• Created
  • Last Reply

Norwich

Blackpool

Southampton

Reading

WBA

Swansea

As always in life there is more than one way to skin a cat and these teams passed there way to promotion. Appleton just so you know hasn't gotten a team out of this league in the direction we all want, to date. We will need to be able to pass the ball if we want to get where we want to go and stay there, knock it forward and play from there won't be enough.

Exactly. Of course there are different ways of achieving success at this standard. I seem to remember we played decent football last time round as well with Duff, Jansen, Gillespie, Dunn all knocking about. We certainly need to be able to mix it up and score more goals as we won't always win with just the odd goal here and there. As Den points out though it does depend on who is available for selection and our players simply were not good enough to walk it into the net early season.

Norwich

Blackpool

Southampton

Reading

WBA

Swansea

As always in life there is more than one way to skin a cat and these teams passed there way to promotion. Appleton just so you know hasn't gotten a team out of this league in the direction we all want, to date. We will need to be able to pass the ball if we want to get where we want to go and stay there, knock it forward and play from there won't be enough.

Lets be fair though. he hasn't really had a team / club that was remotely capable of achieving it. Until now.

Depends on the players at your disposal Maj.

Indeed it does and I don't think CKR or Rhodes suit that style on bit, IMHO.

Trouble is for me at present is that we don't really have the players for anything other than getting it wide quickly and using the pace to attack. Trouble is if we play as compact as we did on Saturday it will be difficult.

Just a reminder. For those going by private transport or train. The pub to aim for in Brighton is the Evening Star. Very near the station. If not you will have to wait till in the ground. Often brighton sell beers that visiting fans are used to. So Thwaites could be on sale.

Lets be fair though. he hasn't really had a team / club that was remotely capable of achieving it. Until now.

My point was regardless of harshness that Appleton has never gotten a team promoted as manager so can't really say what he has.

Unfortunately Maj, three of our best passers have all been let go.

We have Murphy and he can pass a ball. I don't think he is capable of playing in a two and being as effective as we need him to be. He needs more around him and if being honest I think we'd be better off playing a middle 3 and three up top.

If fit:

Kean

Henley Hanley Dann Olsson

Etuhu (can't believe it either, but)

Murphy MGP

CKR Rhodes DJ

Extra man in the middle most games means Murphy can get further forward and not worry too much about defending and with CKR Rhodes and DJ up top/wide then he'll have targets, the pace from two full backs who like to get forward will create other options as well. I just don't think we have the squad at present for 442.

Kean

Orr Hanley Dann Mn Olsson

Williamson Lowe Murphy Nunes

Kazim Rhodes

Subs: Usai, Campbell, Gomes, Mk Olsson, Pedersen, Givet, Morris.

Solid down the right and a winger with a bit of pace to give us something on the break.

Obviously if they out number us in the middle, Kazim and Nunes can be the wingers and Williamson can push inside.

Cheers for the replies guys, tried getting my mate to send my stuff down on the bus but he's out of town so can't happen unfortunately. Love wearing mu colors but like i said i was never meant to be going to this game or Arse so never brought them.

I called the club today for my ticket and i have to pick it up from the away ticket office after the coach arrives at approx 6pm the lady said, is there any pub Rovers fans are going to before that to have a sip? Would obviously much rather be with Rovers fans.

Cheers for the replies guys, tried getting my mate to send my stuff down on the bus but he's out of town so can't happen unfortunately. Love wearing mu colors but like i said i was never meant to be going to this game or Arse so never brought them.

I called the club today for my ticket and i have to pick it up from the away ticket office after the coach arrives at approx 6pm the lady said, is there any pub Rovers fans are going to before that to have a sip? Would obviously much rather be with Rovers fans.

there arent any pubs near ground. Youll have to get train to Brighton or Lewes. Ill be going to Lewes because thats one stop and actually nearer than Brighton main, also alot less busy

Norwich

Blackpool

Southampton

Reading

WBA

Swansea

But in the same way there's West Ham, QPR, Reading etc. Someone said that Appleton is a mini-Sam and the early signs are definitely pointing to that.

I hope we demolish Brighton tonight. Their fans are so deluded its almost unbelievable. They think we are a dirty team? They only player they might have is Jordan Rhodes...might only might.

They have hit a nerve and I hope we stuff them tonight and send them all home crying.

there arent any pubs near ground. Youll have to get train to Brighton or Lewes. Ill be going to Lewes because thats one stop and actually nearer than Brighton main, also alot less busy

Correct. two very near the station.

I've just checked radio lancs schedule and Yeovil v PNE is their live game tonight. It seems the 'big' game at Huish Park is more important than ours!

A long shot but do any of our overseas fans know if this game is being broadcast abroad? I very much doubt it due to champions league but no harm in asking.

I've just checked radio lancs schedule and Yeovil v PNE is their live game tonight. It seems the 'big' game at Huish Park is more important than ours!

A long shot but do any of our overseas fans know if this game is being broadcast abroad? I very much doubt it due to champions league but no harm in asking.

Nope, don't think so. We always get the 'licensing issues' here in Australia. Can't get Radio Rovers/Rovers Player either.

Ridiculous, but I'm not at all surprised, that station is a disgrace and should move it's base out of Blackburn.

could you not get your stuff on the coach, bit late I know

Hello. I've just tweeted radio lancs and they have told me there will be full live commentary of tonights match.

Archived