BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mp3 player recommendations

Id like recommendations for a mp3 player I can use at the gym. Dont want anything cheap n nasty, or gadgety and overpriced either. Ipods seem to be extremely expensive, including even 2nd hand models on eBay. Want something to fit in my pocket, and holds 2-300 songs and isnt tricky to upload to.

Id prefer something with decent sound and easy to use, than having extras i wont use like album art or games.

Anyone got any recommendations of what they use?

I think the latest iPod Nanos are £129 and have 16gb of storage. That's plenty and it's quite a small unit.

The plus side of a Nano would be you can have apps on it to record your workouts and it would also connect to most gym equipment these days.

I'm sure if it is purely music then there will be other options such as Sony but you can get hold of a iPod shuffle that literally just plays music for about £40 (for 2GB).

I've got one of these. 8GB capacity and a micro sd slot for more space. It's small and easy to use. Good for running etc as it clips onto clothing. Also supports rockbox (custom firmware). Putting songs on it is just drag & drop.

You'd need to get some headphones though, as the ones it comes with are crap. And in the settings you should change the region. If you leave it set to EU the volume output is limited.

I've been using a Sony walkman for the past 5 years as a standalone mp3 player mainly to use at work, main reasons i love it are:- Sonys sound qualities much better than anythinhg apple have ever made, build qulity very solid mostly metal casing(takes a real beating in my pocket at work in the factory), small and very light most important for me- its got actual physical buttons for changing tracks and volume-so i dont have to keep taking it out of my pocket fiddling and looking at it as you would have too with a touchscreen(i can just easily feel and press the buttons through my pocket)

It also came with a very good mid range set of earhones that would normally cost around £40 to buy on there own.

this is the one i have- http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-NWZA829B-16GB-Video-Walkman/dp/B0015RZ7RS/ref=sr_1_10?s=network-media&ie=UTF8&qid=1360792194&sr=1-10 though this models not available new anymore(it cost me about £100 at the time).

Thanks everyone, an ipod is beyond my reach financially, plus i want something i dont mind bouncing around if its in my pocket ( id be afraid of damaging an ipod), ive just ordered the one rocksteady recommended 2nd hand off ebay for £12 so hopefully will be fine for my needs.

Archived