.

Exactly my feelings. It's like the magic of the FA cup brought us back to life for this game. 7-1 loss here last season, and now...unbelievable. Crazy. Amazing.

Kean became a hero today in my eyes, one of the most confident and stable performances from a keeper since Brad's days. The defenders rallied around him too.

Incredible, we must savor this for as long as we can...

Hard to believe it's more or less the same set of players that would regularly roll over away from home against teams such as Arsenal. Some heroic defending at the back especially from Hanley and Dann who both were magnificent throughout. Olsson-Mk1 made the difference for the goal with a surging run from the back. The midfield worked tirelessly throughout including new boy Williamson, who made an impressive debut. We rode our luck a bit of course and when we didn't Jake Kean kept Arsenal at bay impressively a couple of times. One game away from Wembley, hope for a good draw in the next round and that another Premiership team or two may fall by the wayside before then.

• Backroom

No comments from Shebby or BRAG yet !

Wonder what they are thinking now ?

The committee members that I vaguely know are good guys, I'm sure they'd hold their hands up and admit their actions around his appointment were regrettable at best

Back the Badge - the improvements since Appleton was appointed. Added with todays result and performance by both manager and team.

Is reason enough why Ewood park should be rocking next home match. Don't support venkys - though they appointed Appleton.

But the manager and the team on the pitch.

Exactly my feelings. It's like the magic of the FA cup brought us back to life for this game. 7-1 loss here last season, and now...unbelievable. Crazy. Amazing.

Kean became a hero today in my eyes, one of the most confident and stable performances from a keeper since Brad's days. The defenders rallied around him too.

Incredible, we must savor this for as long as we can...

Mr. E, keep these kind of posts up.

Archived