BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Noisy neighbours?

• Backroom

They seem to refer to their 'homies' as 'innit blud' too. I can only assume this is a pronoun of some kind as it makes no grammatical sense outside of 'isn't it, mate?' but it's rarely used in that way.

They have a knack for putting neon lights under their cars. Sun-tanning for the mechanics, perhaps?

They seem to refer to their 'homies' as 'innit blud' too. I can only assume this is a pronoun of some kind as it makes no grammatical sense outside of 'isn't it, mate?' but it's rarely used in that way.

They have a knack for putting neon lights under their cars. Sun-tanning for the mechanics, perhaps?

I thought that extra lighting was so they could still stand around in the dark and still look at each others underpants, whilst pretending to hold their jeans up by feeling their balls

One thing I truly don't understand is why this type of scrote has unbelievably noisy exhausts.

What's the point in that?

Surely a good car is nice and quiet, not sounding like it's about to fall to pieces.

• Backroom

One thing I truly don't understand is why this type of scrote has unbelievably noisy exhausts.

Surely a good car is nice and quiet, not sounding like it's about to fall to pieces.

The best car I ever drove was a dilapidated Austin Mini haha. But a good point nonetheless. Also, what's the point in the those alloys that keeps spinning when the car is stopped? Is it for chopping veg for a nice lentil soup?

The best car I ever drove was a dilapidated Austin Mini haha. But a good point nonetheless. Also, what's the point in the those alloys that keeps spinning when the car is stopped? Is it for chopping veg for a nice lentil soup?

Boys, I think we're getting old. :lol:

Myself and partner used to live sepratly when we first met. She had a neighbour who'd fight all hours, smash cars up and leave caravans and rubbish outside the house. One night I recorded him fighting with another scummer type and forwarded to the police. They then performed a nightly patrol of the effected area after others complained. This was a private housing estate but we still phoned the council who issue decibel warnings and after two can force rental evictions or contact police to prosecute. In short check your ciuncils website.

For awhile now there's been a particularly nasty piece of work who lives the next door down from my parents. Everything about the guy is loud. If it's not slamming car doors at all hours, then it's loud music, revving up motors with big fatass exhausts, cutting up scrap out front with his saw, and even his voice is like a bloody foghorn! Oh, and for a 40-something bloke most of his mates are chavvy boy-racers, so there's even more noise when they come around.

What with my parents getting on in years and my father being terminally ill, they really don't have the tolerance for it anymore and personally I don't think they should be subject to it. Will contacting the local council even be worth it? I've heard they ask you to record a 'noise diary' for god knows how long and then they *might* do something about it, like send out a nansy-pansy letter. Another problem is that the noise is intermittent. It's not like say, someone who has garage music blaring from dusk till dawn, which would be easier for an inspector to catch. Although, I do have a good idea who their landlord is, so would it perhaps be easier to go straight to them? And before anyone says "Just have a quiet word", trust me, he's been made aware of it but he simply doesn't give two figs. In fact, he finds it all quite amusing.

Not sure but I think there is a 6pm cut off time for excessive noise in non commercial property - residential. so yes contact envionmental folk at council / police. If you want to go down the 'legal' route.

Do any other neighbours in the area find the noisy ones objectionable? If so, it might be useful to get them on your side.

I think my local council do a leaflet on noisy neighbours (I've had problems too in the past) - it might be a useful starting point to see if yours does.

Do any other neighbours in the area find the noisy ones objectionable? If so, it might be useful to get them on your side.

The guy next-door (who separates my parents and the @#/?) had a recent barney with him. Had a right go at him about the noise and said he thinks he owns the street. But that soon blew over when he needed something fixed with his car. The @#/?'s pretty much the 'go-to-guy' for stuff like that. I doubt anyone else would have the balls to make a stand, tbh. Sad really, because if you took him out of the equation it would be a really quiet neighbourhood.

Dont expect help off anyone, we had some pikeys move in 2 houses away on a quiet private cul-de-sac. They were private renters on benefits. We had all our garden furniture stolen, garden wrecked and cars damaged. Spent £500 on cctv. We caught their kids on camera vandalising the garden but still the police wouldnt touch them.

I was arrested 3 times for assault of the male occupant, never charged. I had it out with the cops that they must be informers as they were druggies and never got arrested.

As soon as i started telling everyone they were informers they were ghosted out over night.

Dont rely on anyone offical to help. Help yourself. Do you not know someone who will have a quiet word with him?

Archived