BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal in the 5th Round of the Cup *PLEASE DONT ASK FOR STREAMING LINKS!*

m1st

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defended very well, particularly Hanley and Dann.

Williamson and Lowe battling away in midfield. Getting very little from either Markus Olsson or Pedersen, but that is perhaps to be expected given the possession of Arsenal. Could definitely do with bringing Bentley on not too far into the second half.

Very very good defensive performance - tight and organized. Also Kean looking good. Get the feeling Arsenal will need something special or a penalty to score. Looking at their bench I'd expect some changes in 2nd half and probably one that will provide that something special.

Williamson doing ok but must echo the sentiments on Lowe. Every game I've seen him play this season I come to the same conclusion - he should be nowhere near starting every game. Seems unable to pass to a teammate or do something productive. CKR also doing ok except a few daft bloopers - only one to hold up the ball though. Rhodes invisible man as expected.

Just hope Arsenal get frustrated in 2nd half, Appleton makes a couple of changes (Bentley cameo perhaps?) and we can nick an improbable goal or a replay.

williamson is a better version of lowe ..... both there makes our midfield look like a under 14 against men ..... need composure ...arsnel are beatable ... maybe bring rekik in and move martin up the pitch ... more options .. and i don't mind bringing bently in for pederson

That for me has been a massively impressive first half from Rovers.

Arsenal were relentless attacking with rhythm pace and determination throughout- this was no half-hearted Arsenal performance that has caused the fans to turn on Wenger.

Rovers were superbly organised and Jake Kean has been fantastic- done everything asked of him. Also Rovers have looked dangerous going forwards when the opportunity presented.

There is no doubt that Arsenal look the Prem side and we look second division in terms of individual pace, strength and skill but we have battled well and been organised, stringing passes together to get the breathing spaces to avoid Arsenal really mounting a siege at any stage.

Finally, this is really tempting fate but Mike Riley looks a class above the refs we have seen this season.

So far so good. I think Arsenl have declined even more than we have, a lot of possession but this is nothing like the Arsenal of few years ago, even allowing for resting a few. Time was when Arsenal reserves killed us.

Kean - look far more assured than fatty ever did

Orr - same as usual

Dann/Hnley look far more solid than last season

Olssen - we appear to have 2 Marcus's now

Pedersen -pathetic

Williamson - looks ok actually, snapping at their heels

Lowe - he tries, bless him

Kazim - classiest player by far, putting in the yards and giving them some gip as well

Jordan - invisible but just needs one chance

Hang on for another 20 then get Bentley on for Pedersen

Got to say so far impressed a midfield defending , must have been a couple of seasons since that happened, as well as the others that have been mentioned think Orr is having a decent game and putting a shift in despite his silly booking. Going in 0-0 at half time a bonus hopefully a little bit more luck in the 2nd half and a draw is not out of the question

Looked really well organised there, what a change from the Kean/Berg eras. I wish we were a bit better on the ball though as we are inviting pressure on by keep losing it. Expect a penalty to be given against us at some stage as Arsenal are diving already and the ref doesn't seem to be worried about it. He should be booking people who dive or it'll just get worse. Hope to see Bentley on for either wide player fairly soon.

Watching Andy and Richard at half time. haven't seen these 2 clowns for years and had forgotten they existed. They've both aged a bit as well.

Yeah I noticed that he also referred to us as Blackman rovers sure of it.

I'm pretty sure the Australian commentator called him Martin Molsson. Probably a slip of the tongue though as the other times it was Marcus and Martin Olsson, just sometimes not the right one.

Finally, this is really tempting fate but Mike Riley looks a class above the refs we have seen this season.

Was thinking that myself actually but didn't want to jinx it.

im going for 3 - 0 arsenal, soon as there big guns come on we are truly @#/?, its all well and good we are organised im glad about that but if we cant even muster up one chance through the game we are never going to win, same goes for every game, we have the quality to keep it on the deck, but to keep hoofing it to rhodes or ckr is usless

theres always 30-60 yards between rhodes and the midfield

• Backroom

But Adam we have created a chance which olsson missed

If we can stay tight and create just one more you never know

If we try to match them at their game it will be ugly

That for me has been a massively impressive first half from Rovers.

Arsenal were relentless attacking with rhythm pace and determination throughout- this was no half-hearted Arsenal performance that has caused the fans to turn on Wenger.

Rovers were superbly organised and Jake Kean has been fantastic- done everything asked of him. Also Rovers have looked dangerous going forwards when the opportunity presented.

There is no doubt that Arsenal look the Prem side and we look second division in terms of individual pace, strength and skill but we have battled well and been organised, stringing passes together to get the breathing spaces to avoid Arsenal really mounting a siege at any stage.

the Ref is Mike Dean. Mike Riley is head of refs

Archived